Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Started your holiday projects yet?
 How close are you to the end?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Marg in Mirror
Permanent Resident

Canada
3205 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2005 :  8:21:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Marg in Mirror's Homepage  Send Marg in Mirror a Yahoo! Message Send Marg in Mirror a Private Message
Another one down! I've completed the pieces for 2 hooded sweaters (LoTech Sweat, ChicKnits) -- one with pockets -- and am nearly finished the body for Samus (Knitty.com). Started a 'mistake rib' scarf for my nephew; have 1 of a pair of fingerless gloves finished, plus have to start another scarf...

I have a road trip this weekend, but...sigh...I'm the one who's driving! [**]

-- Marg (can't knit fast enough) in Calgary

TLWKOTB
http://knitsonthebus.blogspot.com

kadiddly
Permanent Resident

USA
3076 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2005 :  11:00:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit kadiddly's Homepage  Send kadiddly a Yahoo! Message Send kadiddly a Private Message
all I have left that I *have* to get done is a pair of felted mittens (started this morning) and a Bubby bear (about half done). I might do a couple more small projects, but only if I feel like I have time.

You know, my telepathy would work if I had something to READ!
Backstage Stitches
Go to Top of Page

trekcelt
Seriously Hooked

USA
849 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  07:12:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit trekcelt's Homepage Send trekcelt a Private Message
You are kidding, right?

I have a Kepler to knit (I've done 8 repeats on the hip band) and a Quidditch style pullover. And we are going on vacation for a week between now and Christmas.

I am also knitting socks for me! I think that this weekend will be devoted to my sock so that I can wear the pair on Monday for knitting night.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

FO: 31, WIP: 3
trek's blog

"As for me and my house..."
Go to Top of Page

Boogie
Permanent Resident

USA
3073 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  08:22:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Boogie's Homepage Send Boogie a Private Message
I got waylaid by a Rogue.
Everyone is getting New Years presents instead of Christmas ones

amy
http://theboogerblog.blogspot.com
http://www.spunkyhats.com
Go to Top of Page

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4152 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  09:51:07 AM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message
I *may* or *may not* be done, depending on whether the moebius shoulder wrap I'm working on will be appropriate for my funky 82 year old Aunt or not (it's made out of prism cool stuff, so it might be a bit blingy for her, but maybe not).

It is a very quick knit, and I have a four hour car ride today, so I should *officially* be done by tomorrow! I felted several things yesterday that are gifts or part of gifts, and they're complete.

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4368 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  10:28:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message
The question for me is how close am I to getting started!

Jane

Blog: Not Plain Jane
Go to Top of Page

Gelliott
Seriously Hooked

USA
911 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  7:35:24 PM  Show Profile Send Gelliott a Private Message
I finally made a pair of felted slippers that look right! (I have 3 misshapen prototypes that could become eggplant cozies and banana pouches)

I'll make a few more pairs, now that I figured out what works. I also need to finsh a pair of socks and make a hat. No sweater-sized gifts this year!

Gelliott
Go to Top of Page

beadsnyarn
Chatty Knitter

USA
180 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2005 :  8:44:38 PM  Show Profile Send beadsnyarn a Private Message
I've got about 25 inches of my mom's wrap done (out of around 75 inches). I just started it 12 days ago, so I should be fine on finishing it. Then, I have an inch on a hat done, I need to do two more dishcloths, and a pair of socks.

I've finished:

one scarf
1 hat
4 dishcloths
1 drawstring bag

I'm feeling pretty good with how fast I'm going on the wrap. I was really worried, but 25 inches so far and it looks fabulous!

Beverly
Go to Top of Page

homebodyknits
Seriously Hooked

USA
713 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  12:58:07 AM  Show Profile Send homebodyknits a Private Message
I'm never "just about finished" because I can always think of "just one more item" to complete. I'm in the midst of a dog sweater for my sons dog for Christmas, my grandson brought me his bear and said that the sweater I made him for it last year is ok, but could I make a "Christmas Sweater" for him. My husband needs a hat and scarf, my daughter said she needs another hat to go with her other coat, everyone wants more dishcloths, and the list goes on.

Homebody Knits

Visit my Site

Go to Top of Page

knitnut05@yahoo.com
New Pal

33 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2005 :  4:50:34 PM  Show Profile Send knitnut05@yahoo.com a Private Message
I think I finally peaked on making knitted gifts for Xmas. After 5 felted purses, 3 beaded bracelets, 2 mens pair of socks and I felted vase, it's time to knit somthing for the fun of it.
How about the curly scarf? Should be easy and fast/ I am so addicted I have to knit every night.
I plan to start my first philosphers wool sweater after the new year. I have never done two handed knitting before but took a classes at stitches Midwest and did well. So wish me luck.
Any hints?

Happy Knitting.
Knitnut
Cindy
Go to Top of Page

Yarn Delirious
Seriously Hooked

USA
777 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2005 :  6:16:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yarn Delirious's Homepage Send Yarn Delirious a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by jcc28

The question for me is how close am I to getting started!

Jane

Blog: Not Plain Jane

I'm with Jane :)

I am interested in what a Kepler is? the designer of a particular sweater?

Yarn Delirious blog
Go to Top of Page

trekcelt
Seriously Hooked

USA
849 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2005 :  07:33:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit trekcelt's Homepage Send trekcelt a Private Message
A Kepler is a sweater designed by Emily. There is a knitalong and the pattern online for free.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

FO: 33, WIP: 2
trek's blog

"As for me and my house..."
Go to Top of Page

anang310
Chatty Knitter

USA
208 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2005 :  09:45:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit anang310's Homepage Send anang310 a Private Message
Finally getting started on my Xmas knitting. I'm halfway through hat #1 (of 5).

Trying to think of a good knit for my future MIL--she's wheelchair-bound. Last year, I knit her a Pi Shawl which I'm sure she hasn't used. Any suggestions?

http://www.anitaderouen.net/knitnut
Go to Top of Page

sallyjo
Permanent Resident

USA
2401 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2005 :  11:01:19 AM  Show Profile Send sallyjo a Private Message
A little farther along than I was in February, which is when I started Bigfoot's socks the first of, I think, three times. Or is that four? I hate those dang socks, and he'd better treasure them. "I like my socks tight". Tight around what, I ask?

"We all have our strengths and our weaknesses."
Go to Top of Page

autumns daughter
Chatty Knitter

267 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2005 :  12:04:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit autumns daughter's Homepage Send autumns daughter a Private Message
Done??? With what holiday projects? I do not know these projects of which you speak!
(ignore the piles of yarn in the corner)

autumn's daughter
bloggy blog:
http://autumnsdaughter.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2005 :  12:42:42 PM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
I am officially finished. Every year when the Signatures craft show rolls round, I go through my knitted items, and if I don't have enough I buy things at the show. Basically everyone gets knitted dish cloths and a tray of yummy dainty cookies purchased at the show.

I am currently on an Irish Hiking Scarf blitz, knitting my third one in a week. I need to knit at least 2 more for guys at work but that's easily done in three weeks.

"An injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Martin Luther King Jr.
www.femiknits.blog-city.com
Go to Top of Page

jaymeKnits
Permanent Resident

USA
1346 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2005 :  1:39:55 PM  Show Profile  Send jaymeKnits a Yahoo! Message Send jaymeKnits a Private Message
I just realized I have at least 40 days of regular knitting worh of things to make and only 26 days to make them. Ack!!

So far I've:
Spun and knit hats for my parents,
Spun yarn for my sister (the yarn itself is the present)
Spun Mom's yarn (have to knit it still)
Knit grandma a scarf
Knit 9/10ths of a sock for my dad.

I still have to knit:
Moms mobious scarf.
The rest of dad's socks
The other grandma a scarf (it was going to be lace but...)
Both grandpa's hats
DH's gloves
Sisters ______ (she lurks here so I can't say)

Think I can do it? Think I can do it without the house falling down around me?

Jayme
Go to Top of Page

westcoastchica
Seriously Hooked

Canada
788 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2005 :  3:13:45 PM  Show Profile Send westcoastchica a Private Message
Hmmm... socks for mum and sis done. Ribby Cardi for sis done. Cigar gloves for boyfriend, done. Cigar gloves for boyfriend's dad and brothers? Regular gloves for boyfriend's mum and his brother's girlfriend? Well... ya, I might want to get on that. But first I really want to finish Hourglass Sweater #2 for me! That and I haven't made it out to the store to get yarn for said gloves... minor problem. LOL

http://sapphyreknits.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Pampered Punkin
New Pal

47 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2005 :  11:09:04 PM  Show Profile Send Pampered Punkin a Private Message
So far I have made: 2 shawls,2 stuffed bunnies, a sweater set, 4 scarves, 2 pairs of mittens, a purse, a pair of pulse warmers, and a crocheted stuffed flamingo (a present for my mother-in-law's dog).

What I have left to finish before Christmas is: a sweater, two more stuffed animals, a scarf, 3 more pairs of pulse warmers, a pair of socks,and something for each of my grandmothers but I don't know what yet.

14 gifts down - 10 to go.
School lets out in a few days and I'll have three free weeks to knit so I don't think I'll have any problem finishing everything on time.
Go to Top of Page

LittleMousling
Permanent Resident

USA
1093 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  05:00:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit LittleMousling's Homepage Send LittleMousling a Private Message
I'm on the last two - the last pair of socks (for my Dad, and they're very much in the home stretch) and a stranded alpaca scarf, also for Dad but for his Chirstmas eve birthday (poor guy). The scarf's only about two feet in but like the Yarn Harlot says, fair isle seems to go magically faster than plain stockinette!

So far I've made two pairs of socks, three pairs of slippers, a "Magic" scarf, and a holiday stocking.

-Molly, obsessive but not exclusive socknitter
Stash photos and some FOs
Go to Top of Page

bcartercps
Warming Up

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  05:23:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit bcartercps's Homepage Send bcartercps a Private Message
I've got 19 or 20 things on the SuperSecretChrissiePressie (SSCP) List. 7 are completed, numbers 8, 9, 10 and 11 are on the needles. There's a nifty little KAL happening here http://whowouldntloveahandknittedgift.blogspot.com/ for this very thing.

No, say it isn't so ... surely there MUST be more than 23 days until Christmas!?!?!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.64 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?