Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 The Curse of the Love Sweater?
 What about love hats??
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

clarelight
New Pal

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  11:08:58 AM  Show Profile  Send clarelight a Yahoo! Message Send clarelight a Private Message
Or more precisely, like hats?

I am in the midst of my knitting-Christmas-gifts-for-everyone-haze and I found some nice dark blue heavy worsted weight yarn that would be prefect for a stocking cap...for a guy I recently started dating. But now I'm having second thoughts. Is it okay to start this, and give it to my ever-loving daddy if it doesn't work out, or should I perhaps wait until Valentines Day?

clarelight

Stitch lightly, it makes ripping out easier

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  11:15:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
If you have to ask, don't do it.

I think that's going to be my new mantra in this section of the forums...

And welcome!

Amanda

"Is that my Not-Mine Sweater? Whoever gets that Not-Mine Sweater is very lucky."
Go to Top of Page

gdelrosa
Seriously Hooked

USA
851 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  3:04:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit gdelrosa's Homepage  Send gdelrosa a Yahoo! Message Send gdelrosa a Private Message
I've made my boyfriend tons of hats. I don't think there's a curse for a quick easy project. Just ones that you pour your heart into.

I changed my blog name: www.gailknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

bogiebogie
Permanent Resident

USA
1076 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2005 :  3:59:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit bogiebogie's Homepage Send bogiebogie a Private Message
I haven't had problems with hats, scarfs, or socks. But, we talked first and I got a feeling for whether or not he'd wear what I made for him, or if he was just being nice.

--JK
http://knitflix.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

jennaknits
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
509 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  11:13:13 AM  Show Profile Send jennaknits a Private Message
I made a hat for a good friend that became a boyfriend post-hat and a hat for a then boyfriend. I went over the details with them of what they wanted and had them pick out their own yarn. I can tell you, the then boyfriend didn't become an ex because of the hat (though I did hate seeing on the floor under his futon in a pile of dust).

http://knitdiva.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jaymeKnits
Permanent Resident

USA
1346 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  11:23:54 AM  Show Profile  Send jaymeKnits a Yahoo! Message Send jaymeKnits a Private Message
Does he wear hats? If you are really worried you could just knit it and plan on it being for anyone you forgot. If he sees it and likes it give it to him, if not give it to someone else.

Jayme
Go to Top of Page

vakelly
New Pal

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  07:49:31 AM  Show Profile Send vakelly a Private Message
I had a bald boyfriend once and he wanted a hat that he saw on a tv show (NYPD Blue). So, I showed him some patterns and they were all wrong according to him. When he looked at the hat again on the show, he said it was leather, so he didn't want me to make him one. Too bad, his loss.
Go to Top of Page

clarelight
New Pal

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  4:19:03 PM  Show Profile  Send clarelight a Yahoo! Message Send clarelight a Private Message
Alright, dear ones, the post-Christmas tell-all.

I knit my sweetie a hat. And then hats for his boys, who are three and six. The day after Christmas, I was driving by his place and saw a familiar figure, and two little ones, all wearing their hats! Which was very reassuring, 'cause the boys' mother was there too! (first time meeting her...oy!)

So, the love hats worked out fine (three, because when you're dating a guy with kids, you date the kids, too. I love them all)

Stitch lightly, it makes ripping out easier
Go to Top of Page

knitting_physicist
Chatty Knitter

122 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2005 :  10:42:38 AM  Show Profile Send knitting_physicist a Private Message
I knit my guy a hat as well, and immediately his mother wanted me to make her one too! So, two hats (and three scarves later) all is still well!

-Sarah

No...gravitational physics makes the world go round.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.64 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe