Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Started your holiday projects yet?
 New-years resolution,
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jaymeKnits
Permanent Resident

USA
1350 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  1:38:57 PM  Show Profile  Send jaymeKnits a Yahoo! Message Send jaymeKnits a Private Message
Last year I spent a lot of time on a lot of crocheted and knit gifts and got burned out on knitting for others. As a result I spent 99% of my knitting time between January and October knitting for myself. November came and I realized I wanted to give knitted gifts so I'm frantically trying to get them all done in time.

So for next year here is my resolution: For every item I finish for myself I will finish an item for someone else. Others includes family, friends, and charities such as Dulaan. Hopefully I can get enough done that I don't have to knit so fiendishly next December.

Jayme

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  1:43:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
My NYR is to not start any large projects until all my current WIPS are done. I can start things smaller than socks (to prevent burn out and give me the illusion of freedom) but nothing bigger than that until the obscene amount I have sitting in the UFO pile is whittled down!

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

Lissa
Permanent Resident

USA
4942 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  2:08:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lissa's Homepage Send Lissa a Private Message
You're a kind and generous soul, J. My resolution is to still be breathing by 1/1/07.

Lissa

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a
revolutionary act. -- George Orwell

Oh, and I now have a blog:http://knittnlissa.typepad.com/knittnlissa/
Go to Top of Page

AngieSue
Permanent Resident

USA
1606 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  2:46:40 PM  Show Profile Send AngieSue a Private Message
My knitting NYR is to make something for myself. I started knitting in September and all of my projects will be Christmas gifts for my family.

My first project of the year (well, after I make a cabled scarf for our office secretary) will be a felted bag to hold my knitting supplies. I've been carrying my WIP in an old icky tote. I made a multidirectional scarf in Manos but I'm not very happy with scarf so it's getting frogged and felted into the Meema's Marsupial bag that's in Scarf Style....or maybe, the French Farmer bag from Knitty.
Go to Top of Page

Pookie
Chatty Knitter

255 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2005 :  2:47:22 PM  Show Profile Send Pookie a Private Message
Jayme, as the knitting coordinator for Dulaan, I made a similar resolution: I was going to knit one, and only one, item a month for Dulaan and then I would balance that out by knitting for friends and family. That way I would have 11 items knit for Dulaan by the July 1 deadline but still have time to knit for others. The Result? It's only December and I've knit 15 things for Dulaan and nothing for anyone else! Help! I can't stop!!

Ryan
http://www.nwkniterati.com/movabletype/mossycottage/
Go to Top of Page

jaymeKnits
Permanent Resident

USA
1350 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2005 :  06:51:19 AM  Show Profile  Send jaymeKnits a Yahoo! Message Send jaymeKnits a Private Message
Ryan,

I've accidentally done something similar too. I don't swatch for small things like hats or gloves and most of the time if they don't fit they turn out too small rather than too big. Instead of frogging them I send them off to Dulaan. I think I've accidentally knit more things for Dulaan than I have on purpose.

Jayme
Go to Top of Page

Chayah
Permanent Resident

1927 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2005 :  4:39:57 PM  Show Profile Send Chayah a Private Message
Mine is to start my Dulaan knitting after New Year's and have twelve hats done by July, I love the cloud hats.
Warmly, Chayah
Go to Top of Page

dragonridermom
Warming Up

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2005 :  7:34:27 PM  Show Profile Send dragonridermom a Private Message
This year I didn't knit any of my Christmas gifts. I can't tell you how that helped reduce my stress levels. But I did miss the positive aspects of giving hand made gifts. So this year I am going to work on small gifts during the year. Hopefully I can start a few from my stash. I like the idea of charity knitting too. I knit to preemie hats the first week in December and they were lots of fun. Maybe I will make 12 chemo hats by October (Breast Cancer Awareness Month)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.72 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe