Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Shop Talk
 Yarn Stores Around the Globe
 PO'd at Knit Picks
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

phlame
Permanent Resident

USA
1559 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  6:16:34 PM  Show Profile Send phlame a Private Message
I ordered $1.99 sock pattern and asked that they send it first class mail rather than pay the $3.25 shipping cost. I assumed they would stick it in a #10 envelope and send it for $0.37 or at most $0.74. It was at most...2 pages. No...they put it in a 8.5 x 11 tyvek envelope with a thick piece of cardboard and sent it first class...and charged me $3.35... but with no amount showing so you couldn't tell how much it cost to mail it. I hate to be taken advantage of. I'm still fuming. They actually could download all their patterns and save us all time and money!
What do ya'all think?

Shirley Ryan, living in Dana Point, CA

...and dance like no one is watching!

trekcelt
Seriously Hooked

USA
849 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  7:36:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit trekcelt's Homepage Send trekcelt a Private Message
I would have called them to request the First Class shipping. JMHO.

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

trek's blog FO: 38, WIP: 4

"As for me and my house..."
Go to Top of Page

mokey
Permanent Resident

15375 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  7:53:56 PM  Show Profile Send mokey a Private Message
Did you ask them BEFORE ordering? I've found it common enough for patterns to ship with cardboard, because people complain if they are damaged from being in just a regular envelope.

"An injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere." Martin Luther King Jr.
www.femiknits.blog-city.com
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  8:08:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
Well. You said you asked them to send it first class.

And they sent it first class.

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

GFTC
Permanent Resident

USA
6331 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  8:57:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit GFTC's Homepage Send GFTC a Private Message
You should always check around for codes for free shipping from Knitpicks even under $30. Look in your knitting magazines for the Knitpicks ads and find the code or come on KR and ask if anyone knows the code.

We had a thread on whether giving out the code is legit and the consensus was yes because the code is printed in the ads.

GFTC of NYC
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?