Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 My Aunt is teaching me to knit
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joseyknit
New Pal

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  12:24:00 PM  Show Profile Send joseyknit a Private Message
My aunt is just starting to teach me to knit because I asked her to because my mom knitted. I have just started to learn and am reading all kind of things that I don't understand on here. I have a question, will I ever understand what you are talking about? I have many things to ask her when she gets home.

Josey

VaxGirl
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
511 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  12:33:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit VaxGirl's Homepage Send VaxGirl a Private Message
Hi Josey!
Sure you will understand, and probably sooner than you think! Everyone was a beginner at one time and asked a lot of questions too. You may also want to find a book at your library or bookstore; that's what really helps me.
Go to Top of Page

blazfglori
Permanent Resident

USA
1333 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  12:36:33 PM  Show Profile Send blazfglori a Private Message
Welcome Josey!

You *will* completely understand...it just takes time to learn the "lingo".

Feel free to ask any questions you need here.
Everyone has always been super helpful when I've asked.

Happy Knitting! :)

~Lori

Go to Top of Page

joseyknit
New Pal

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  12:44:43 PM  Show Profile Send joseyknit a Private Message
Thank you, that does make me feel a bit less scared to learn.

Josey
Go to Top of Page

blwinteler
Permanent Resident

USA
3145 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  9:30:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit blwinteler's Homepage  Send blwinteler a Yahoo! Message Send blwinteler a Private Message
Everyone here is a great help. I knit for about 3 years before coming here. I still didn't understand most of what they all were talking about. Obviously, I caught on pretty quick and now am one of the more talkative ones here. You will find everyone to be pleasant and willing to answer any questions. And there are no stupid questions and no knitting police.

Take care!
Brandy

My finished projects

We are but 8 score young blondes and brunettes... all between 16 and 19-and-a-half... cut off in this castle with no one to protect us! Oh... it is a lonely life. Bathing... dressing... undressing... knitting exciting underwear ....(Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Tale of Sir Galahad)
Go to Top of Page

COgirl
Permanent Resident

USA
2176 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  9:50:31 PM  Show Profile Send COgirl a Private Message
Welcome to the world of knitting. You'll love it. Don't be afraid to try anything. That's the best way to learn. One thing about knitting is that you can always just unravel your work and start all over. (That's called frogging by the way -- rip it, rip it, rip it.)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.34 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe