Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Can felt be fixed?
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Started your holiday projects yet?
 How close are you to the end?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

knittinggal
Chatty Knitter

USA
296 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  06:35:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit knittinggal's Homepage Send knittinggal a Private Message
I'm such a lightweight when I see all the posts about those who are knitting sweaters! lol Maybe next year I'll be stepping into that arena. I finished a soft pink Beach Beanie from Hats, A Knitter's Dozen for one niece. I've started the second one for niece #2 and am using Cascade's Fixation. I have a scarf to knit for a coworker for Christmas and I'm getting the yarn tonight, so hopefully I'll have that finished over the weekend. That's all I'm mentally committing myself to for Christmas gifts. Whew!

Kay
Go to Top of Page

llybolt@yahoo.com

USA
Posted - 12/01/2005 :  06:43:28 AM  Show Profile Send llybolt@yahoo.com a Private Message
I am actually "sort of" finished with 7 pairs of socks, and 8 beaded thimble bags. By "sort of"----I can think of three more folks to give gifts to. So----we are heading south for a week in Phoenix, and I can get at least two bags and a pair of socks done on the road--------can't I???
Lynn
Go to Top of Page

maureenwd
New Pal

14 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  06:43:46 AM  Show Profile Send maureenwd a Private Message
I make hats each year for my nieces and nephews---was doing ok, but was blessed with a new nephew last week! So, 4 done, one on the needles, and 6 to go!
Go to Top of Page

craftcrazy
New Pal

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  08:24:05 AM  Show Profile Send craftcrazy a Private Message
I have 2 scarves in a blue camouflage to make for my son's Air Force JR ROTC sgt & major; a braided scarf for the Sunday school director, another for my boss, because they love mine, and a regular camouflage for my son's MARINE recruiter (same son, enlisted in delayed entry, but still in hugh school ROTC)
Everyone else is getting store-bought toys, clothes or bottles of scotch. i already made 5 scarves for my part-time staff, but they were started in july.

martie
Go to Top of Page

knittingpro
New Pal

0 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  09:30:22 AM  Show Profile Send knittingpro a Private Message
I can't believe it!! I am done! I made two shawls, one pair of mittens, many scarves and five felted purses. All turned out well. However, I felt a lot of pressure since summer to complete these gifts.
Go to Top of Page

crazymom3
Warming Up

59 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  12:12:49 PM  Show Profile Send crazymom3 a Private Message
I have one more stocking to finish and to felt 2 pairs of clogs. Cant wait to start on MY stuff.
Kris
Go to Top of Page

m11721
New Pal

47 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  12:30:20 PM  Show Profile Send m11721 a Private Message
I only made one thing, Knitty's Blackberry for my niece.

I am also working on a sweater for my SIL's baby shower that I need to get done next week. Luckily I just started the last sleeve, so I think I'm going to make it.
Go to Top of Page

alliwenk
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
373 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  7:04:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit alliwenk's Homepage Send alliwenk a Private Message
Um...I'm with knittinggal...shawls? SWEATERS?!? I love my dh & parents but...damn! My mom is getting socks, dad gloves, and dh a bigger ipod :)

Go to Top of Page

LaurieAdlerAnderson
New Pal

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2005 :  10:35:41 AM  Show Profile Send LaurieAdlerAnderson a Private Message
I am completely overwhelmed and if I don't sleep from now until 12/25 I'll have half of my life knit. Actually, I have quite a bit already done, including a lace merino scarf for my aunt of Cherry Tree Hill yarn, a pair of crazy, fun-fur topped socks in my middle daughter's favorite orange, cranberry and a bit of purple variegated, my son's camouflage hat, and my own crazy Russian fluffy, knobbly and suede red hat. Still to go? My sister-in-law's purple linen tee-shirt with the lace insets from the knitter's Summer 2003 (or is it Spring?) that is done except for the two lace shoulder panels and the 5 row neckband (in the works since 2003!), my niece's fun-fur red and green scarf to wrap around the enormous teddybear from the thrift shop(she's 4), her brother's size 8 sweater (not even started yet!) my oldest daughter's vest from summer 05 knitters (2/3 of the way finished) a friend's Boa poncho (started last night), my sister's vest (cabling my own patterns), and my mother and step-father's socks. Wow--and that's just the knitting, and it's already December 2nd! Fortunately, I don't have a life, I'm disabled, and I don't usually leave my block,:((] or I'd REALLY have problems! Oh, I forgot, there's the three sweaters I'm making for my children's foster mother--but they don't really count--two for grandbabies, and one for her NOT due on Christmas...boy, I lead such a sheltered life. Please feel free to email, I really don't have much to do! (and I can knit and read at the same time.)[:00] [

Out of every 10 people polled, 14 prefer chocolate!--Sandra Boynton
Go to Top of Page

symonskelly@aol.com

Posted - 12/02/2005 :  7:09:28 PM  Show Profile Send symonskelly@aol.com a Private Message
I just finished knitting three Christmas stockings. I feel really good about finishing all the "have to's". Now to finish my felted purse with my initial!
Kelly in Arkansas
Go to Top of Page

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2046 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2005 :  9:33:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message
If someone here, on KR, hadn't mentioned the Outlander series, I would be done! Now that I have finished the series, just today, I can get my committed knitting done! Let's see, . . . I should be done in about 4 days! Then I will be able to finish MY sweater, MY socks, make a hat for DH, new mittens for ME. There are always loads of projects around here that I can whip through, IF I'M NOT READING!

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!
Go to Top of Page

Knit and Purl Grrl
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
414 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2005 :  12:28:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Knit and Purl Grrl's Homepage Send Knit and Purl Grrl a Private Message
Boy, I'm glad I don't spin like some of you do, because I'm having a hard enough time getting my projects done when I BUY the wool! So far:
-Scarves for three nieces in various combinations of novelty yarn
-"Touch Me" scarf for my mom
-"Touch Me" scarf for a girlfriend who went to Russia to visit orphanages last week
-Scarf for my pal for the International Scarf Exchange
-Traveling Vines scarf for my SIL

Still to do:
-Baby booties (no pattern yet determined)
-Devil's hat for nephew
-Socks for BIL
-Socks for best friend's hubby

I'm leaving the men's socks for last because I can always bail on them and they won't care. The others are expected, so they're high priority!

Lain
Knit & Purl Grrl
visit me at http://knitandpurlgrrl.blogs.com/my_weblog/
Go to Top of Page

blazfglori
Permanent Resident

USA
1333 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2005 :  04:20:15 AM  Show Profile Send blazfglori a Private Message
I'VE FINISHED:

Coworkers: 10 pairs of felted mocs

Friend: Ruffle scarf

Friend's granddaughter: Booga bag

ON NEEDLES:

*Friend's mother: felted mocs

TO GO:

Gram: felted mocs

PROMISED TO SONS AFTER I GET HOLIDAY KNITTING DONE:

*Son #1: felted mocs and a hat to match his new coat

*Son #2: felted mocs

~Lori

Go to Top of Page

tejer
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
410 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2005 :  06:59:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit tejer's Homepage Send tejer a Private Message
Finished:

3 sets of 'gifted' mittens for Mom and sisters
2 headbands to go with mittens
1 snowflake illusion scarf for niece
1 Irish Hiking scarf for grandma
1 LMKG 'boyfriend' scarf for grandpa
'gifted' mittens and chic keyhole scarf for MIL

Almost finished:
1 mistake rib scarf for Dad

Yet to do:
Another snowflake illusion scarf for nephew
dishcloths for grandma
secret project for it's a secret...
the last headband to go with mittens for Mom

I think I might make it.

My blog: http://kristijo.blogs.friendster.com/my_knitting_blog/
Go to Top of Page

dacprof
New Pal

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2005 :  08:55:02 AM  Show Profile Send dacprof a Private Message
Last night was blocking and finishing for most of my knitted gifts. They are a scarf for my SIL, a wine bottle cozy for my brother (includes bottle of wine), a hat and scarf for DD, socks for my Dad, hat & scarf for niece 1, hats for nieces 2&3(ran out energy for mittens), & a hat for nephew.

Still need to finish nephew's mittens (modified 'gators from SNBN)and Mom's sweater (blocking & sewing). Socks for DH are still on the needles as is the evolving shawl for a friend. If I do anything more it's going to be dishcloths or a quick scarf. I still have a cardigan for myself and a cushion on the needles.

Deb
Go to Top of Page

Marg in Mirror
Permanent Resident

Canada
3205 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2005 :  4:39:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Marg in Mirror's Homepage  Send Marg in Mirror a Yahoo! Message Send Marg in Mirror a Private Message
Wow! What prolific knitters!

As for me, I've finished 1 scarf (mistake rib), almost finished another (faggotted rib), and have 1 glove of a pair completed. The Lo-Tech Sweater jackets (ChicKnits)are being blocked, and I'm on the first sleeve of the Samus jacket (knitty.com). Plus: this weekend I cut out and put together a lap quilt top. :-)

-- Marg in Calgary

TLWKOTB
http://knitsonthebus.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

frenetic@charter.net
Permanent Resident

1386 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  04:17:12 AM  Show Profile Send frenetic@charter.net a Private Message
I don't believe everyone! What prolific knitters! I have made 5 scarf and hat sets, 2 pairs of fingerless gloves, and have 3 pairs left. When does everyone get so much time to knit? Sigh.
Sharon
Go to Top of Page

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2046 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  07:17:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message
Well, today is day 4 and I am on schedule! I even managedlast night, to get 15 more rows done on one of my socks! Today is "finishing" day for the Christmas gifts; that is to say it is weave in ends day. I really hate weaving in ends!

Off topic, I wish the weather men would get their act together! One says an inch or two (snow) and another is forecasting up to TWO FEET for us. Geez! Guess I'll go grocery shopping and come home and just enjoy STAYING HOME!

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!
Go to Top of Page

wittyknits
Chatty Knitter

109 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  08:23:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit wittyknits's Homepage Send wittyknits a Private Message
I only started the gifts last weekend, but am progressing quickly. I'm knitting journal covers for my work friends, and have 2 done and the last one started. Then I'm doing flower pins with scraps for my girlfriends. I have pieces done for a few of those, and hope to have enough odds and ends knitted up this week to have a construction day this weekend. Then I'm done! Unless I add more to the list, which is possible. I might do a belt for my roommate, but I have to sneak into his closet and measure one he already has!

--
wittyknits.blogspot.com
Because a witty knit beats a nitwit any day!
Go to Top of Page

mokumegane
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
558 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  09:17:34 AM  Show Profile Send mokumegane a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Shalee

If someone here, on KR, hadn't mentioned the Outlander series, I would be done! Now that I have finished the series, just today, I can get my committed knitting done! Let's see, . . . I should be done in about 4 days! Then I will be able to finish MY sweater, MY socks, make a hat for DH, new mittens for ME. There are always loads of projects around here that I can whip through, IF I'M NOT READING!

Sharon in NW PA

Have you tried to see if you can get the books you want on PDF form? Then, you can have the book open on the computer, reading, while your hands are busy with your knitting. It would be something to check out, anyway...

Laugh- it keeps you sane!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.86 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.