Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 What Should I Make with It?
 250 to 500 Yards
 4 skeins of Silk Garden
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

celia
Permanent Resident

Australia
2454 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2005 :  10:20:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit celia's Homepage Send celia a Private Message
I have 4 skeins in the same colourway and was wondering what I can make with it. If I make a garment or part of a garment with it, I'd like the stripes to be vertical. any ideas?

celia

Read my blog, or buy my handmade stuff. Also destashing here.

diana.enky
Permanent Resident

Australia
1092 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2005 :  05:19:16 AM  Show Profile Send diana.enky a Private Message
Hi Celia,

Not too many choices with only 4 skeins apart from the usual scarf/ hat etc.
You could make a scarf knitted longways - maybe with some nice eyelets in it - if you want 'vertival' stripes as such.
Make a narrower version of Clapotis. I made a lacey scarf out of 2 balls of SG from Weekend Knitting.

Or you could design a loosely knitted vest pattern that is knit from side to side (but 4 skeins would not really be enough) 6 at a pinch I guess ... or you could knit a nice V-neck vest using just the silk garden for the front and trim and a plain yarn for the back in a co-ordinating colour.

Diana

2005 stats: 3 WIP, 18 FO, 2 Frogged
Go to Top of Page

knittingkeri
Chatty Knitter

197 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2005 :  4:40:53 PM  Show Profile Send knittingkeri a Private Message
You could knit a fitted sweater in either a neutral or the main color, and do the sleeves sideways(using short row shaping and increases and decreases right next to one edge to fit in the shoulder), and you might still have enough to trim around the edges and neck. The same principle would look great on the lapels and cuffs of a jacket-either knitted, or one from the thrif store: knit up the trim for the lapel, cuffs, and waist belt- if it has one, and hand stitch them on
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe