Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Talk about yarns reviewed in Knitter's Review
 Interlacements
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BessH
Permanent Resident

3095 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2003 :  04:01:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit BessH's Homepage Send BessH a Private Message
I like to save my KR review till I can savor it with a leisurely cup of coffee, so I’m just getting around to Clara’s review of Interlacements yarn. I love this yarn. I discovered it on a sock yarn quest Christmas of ‘01. It was the name “Toasty Toes” that lured me in - who could resist wearing socks knit out of something called Toasty Toes? But I had no idea where to find it. It was early December and the socks were supposed to be a Christmas present. I’m not sure how I found out they were in Colorado but a Switchboard search landed me their phone number. I called and the girl there said everybody was out making deliveries. I asked if she could give me the name of a retail outfit and she suggested Shuttles, Spindles & Skeins, Inc. in Boulder CO. http://www.shuttlesspindlesandskeins.com/ She knew they would have some yarn since Interlacements were making a delivery there the next day.

So I called them and got the nicest lady. She said they were a little short of TT yarn but I assured her that she would have plenty of it very soon. I told her how I’d tracked down the yarn, and then her shop. I explained that I wanted a yarn that was multi-colored but very masculine and sober. She walked around the shop describing the different colors of TT. I could hear happy sounding people in the background and I was so envious - how I wished I were there looking and feeling and shopping myself. But the salesperson found a color she described as having plenty of navy in it and I placed my order. It was at my house in just days and when I opened the box this Alive Sproinging Thing bulged up to greet me. It was the nicest merino yarn - wonderfully twisted - in shades of grays and blues with a hint of red. It was larger than a fingering yarn - not quite a DK. and it was such fun to knit with - though nobody warned me about the yarn needing another rinse and my #4 bryspuns turned a little blue while I was knitting the socks. My hands picked up a little color too, though it washed out just fine. DS, who got the socks, has not complained about either fading or staining or shrinking. I’m not exactly sure how he goes about doing laundry, though he was well taught. I do know he has to use a laundromat. But he would say something if they had failed him in any way since he knows my sock making is a constantly developing skill and I want feedback.

I’ve since gotten another skein which is white, rust, gold and black - desert colors but I haven’t been making many socks lately. that will be warm weather knitting I think. Thanks Clara for reviewing this yarn. Since it comes in a huge skein I will be sure to rinse mine before knitting it up.

marfa
Permanent Resident

USA
2001 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2003 :  9:30:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit marfa's Homepage Send marfa a Private Message
How do.
Bess, when I think of the great, imaginative, colorful & dynamic story tellers I know, you are there, girlfriend! That's a fabulous story - it's so easy to imagine you glued to the phone too.
Clara, your review was wonderful & I spent a bit of time checking out the "where to buy" link. As per your usual, you give great advice & reviews to all of us . I hope to order some Toasty Toes soon. Bess, you're right about the name - who could resist?!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.48 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe