Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Shawls and Scarves
 Blue Sky Sunset Shawl Finished
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ArizonaYarnObsession
Warming Up

60 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2005 :  07:42:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit ArizonaYarnObsession's Homepage Send ArizonaYarnObsession a Private Message
This is my most favorite shawl that I have made so far. The Blue Sky Alpaca is very very soft. Also it is an easy quick knit, although working back and forth from very bulky to sportweight was interesting. I loved out it turned out if anyone wants to take a look!

http://arizonayarnobsession.blogspot.com/2005/12/blue-sky-sunset-shawl-finished.html

Lisa in Arizona

Please Visit My New Knitting Blog!!
http://arizonayarnobsession.blogspot.com/

CJknits2much
Chatty Knitter

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2005 :  07:48:47 AM  Show Profile Send CJknits2much a Private Message
Lisa, your shawl is beautiful. Just perfect for Arizona, I bet! And thanks for the words of advice about the pattern, if any of us make it.

CJ
Go to Top of Page

Trina
Permanent Resident

USA
1871 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2005 :  07:50:26 AM  Show Profile Send Trina a Private Message
Lisa, your shawl is lovely. I just bought some Lornas Laces that looks alot like those colors. Where did you get the pattern? Great job!

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.
-Langston Hughes
Go to Top of Page

WendyB
Permanent Resident

3262 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2005 :  11:02:02 AM  Show Profile Send WendyB a Private Message
Excellent, Lisa! To echo the words above, it's just beautiful. I love the vibrant colors.

WendyB
Knit to your heart's delight.
Go to Top of Page

ArizonaYarnObsession
Warming Up

60 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2005 :  11:12:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit ArizonaYarnObsession's Homepage Send ArizonaYarnObsession a Private Message
Thank you!! I love it too and it is so fun to wear and so warm and soft. I got the pattern and the yarn from http://www.kpixie.com. They have good prices and great service. When you first sign up on their site, they give you a 10% discount too. I was glad I did a search first on blog search to see if I could find anyone else who had made it. I did find a few posts and they also pointed out about the blocking. Otherwise I would have hated it when I took it off the needles. The blocking made a huge difference and the pattern gives very specific directions about how to do it and I just followed those. Thanks again!!

Lisa in Arizona

Go to Top of Page

ArizonaYarnObsession
Warming Up

60 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2005 :  11:15:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit ArizonaYarnObsession's Homepage Send ArizonaYarnObsession a Private Message
Oh Trina, PS. I love Lorna Laces yarn. I think I will use that for my next project. Some of the Lion and Lamb. Which one are you using?? Right now I am making a scarf with ArtYarns yarn and that is going great. Plus I have one more shawl in the works with a beautiful variegated cotton in greens!! Then I want to focus on really learning how to make tops and sweaters!

Lisa in Arizona

Go to Top of Page

herbandteas
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2005 :  3:36:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit herbandteas's Homepage Send herbandteas a Private Message
Lisa
Those colors are so beautiful together. I bet you will be getting lots of comments on it when you where it out and about. It must be cold in the part of AZ you live in.

Helaine in Olalla, Wa
Go to Top of Page

Trina
Permanent Resident

USA
1871 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2005 :  07:59:20 AM  Show Profile Send Trina a Private Message
Lisa, I haven't started any project with LL's yet. I don't know what I'll make with it yet, but it will probably be a shawl/scarf. Any suggestions?

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
-Langston Hughes
Go to Top of Page

momo526
Warming Up

70 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2005 :  6:13:25 PM  Show Profile Send momo526 a Private Message
Where did you say you got the pattern for this shawl? I have looked throught kpixie sight and can not find it. I LOVE this shawl and your choice of color is dazzling. It took my breath away and I have looked at it several times just today. I would love to make it but just can not find the pattern.
Thank you.

Michaelene
Go to Top of Page

Trina
Permanent Resident

USA
1871 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2005 :  8:28:30 PM  Show Profile Send Trina a Private Message
momo526, the pattern is sold separately, but it's a kit called sunset shawl. I had to look around for a bit to find it.

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
-Langston Hughes
Go to Top of Page

momo526
Warming Up

70 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2005 :  11:00:55 PM  Show Profile Send momo526 a Private Message
Thank you, thank you, thank you Trina. I found it. I can't wait to order it(But actually will have to wait till after Christmas.)

Michaelene
Go to Top of Page

ArizonaYarnObsession
Warming Up

60 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2005 :  11:01:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit ArizonaYarnObsession's Homepage Send ArizonaYarnObsession a Private Message
Hi, The pattern is definitely on the kpixie.com site. Look under Yarn, then look under Blue Sky Alpacas and then under Patterns. They have it listed there. It is NOT under their separate knitting patterns. They have a kit where you can buy other colors (gray, white I think) and I used the recommended colors in the pattern. Thanks for the compliments.

Trina, Hmmm, I was just looking at all the Lorna Laces too. They are beautiful aren't they? I have made three shawls (working on the third now) and I think I am going to graduate next to make some tops. There are a ton of great shawl patterns out there. I am making one now that is very easy called The Ladder Shawl. I am using a variegated, hand-painted cotton called Patagonia. I think this same shawl would look beautiful with Lion and Lamb and it is an easy knit. I got the pattern at my LYS but they have it on line at onefineyarn.com as well. And probably other places. I also LOVE the artyarns supermerino that I am knitting with now. I joined a yahoo list called modular knitting and my next shawl will probably be one of the modular knitting shawls because the patterns are fun. If you join the yahoo list, you get a free pattern. Maybe Trina, you could use your LL for that? It is a modular triangle scarf. Mine is coming out great! If you are interested in that just go to www.yahoogroups.com and look for the modular knitting list and sign up. Or read more about it www.artyarns.com. It is fun and the techniques are great with these handpainted yarns. kpixe.com also carries artyarns and their prices are great.

Lisa in Arizona

Go to Top of Page

momo526
Warming Up

70 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2005 :  11:02:11 PM  Show Profile Send momo526 a Private Message
Thank you, thank you, thank you Trina. I found it. I can't wait to order it(But actually will have to wait till after Christmas.)

Michaelene
Go to Top of Page

ArizonaYarnObsession
Warming Up

60 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2005 :  11:03:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit ArizonaYarnObsession's Homepage Send ArizonaYarnObsession a Private Message
Also Michaelene, if you need more help let me know. I am glad you liked it so much!!

Lisa in Arizona

Go to Top of Page

momo526
Warming Up

70 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2005 :  11:22:24 PM  Show Profile Send momo526 a Private Message
Don't you just love the internet, Here I am, posting in Ohio and 2 minutes later, you can answer me from Arizona.lol Thanks, I am sure I will be calling on you for help.

Michaelene
Go to Top of Page

Trina
Permanent Resident

USA
1871 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2005 :  08:13:27 AM  Show Profile Send Trina a Private Message
Lisa, I am definately addicted to Lornas Laces. I just love the colors & the feel is super soft. I'd love to find a pattern for the 3 skeins with the colorway like your sunset shawl. I may have to grab that pattern myself.

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
-Langston Hughes

Trina in AZ
Go to Top of Page

Trina
Permanent Resident

USA
1871 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2005 :  08:30:50 AM  Show Profile Send Trina a Private Message
PS-Lisa, my sister just ordered the shawl pattern for me as a Christmas present. Woo-Hoo!!!

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
-Langston Hughes

Trina in AZ
Go to Top of Page

ArizonaYarnObsession
Warming Up

60 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2005 :  12:32:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit ArizonaYarnObsession's Homepage Send ArizonaYarnObsession a Private Message
Trina, that is great!! Post photos when you get it, ok? Where in Arizona are you by the way? I live in Scottsdale. And I love the cool weather this time of year, I really do!!
And, Michaelene, isn't that funny, we were posting at the same time.

A few hints on this shawl, it is a bit awkward going back and forth from the very bulky yarn to the sportsweight. I was always worried I was doing it wrong but it came out fine. Also there were a lot of ends to weave in at the end but it worked out beautifully. Just follow the directions exactly and don't be surprised if it looks totally different. AFTER you block it, you will be very happy with it. It is beautiful! My sister is thinking of making it in all cream or natural color which I also think would be beautiful!

Lisa in Arizona

Go to Top of Page

Trina
Permanent Resident

USA
1871 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2005 :  9:26:08 PM  Show Profile Send Trina a Private Message
Lisa, I am in Casa Grande. I can't wait for my pattern- kpixie says it went out today. What stitches are used in this pattern?

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
-Langston Hughes

Trina in AZ
Go to Top of Page

ArizonaYarnObsession
Warming Up

60 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  12:49:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit ArizonaYarnObsession's Homepage Send ArizonaYarnObsession a Private Message
Trina,
The bulky yarn is just a knit stitch. Then the lighter sport weight yarn is knit in seed stitch. It is an easy pattern really although for some reason it was awkward at times to knit, I think because of the different yarn weights. Did you get the yarn as well?? The Blue Sky alpaca yarn is very very soft. I really like it. I also bought some of the alpaca and silk to make a pattern called the opera scarf which I keep starting and stopping.

Lisa in Arizona

Go to Top of Page

Trina
Permanent Resident

USA
1871 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  1:11:49 PM  Show Profile Send Trina a Private Message
I have used Blue Sky Alpaca Bulky for a scarf when I lived in Seattle. I also have some Blue Sky silk & alpaca for the opera scarf which I still haven't made[crazy].Their yarn is wonderful! I only got the pattern- will have to find the right yarn for this. Just what I need- more yarn![:00]

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
-Langston Hughes

Trina in AZ
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.64 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.