Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Shop Talk
 Yarn Stores Around the Globe
 Cleveland LYS recommend
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Punctuatedknitter
Seriously Hooked

819 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2005 :  9:49:38 PM  Show Profile Send Punctuatedknitter a Private Message
My sister, who lives in Shaker Heights, has offered to take me to the yarn store when I visit for Christmas. So, where I should we go?
Thanks!

wittyknits
Chatty Knitter

109 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2005 :  08:55:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit wittyknits's Homepage Send wittyknits a Private Message
I live in Columbus, but one of my favorite yarn shops is in the Larchmere section of Shaker Heights. It's called Fine Points and it's in a 2 story Victorian house on Larchmere Blvd. They do great sales and have a huge amount of yarn -- they only keep a ball or two of each color out, then you go up to the desk and they look up how much they have and you tell them how many balls you need.

--
wittyknits.blogspot.com
Because a witty knit beats a nitwit any day!
Go to Top of Page

madams716
Chatty Knitter

USA
206 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2005 :  10:57:35 AM  Show Profile Send madams716 a Private Message
If your sister is up to a 30 mile drive, my favorite store is Birds Of A Feather in Avon, Ohio. They have a huge selection of yarn. I've also been to Fine Points (it's not as convenient for me, so I don't go there often), and like WittyKnits says, they do have a nice selection of yarn as well. I like the atmostphere at Birds better, but have never had a bad experience at Fine Points.

Mary
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?