Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting on the Web
 Online Shops - Questions and Favorites
 Yarnia.com?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tbunting
New Pal

1 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2005 :  12:54:11 PM  Show Profile Send tbunting a Private Message
Hi
Is anyone familiar with Yarnia.com? I only received a partial order but it listed it as complete. I'm having a terrible time trying to reach anyone at any of their phones/emails to see what might have happened.
Cheers
Tracy

knits_for_preemies
Permanent Resident

USA
1957 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2005 :  07:28:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit knits_for_preemies's Homepage Send knits_for_preemies a Private Message
Tracy, I'm not familiar with the company, but your difficulty in contacting anyone is unsettling. Of course keep trying phone/email.

Here is a link to a consumer expert in the Atlanta, GA area--has a syndicated radio talk show--his name is Clark Howard. You can call in to the radio show, but you can also write email to his team of helpers, which seems like an easier thing to do. Here is the link:

http://clarkhoward.com/inside/ask_team_clark.html

This is not the home page, but you can find all the other info the site offers in the menu on the left side of the screen.

Maybe he or his team can help you get to the bottom of your problem.

Barbara
Go to Top of Page

Lumberjill
Chatty Knitter

USA
188 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  9:34:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lumberjill's Homepage Send Lumberjill a Private Message
Tracy, have you gotten any response yet about this order?

I recently had/am having a rough time getting responses and good service from Yarnia. (They didn't tell me yarn was backordered until I contacted them myself. They then kept giving me shipping estimates of 2-3 days, for five weeks. And of course then shipped the wrong color! Augh!) However, I do seem to get through to them. They are simply slow to respond and not always accurate with their information.

I would like to note that I'm still trying to resolve a couple things with them via email.

On a separate note, I ordered Catalina Alpaca in the worsted weight, and the color numbers on Yarnia.com and CatalinaAlpaca.com (201, 203, etc) do not match up with the labels on the yarn itself, which confuses me. Not sure if this is just a Yarnia problem or a Catalina fluke.

http://laurakeet.blogspot.com/
Be careful or your face will stay that way.
Go to Top of Page

CindyH
New Pal

20 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  2:06:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit CindyH's Homepage Send CindyH a Private Message
Shopping with Yarnia was a horrific experience. I placed my order September 1, and my credit card statement shows that they charged the order to my account on the 6th. After 2 weeks, I contacted them to inquire about the status of my order. They had no idea where it was, and said my order had been shipped but they didn't have a tracking number. After inquiring again after a couple of days, I got a response saying that they would resend my order out with Express shipping. I did not receive anything, and from that point on, I called and e-mailed them multiple times, and I no longer got any responses from them. A month after placing the order, I had to file a dispute with my credit card company to get my money back. Funny how I FINALLY received the yarn a few days after I filed the credit card dispute...coincidence? I would NEVER order from Yarnia again.
Go to Top of Page

firymist
Chatty Knitter

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  6:09:58 PM  Show Profile Send firymist a Private Message
It's too bad they don't appear to have good business skills. (How can I be polite about this?) But thank you for letting us know about it.
firymist
Go to Top of Page

msgb
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
531 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  07:31:31 AM  Show Profile Send msgb a Private Message
I ordered from them once. While they have pretty good prices I am hesitant to use them again. They don't seem to update their site and there never seems to be anyone available to answer questions.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe