Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Shop Talk
 Shop owners and aspiring businesspeople
 Receiving unordered merchandise from Supplier
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

knitabit33
Seriously Hooked

742 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  3:47:09 PM  Show Profile Send knitabit33 a Private Message
WOW Charging a credit card without proper authorization is a violation of trust as well as a violation of the the users agreement
with the credit card companies. CSUN -I hope you get all your money
back and kick them out of your store. There are plenty of reputable
companies out there

Karen

Go to Top of Page

csun
New Pal

18 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  4:20:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit csun's Homepage Send csun a Private Message
Thank you, Karen! You are so right. I can't seem to get any response from the supplier other than that I am incorrect, and so I have filed a lawsuit as of today. This has been such a waste of my time and the only sour spot on what has otherwise been such a successful opening. Thank you all for your comments!

Csun
Go to Top of Page

yivich
Chatty Knitter

246 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  09:10:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit yivich's Homepage Send yivich a Private Message
I bet you I know which vendor did this! If I'm right, I'm not at all surprised, they often do shady things like this.

My advise: return EVERYTHING to this vendor, not just the stuff you didn't order. Tell them you ordered the original yarn under the payment terms they layed out, NOT charging your credit card for everything PLUS stuff you didn't order. I assume you have all your original paperwork with terms layed out -- they violated that agreement by charging everything to your card, so you would be within your rights to return everything and they will have to give you your money back.

Tell them that after the way they conducted themselves, you never want to deal with them again. I for one would not ever represent their products with my name after such behavior!

If it's the company I'm guessing it is, the yarn shop I work for now doesn't carry it anymore, either, and the store I *used* to work for stopped carrying them 2 years ago. . . eventually they will have no LYS represenatation whatsoever. And it's because of their business practices, their yarns are very popular! But it's not worth the risk to deal with them.
Go to Top of Page

SweetKat
Warming Up

USA
79 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  09:21:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit SweetKat's Homepage Send SweetKat a Private Message
Am I the only one dying to know who does this? I would stop buying their yarns if I knew.
Go to Top of Page

saashka
Chatty Knitter

114 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  10:59:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit saashka's Homepage  Send saashka a Yahoo! Message Send saashka a Private Message
I want to know too. No point keeping scum in business.
Go to Top of Page

kdcrowley
Permanent Resident

USA
4773 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  11:51:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit kdcrowley's Homepage Send kdcrowley a Private Message
Am I the only one thinking fraud?

Perhaps, dear screwed over LYSO, you should call your local DA's office and ask to press charges for fraud. Also you could contact the post office for mail fraud if said vendor is shipping via mail.

Believe me, the manufacturer will know you are serious when they get a call from the USPS Mail Fraud division or the local DA or the Federal Trade Commission!

Kelley

Everywhere you go, there you are! Imagine that....

NaNoWriMo 2005 username: KDCROWLEY
Go to Top of Page

GFTC
Permanent Resident

USA
6331 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  12:03:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit GFTC's Homepage Send GFTC a Private Message
Let me guess.........KFI?

GFTC of NYC
Go to Top of Page

csun
New Pal

18 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  2:47:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit csun's Homepage Send csun a Private Message
Not KFI, and I have filed a lawsuit. Believe me, I would like nothing better than to warn all of you to be wary of this company. However, I am not sure whether or not I would be at fault for naming the company in a forum while we are disputing. Anyone know?
Thank you!
Csun

Csun
Go to Top of Page

knitabit33
Seriously Hooked

742 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  4:08:03 PM  Show Profile Send knitabit33 a Private Message
I am not a lawyer, but I would think that if your lawyer has filed
in the proper jurisdiction and the company has been served papers, then it is now a matter of public record. Check with your attorney,so
as not to create speculation that could hurt innocent companies.

Yet, at the same time this "scoundrel" needs to be exposed ASAP so that more stores are not hurt by their business practices.

And if there are merits to your case, as there probably are, other
stores that have been damaged by their actions may well step forward
and join your fight.

Regards and good luck
Karen

Go to Top of Page

alerievay
Chatty Knitter

115 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  4:33:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit alerievay's Homepage Send alerievay a Private Message
You should talk to your lawyer before revealing the name of the company on a public message board. It could very well hurt your case (or at least any settlement negotiations you may have with them).

(I am an attorney, but that isn't legal advice; it's just common sense.)

Good luck!

Valerie
Go to Top of Page

shear
Chatty Knitter

154 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  7:11:25 PM  Show Profile Send shear a Private Message
Maybe GTFC should heed the advice of alerievay's post.
Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  7:26:19 PM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
GFTC and everyone else can speculate all they want. It is the parties involved in a legal matter that are advised not to make public statements. "I am in a legal suit with XYZ." is okay to say(under the laws of my land) but publicly discussing it would be bad form. However, anyone else can chat!

"An injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Martin Luther King Jr.
www.femiknits.blog-city.com
Go to Top of Page

GFTC
Permanent Resident

USA
6331 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  7:29:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit GFTC's Homepage Send GFTC a Private Message
How did I get involved? I was just offering an educated guess which turned out to possibly be wrong.

GFTC of NYC
Go to Top of Page

knitabit33
Seriously Hooked

742 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  04:50:38 AM  Show Profile Send knitabit33 a Private Message
What Mokey said makes sense in that the rest of us can chat. It is done all the time on TV by the pundits. Ie Was it Karl, Scooter or ??.

I think that as other shopowners read this thread, the scoundrel will be exposed very soon.

Karen

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.66 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.