Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Started your holiday projects yet?
 How close are you to the end?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

NaProus
Permanent Resident

1828 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2005 :  09:25:53 AM  Show Profile Send NaProus a Private Message
Let's see...

DONE:
Malabrigo Moebius for SIL in Tuareg
Kidsilk Haze Moebius for other SIL
2 Black Moebiii for ... someone (or two) sister? friend?
Silk Garden Ruffles for niece with matching gauntlets (need to sew onto gloves)
Cotton moebius for someone -- sister?

On needles:
malabrigo Moebius for nephew in law
stole for mother

Still need to start (and finish before next Tuesday! fortunately, I have a department meeting on Thursday and a LONG faculty meeting on Monday):
brown alpaca moebius for Brother
moebius for other brother

Don't have to be done till Christmas, and I have LOTS of flights to work on them between now and then:
Kidsilk Haze Moebius II for MIL
silk moebius for SIL -- think I'll do a bird's eye pattern
maybe something cute for the itty bitty nephews
Cashmerino Moebius for friend in Germany
Moebius for BIL in Germany
Moebius for my sweetie -- his can actually wait until AFTER Christmas if necessary

I'll probably also do a few more for friends in Italy. We do a lot of driving around while we're there, so it's a great way to keep my hands occupied!

Can you tell there's a theme here? I just lurrrrve Moebii!

What's a leper bandage? http://www.bevscountrycottage.com/bandages.html
http://www.ghm.org/resources/hands-on/knittedbandage.html
Go to Top of Page

westcoastchica
Seriously Hooked

Canada
788 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  9:36:52 PM  Show Profile Send westcoastchica a Private Message
9 days (BF is flying out to his folks in 9 days... I'm making his whole family gloves)... 6 gloves down... 6 gloves to knit... many gazillion ends to weave in... will I complete the task!! It's going to be CLOSE...

http://sapphyreknits.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

tejer
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
410 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2005 :  06:37:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit tejer's Homepage Send tejer a Private Message
finished the mistake rib scarf for Dad, and am almost done with grandma's dishcloths. But the best is that I finished my gift elf stuff. It's even all wrapped and ready to send out!

[IMG]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d94/tejer/15482782.jpg[/IMG]

My blog: http://kristijo.blogs.friendster.com/my_knitting_blog/
Go to Top of Page

sweetnsour
Chatty Knitter

USA
156 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  03:07:41 AM  Show Profile Send sweetnsour a Private Message
I wish I could say I was done. I'll probably be making a quick scarf next week instead of giving my hands a rest.

Today was my day off and I was going to knit up a storm, but I didn't. I've been trying to decide on a decent scarf for my mom and keep ripping it out because I didn't know if I had enough to make a decent sized scarf. So I'm scrapping it and making a hat, especially since she says she might not wear a scarf because she's not outside long enough to need a scarf. I sometimes get annoyed if someone doesn't use what I make up for them, so I wanted to make something useful. Plain black knit cap for dad, and another for a friend if I feel like it.

I've made one pair of socks and another should be off the needles by Sunday (I HATE knitting in the round right now). I have my own little projects to finish after this, but I think I might forget that yarn exists in the house and take a rest from it. Even though I have two felted bags, a Clapotis, a vest, and a lace scarf in mind...geez.

Amy
Go to Top of Page

LilyBeth
Gabber Extraordinaire

378 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  08:36:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit LilyBeth's Homepage Send LilyBeth a Private Message
I just found out that we don't see one set of in-laws until New Year's Day--I'm incredibly relieved. That's one felted bag that doesn't have to be done until after Christmas!

In my other holiday knitting, I reknit the foot of the sock that my puppy ate (she nearly went back to the Humane Society for that one), so I have one pair of socks complete. One of my hubby's socks is done, the other one not even started. I have one wrist warmer 75% complete, and it went fast, thank goodness.

Still to do: 3 wrist warmers, 1 sock and 2 felted bags

In the name of all that is holy, what am I thinking? I've started to triage my projects--the 2nd pair of wrist warmers can wait, if need be, and hubby can always get his socks late. The first felted bag is a must-do, so I'll make it after I finish the first wrist warmer pair.

At least my mom's Backyard Leaves scarf was completed in September.

In January, I'm knitting MYSELF some socks and finishing my Eris cardigan, by golly!
Go to Top of Page

scarlet
Chatty Knitter

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  09:19:36 AM  Show Profile Send scarlet a Private Message
Almost done with mine. 4 stocking caps for dad, finished and mailed. 1 cabled scarf for mom, 1 branching out scarf for gf done and mailed.

8 more washcloths left to finish.

Gave up on hubby's sweater, it'll have to be a birthday gift instead, no way to finish it in time.

Always wear your seatbelt. It makes it harder for the aliens to snatch you from your car.
Go to Top of Page

tejer
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
410 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2005 :  07:03:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit tejer's Homepage Send tejer a Private Message
I finished my last item last night. I even added something to my original list.

3 sets of 'gifted' mittens for Mom and sisters
3 headbands to go with mittens
1 snowflake illusion scarf for niece
1 Irish Hiking scarf for grandma
1 LMKG 'boyfriend' scarf for grandpa
'gifted' mittens and chic keyhole scarf for MIL
1 mistake rib scarf for Dad
Another snowflake illusion scarf for nephew
dishcloths for grandma
hat, mittens, and keyhole scarf for my gift elf, Jolene
(added) hat for my Brother-in-law

I will post them all on my blog after they are gifted. Yay! I'm done!

My blog: http://kristijo.blogs.friendster.com/my_knitting_blog/
Go to Top of Page

Kalikat
Chatty Knitter

137 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2005 :  10:52:30 AM  Show Profile Send Kalikat a Private Message
Wait... Could it be? I think I'm done. As I look around my living room strewn with yarn, hats, gloves, scarves, etc. I realize I'm finally finished. I've been plodding away almost every night for the past week and a half and suddenly, I have nothing I have to knit. Now let's see. What was it I did before I was knitting holiday gifts? Hmmmmmmm

http://photobucket.com/albums/b209/katknit/
Go to Top of Page

sweetnsour
Chatty Knitter

USA
156 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2005 :  01:23:01 AM  Show Profile Send sweetnsour a Private Message
I just got my mom's vine lace scarf blocked and dried. Whew, what a week. I got a feather and fan scarf done as well, and even started a hat at work on Saturday. The socks I made for my mom have been done for a couple of weeks, and the other pair was scrapped for unmentionable reasons.

When I get my digital camera I can start posting pictures up of the stuff to show to other people!

Amy

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.66 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?