Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting on the Web
 Online Shops - Questions and Favorites
 If you shop online with eBay--Beware!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

KL
Permanent Resident

6041 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  08:42:57 AM  Show Profile Send KL a Private Message
I have gotten them also from e-bay and various others including Washington Mutual Bank. I hand walked in a copy of the e-mail from WM. They said that they were very appreciative and were aware of the situation. The copies were forwarded to their fraud dept.
I get so mad when I get these and it just convinces me further that I don't want to buy anything on-line-ever.
It's hard enought keeping your info private in day-to- day living without having to do it on the net also.KL
Go to Top of Page

Monkachia
Permanent Resident

USA
1224 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  11:34:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Monkachia's Homepage Send Monkachia a Private Message
I've gotten those a few times and always report them to the real company. Thank you for the reminder Barbara.
Chia
Go to Top of Page

SnowPurls
New Pal

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  01:16:36 AM  Show Profile Send SnowPurls a Private Message
I got a few emails from something like ebay after I just signed up for it. It kept telling me about my PAYPAL account which I don't have. I did click on the link at the frist time, because I didn't know what they were talking about. I'm a lazy person. They wanted me to do much, so in the end, they got nothing. After a few emails, they stopped. My husband set the fire wall and anti-spyware so good that now I have to call my bank often to reset my online banking (belive it or not online banking and pay by credit card at supermarkets are safter than writing checks). I guess if my bank just want what they need to do their job, it would not be a problem. I like my privacy. I don't let the bank send me any notices by email, nor I response to them. I only response to letters by mail. Now, most banks rather have you call them than they call you. And I prefer that way, too. I don't read any email from the sender I don't know. I usually do report and block on my email account.

I found it funny that so many people concern about my finance, sex life and my weight, of course, my career and education, too. They make me feel that I'm very important.
Snow
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.