Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Worst Project Nightmare
 Hanne Falkenberg Design....
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Mimi1007
New Pal

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2006 :  5:13:37 PM  Show Profile Send Mimi1007 a Private Message
How do you knit an I-cord after the fact? Do you sew it on?
Go to Top of Page

Mimi1007
New Pal

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2006 :  5:15:32 PM  Show Profile Send Mimi1007 a Private Message
I don't kbow how to attach an I-cord after the fact. Do you sew it on where the provisional cast-on was?
Go to Top of Page

KathyR
Permanent Resident

New Zealand
2969 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2006 :  2:43:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit KathyR's Homepage Send KathyR a Private Message
Attached I-cord is one of those things which are probably harder to explain than to actually do! But let me try - pick up the stitches of your provisional cast on (a circ is probably better to do this). Slide these stitches down so the first stitch is near the end which you will start working from. With a dpn cast on 4 stitches for the I-cord. Knit across these (with another dpn) to the last stitch and knit this last stitch together with the first stitch on your circ. Pulling the yarn behind the I-cord (just as when working a normal I-cord) knit the stitches of the cord until the last stitch and knit this together with the next stitch on the circ. Repeat until all the stitches on the circ have been worked. Cast off the four I-cord stitches.

I know it sounds complicated but it really isn't when you try it! I would suggest doing a small sample and trying this method first before tackling your Mermaid! Just remember that if you use this method you do not need to do this at the very beginning. It will be easier to do it after you have knitted several inches of Mermaid - if not at the very end! Happy knitting!

KathyR
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.62 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?