Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting on the Web
 Blog Talk
 How do you sell patterns from your blog?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

laura_parent@yahoo.com

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  11:39:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit laura_parent@yahoo.com's Homepage Send laura_parent@yahoo.com a Private Message
I have a typepad blog, and I was wondering how to set it up to sell patterns from my blog like Chicknits and Knit and Tonic. Anyone know?

Thanks!

Laura

Scooter Knits
http://scooterknits.typepad.com/

Tangled Jane
Seriously Hooked

Canada
750 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  2:38:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tangled Jane's Homepage Send Tangled Jane a Private Message
I haven't started selling yet but I plan to download them through PDF. I understand Cute has a free PDF program that works well. I use CUTE for my blog and it's effective.

Jane

http://www.janethornley.com/journal_knitters.php

Jane Thornley
Go to Top of Page

Sorka
Gabber Extraordinaire

486 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  10:16:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sorka's Homepage  Send Sorka a Yahoo! Message Send Sorka a Private Message
I just signed up with Payloadz. It seems to be pretty decent!I will email you info!

Denise
I've moved to KnitChat.com
come on over!
Go to Top of Page

laura_parent@yahoo.com

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  10:53:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit laura_parent@yahoo.com's Homepage Send laura_parent@yahoo.com a Private Message
Thanks, Denise, I'll look for your email.

I'm familiar with Cute PDF and it works well. Typepad doesn't seem to have a place for me to store my PDF files, though. Maybe I need to upgrade.

Laura

Scooter Knits
Go to Top of Page

teruterubouzu
Warming Up

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2005 :  07:34:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit teruterubouzu's Homepage Send teruterubouzu a Private Message
Laura - can you upload them using the file manager (in the control panel)? My concern would be bandwidth. You might be better off getting some cheap web space elseswhere, just for hosting your PDF files.

Amy
http://teruterubouzu.typepad.com/andknitting/
Go to Top of Page

yivich
Chatty Knitter

246 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2005 :  09:42:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit yivich's Homepage Send yivich a Private Message
Another alternative is to submit your pattern to websites that do the PDF, layout, shopping cart, and everything else for you. I, of course, will suggest that you submit to my site, www.chiagu.com, which caters to more advanced knitters by offering a place to look for challenging, unusual patterns. If your pattern fits this genre, I'd be happy to see your submission! Email it to submissions@chiagu.com if you're interested.

There are other sites on the net that provide this service, too. If you google you can probably find other places to submit to.

Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

knit_cookie
Gabber Extraordinaire

388 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2005 :  2:39:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit knit_cookie's Homepage Send knit_cookie a Private Message
How much does it cost to use Payloadz? Right now I only have one pattern, so I am using a PayPal merchant tool that is free, but I have to email the pdf files to those who purchase the pattern.

Go to Top of Page

Sorka
Gabber Extraordinaire

486 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  11:07:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sorka's Homepage  Send Sorka a Yahoo! Message Send Sorka a Private Message
Payloadz is free till you hit $100. a month for sales. Then you have some options you can do a % per sale or a set price per month.
What are you using from pay pal?
If I can do it free I will.. will they automatically send a pdf link? Also my hubby is working on programming something up for this exact issue. So I might have another solution soon!

Denise
I've moved to KnitChat.com
come on over!
Go to Top of Page

knit_cookie
Gabber Extraordinaire

388 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2005 :  4:17:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit knit_cookie's Homepage Send knit_cookie a Private Message
Payloadz sounds like it might be a better bet than Paypal. The merchant tool I use is just a link I put on my site that directs them to pay via PayPal's site. Then Paypal sends me an email indicating payment received, and I send them the pdf file. It would be nice to use something that will automatically send the pdf file for me, but I don't want to put the pdf file somewhere that anyone can access it. If you want to see how the paypal thing works, I have it on my blog which is in my profile.

For now I will probably stick with the PayPal tool because it is free, and I seem to get spikes of traffic, so that either I get over $100 in a month, or nowhere near it.

Go to Top of Page

laura_parent@yahoo.com

Posted - 12/13/2005 :  11:48:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit laura_parent@yahoo.com's Homepage Send laura_parent@yahoo.com a Private Message
The Paypal tool sounds good, but I don't want to have to check my email constantly.

Vivich: I love your site and will definitely keep it in mind. As soon as I get a decent picture the pattern will be ready to go! I live in Wisconsin so we don't have a lot of daylight this time of year, and my camera doesn't like the dim light.

Laura

Scooter Knits
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by