Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Spinner Central
 Fiber Swap
 Yarn Swap for Knitting
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SpottedTApps
New Pal

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2005 :  11:43:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit SpottedTApps's Homepage Send SpottedTApps a Private Message
OK, there have been suggestions, and YarnLover wondered if someone wanted to start a swap since she has done the others. So, how about a swap for enough yarn to knit something?

Say in sets of 4 people (4, 8, 12 if enough), 50 yards per person, so a total of 150 yards each person would have to spin. And everyone would get 3 samples to play with.

Or, if that is too much we can do sets of 3s (3, 6, 9), 50 yards each total 100 yards to spin and everyone gets 2 samples to play with.

Let me know what you guys like.

Lets do wool in Spring colors since we will want spring to be right around the corner soon.

Who's interested?

See my new spinning blog! www.freewebs.com/spottedtapps

celia
Permanent Resident

Australia
2454 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2005 :  4:11:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit celia's Homepage Send celia a Private Message
Yes yes, me me!
but i am in Australia - is that okay? If it makes it easier, I am happy to post all my samples to one person and include a little money for that poerson to post out to everyone else.

My blog is here:
http://celiaknits.blogspot.com
I am destashing here:
http://celias-basket.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

SpottedTApps
New Pal

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2005 :  11:16:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit SpottedTApps's Homepage Send SpottedTApps a Private Message
That should be fine Celia. Anyone else?

See my new spinning blog! www.freewebs.com/spottedtapps
Go to Top of Page

Andy
Seriously Hooked

USA
774 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2005 :  11:36:24 AM  Show Profile Send Andy a Private Message
This might be the wrong time of year to ask for this large of spinning for others, if you have a swap of two or three people it might be quite a bit of spinning. I know I'd be out for the season until after the end of January!

Give Coleridge credit for saying that people most often err in what they condemn and are nearest the truth in what they allow.
http://www.livejournal.com/users/shuvani11/
Andy-wommon
Go to Top of Page

SpottedTApps
New Pal

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  3:08:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit SpottedTApps's Homepage Send SpottedTApps a Private Message
for those interested, Celia and I are swapping 6 oz. of handspun fiber. She is doing alpaca, and I am doing llama. I started my llama last night, something that DB sent me. It is a lovely fawn color, and I combed it with a white superwash wool that I have on hand. Spinning up beautifully.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.52 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe