Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Spinner Central
 Spinning Articles, Magazines, Books, and Links
 Shetland Fair Isle socks in current Spin-Off
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

purlwise
Chatty Knitter

259 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  7:50:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit purlwise's Homepage Send purlwise a Private Message
Just got my Winter issue yesterday. Did you see the Fair Isle socks in the Ad for the North American Shetland Sheep Association? I love these socks. Of course there's no info about who designed them or if there's a pattern available.

Regards,
Melinda
www.purlwise.com

Manicgirl
Chatty Knitter

Sweden
203 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2005 :  01:46:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manicgirl's Homepage Send Manicgirl a Private Message
I don't have my issue yet. It usually takes a couple of extra weeks [:((]

Maybe you can write to Spin Off or the NASSA and ask them about the designer?

Tina
(My blog: http://ulltopia.typepad.com/wooltopia)
Go to Top of Page

hobbitknitter
Permanent Resident

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2005 :  3:28:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit hobbitknitter's Homepage Send hobbitknitter a Private Message
doncha LOVE the weavette loom flowers in this issue? soooo cute!

~Sarah Elizabeth
 Spinners make the world go round.
Keep on knitting on!
http://knitonespintoo.blog-city.com
Go to Top of Page

llamafiber4
Chatty Knitter

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2005 :  5:08:35 PM  Show Profile Send llamafiber4 a Private Message
I just love those socks too. If you find the pattern please let us know.I would love to make those.

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

firymist
Chatty Knitter

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2005 :  8:17:50 PM  Show Profile Send firymist a Private Message
The socks are fab! Keep us posted as to pattern source.

Jessica
Go to Top of Page

Valk_scot
Permanent Resident

United Kingdom
1281 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2005 :  01:49:19 AM  Show Profile Send Valk_scot a Private Message
Humph! Do you know I still haven`t recieved my FALL Spin-Off? Despite me subscribing back in August and having exchanged several emails with them? They keep telling me my issue is in the post, but I suspect not. Either that or it`s swimming the Atlantic.

However as a new convert to sock knitting, and the recent buyer of not one but two Shetland fleeces, I`m looking forwards to seeing the winter issue now. Even if I do have to buy it in my local Borders at twice the subscription price!

Val.

[img]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/26/26_9_21.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

pugsweater
Gabber Extraordinaire

452 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2005 :  10:27:20 AM  Show Profile Send pugsweater a Private Message
val, it took a super long time for me to receive mine too. at the time of subsription, it was said i'll get mine when and when but one month after that date, it is still not here. email replies were slow AND THEN they told me to give it six weeks. After a few more hoohahs, the fall issue finally arrived and guess what, i had also receive my winter issue a few days ago! :) And i had they same thought - that i'll get mine from Borders instead! Overall CS was not that great but give it a little more time? Mail services seems to be a little slower recently. I haven't receive a mail from a friend she sent out three weeks ago and she lives in the same state! Weird...

Pugknits Blog
Go to Top of Page

The Irish Ewe
Permanent Resident

USA
1052 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2005 :  2:00:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit The Irish Ewe's Homepage Send The Irish Ewe a Private Message
Sucks when Borders gets the new issues, but yarn shops get to wait another week or two before getting thiers!

Now I can't wait to see these socks though :)

The Irish Ewe
Norway, Maine
http://www.TheIrishEwe.com
Go to Top of Page

pjkite
Permanent Resident

1198 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  07:53:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit pjkite's Homepage  Send pjkite a Yahoo! Message Send pjkite a Private Message
The socks are nice - for those who don't have their mags yet, they're basic Fair Isle patterns in natural colors, with the background colors changed so as to form stripes. Melinda, I recognized most of the patterns and think they're all available in reference books - I spotted several in a fast thumb-through of 1000 Great Knitting Motifs (Luise Roberts, ISBN 1570762597) last night before bed. If you don't have the book, maybe the library can get it for you? Or you could just get one each of the various natural colors of Shetland, a book of fair isle patterns, and make up your own socks!

Pamela Kite
East Tennessee
http://fiberlife.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Valk_scot
Permanent Resident

United Kingdom
1281 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  11:03:10 AM  Show Profile Send Valk_scot a Private Message
Well, my Winter 2005 Spin-Off arrived today! So either complaining relentlessly to their customer service department has paid off, or someone is giving me a smack on the hand for moaning.....

Val.

[img]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/26/26_9_21.gif[/img]
Go to Top of Page

purlwise
Chatty Knitter

259 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  8:36:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit purlwise's Homepage Send purlwise a Private Message
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for all the replies. Sorry to hear about the subscription troubles. My LYS usually gets their copies way before Borders.

I emailed the president of NASSA and got the following email. I'll post any information that I receive.

Hi Melinda,

Thank you for your note about the Spin Off ad. I have forwarded your message to our Advertising Chair, Maureen Koch, for answers to your questions. She will be in touch with you very quickly.

Happy knitting!
Shannon Fletcher
NASSA President

Regards,
Melinda
www.purlwise.com
Go to Top of Page

purlwise
Chatty Knitter

259 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  8:37:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit purlwise's Homepage Send purlwise a Private Message
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for all the replies. Sorry to hear about the subscription troubles. My LYS usually gets their copies way before Borders.

I emailed the president of NASSA and got the following email. I'll post any information that I receive.

Hi Melinda,

Thank you for your note about the Spin Off ad. I have forwarded your message to our Advertising Chair, Maureen Koch, for answers to your questions. She will be in touch with you very quickly.

Happy knitting!
Shannon Fletcher
NASSA President

Regards,
Melinda
www.purlwise.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page