Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Shop Talk
 Shop owners and aspiring businesspeople
 Diakeito yarn
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wynnesayer
New Pal

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2005 :  08:29:39 AM  Show Profile Send wynnesayer a Private Message
Hi,
Does anyone know who makes this yarn and how I might contact them for my store? Also, what do you think of this yarn as compared/contrasted to Noro? Thanks in advance for your help.
Stacey

vintage
Chatty Knitter

USA
113 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2005 :  12:34:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit vintage's Homepage Send vintage a Private Message
I do not sell this yarn, so I cannot tell you how it compares to Noro. But, I found out the contact info in summer TNNA market directory. The distributor is:

Dancing Fibers
(806) 866-2792
www.dancingfibers.com

Vintage Knits Wool Shoppe
www.vintageknits.net
admin@vintageknits.net
Go to Top of Page

of troy
Permanent Resident

USA
2474 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2005 :  1:38:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit of troy's Homepage Send of troy a Private Message
Seaport yarns (NYC) also carries it.(they have a web page, i think its seaport.com, but i am not sure)

the colorways aren't as spectacular, but the yarn is much softer.

they have some beautiful 'carry along yarns' (see pink sweater in knitting album, its made with 'toppings' a mini pompom yarn (only sold to my knowledge in japan, my sister brought me some)

See my photo albums, (edit-NO PASSWORD REQUIRED) http://img78.photobucket.com/albums/v299/oftroy/
Go to Top of Page

KL
Permanent Resident

6041 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2005 :  4:58:15 PM  Show Profile Send KL a Private Message
We bought it as a possible trial to fall away from Noro because of deliveries. After knitting up, we were pleasantly surprised-it's quite beautiful. Not as subtle as Noro in colorations, but, nice just the same.And as mentioned, softer. I would definately recommend adding to your stock. KL
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe