Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A new whodunit about a true yarn whisperer
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting as Therapy
 Knitting through a child's death
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Kimberling
Warming Up

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  2:00:45 PM  Show Profile Send Kimberling a Private Message
I am so sorry to hear about your son! Thank you for sharing your story with us, I think your memory afghan sounds like a wonderful way to think about him and work on something to remember him during your grief. God bless you and your family.

Kimberling
Go to Top of Page

Kimberling
Warming Up

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  2:00:45 PM  Show Profile Send Kimberling a Private Message
I am so sorry to hear about your son! Thank you for sharing your story with us, I think your memory afghan sounds like a wonderful way to think about him and work on something to remember him during your grief. God bless you and your family.

Kimberling
Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  2:03:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
My thoughts are with you.

Amanda

"Is that my Not-Mine Sweater? Whoever gets that Not-Mine Sweater is very lucky."
Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  2:03:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
My thoughts are with you.

Amanda

"Is that my Not-Mine Sweater? Whoever gets that Not-Mine Sweater is very lucky."
Go to Top of Page

fiddlestix
Chatty Knitter

100 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  5:57:18 PM  Show Profile Send fiddlestix a Private Message
I appreciate your son's sacrifice for all Americans. You must be a brave woman. He was a true American Hero.
Go to Top of Page

fiddlestix
Chatty Knitter

100 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  5:57:18 PM  Show Profile Send fiddlestix a Private Message
I appreciate your son's sacrifice for all Americans. You must be a brave woman. He was a true American Hero.
Go to Top of Page

petitemorte
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
423 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  9:25:57 PM  Show Profile Send petitemorte a Private Message
I am so sorry for your loss,my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
As i have mentioned here before i got back into knitting when I was pregnant and after my baby was stillborn I kept on knitting to cope with my loss. I buried my baby in the blanket I knit for her.
I know how hard it can be to deal after you lose a child and my heart truly goes out to you. I don't know if you have heard this a million times before or even if it will help you any, but I like to think that I have my own special angel watching over me.
I'm really glad you were able to come here and just let a little of your pain out.Your son really was a hero.

Di,the cross country knitter

life is not measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away
Go to Top of Page

petitemorte
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
423 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  9:25:57 PM  Show Profile Send petitemorte a Private Message
I am so sorry for your loss,my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.
As i have mentioned here before i got back into knitting when I was pregnant and after my baby was stillborn I kept on knitting to cope with my loss. I buried my baby in the blanket I knit for her.
I know how hard it can be to deal after you lose a child and my heart truly goes out to you. I don't know if you have heard this a million times before or even if it will help you any, but I like to think that I have my own special angel watching over me.
I'm really glad you were able to come here and just let a little of your pain out.Your son really was a hero.

Di,the cross country knitter

life is not measured by the breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away
Go to Top of Page

kekokat
Seriously Hooked

USA
845 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  9:28:59 PM  Show Profile Send kekokat a Private Message
Peace be with you. xoxox kekokat
Go to Top of Page

kekokat
Seriously Hooked

USA
845 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  9:28:59 PM  Show Profile Send kekokat a Private Message
Peace be with you. xoxox kekokat
Go to Top of Page

knitabit33
Seriously Hooked

742 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2006 :  12:18:41 PM  Show Profile Send knitabit33 a Private Message
God bless you.

Karen
Go to Top of Page

knitabit33
Seriously Hooked

742 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2006 :  12:18:41 PM  Show Profile Send knitabit33 a Private Message
God bless you.

Karen
Go to Top of Page

Paris2005
Chatty Knitter

280 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2006 :  1:46:31 PM  Show Profile Send Paris2005 a Private Message
Your afghan is a true act of love. I am sure there was love knit into each and every stitch of that afghan. It is also good that you have it displayed with his medals. This will keep his memory alive and encourage others visiting your home to talk about him and to share stories. My sympathy to you and your family. May he rest in peace.
Go to Top of Page

Paris2005
Chatty Knitter

280 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2006 :  1:46:31 PM  Show Profile Send Paris2005 a Private Message
Your afghan is a true act of love. I am sure there was love knit into each and every stitch of that afghan. It is also good that you have it displayed with his medals. This will keep his memory alive and encourage others visiting your home to talk about him and to share stories. My sympathy to you and your family. May he rest in peace.
Go to Top of Page

KnitKnut
Permanent Resident

USA
1246 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  12:53:37 PM  Show Profile Send KnitKnut a Private Message
I'm in tears and my heart hurts for you. March 1 will be six years for us since our boy is gone, and it still hurts, although it's easier to bear now.
My sympathies to you and your family, my wish for peace in your hearts and the hearts of all parents who have lost children of any age in any circumstance.

Marie from NC
Go to Top of Page

KnitKnut
Permanent Resident

USA
1246 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  12:53:37 PM  Show Profile Send KnitKnut a Private Message
I'm in tears and my heart hurts for you. March 1 will be six years for us since our boy is gone, and it still hurts, although it's easier to bear now.
My sympathies to you and your family, my wish for peace in your hearts and the hearts of all parents who have lost children of any age in any circumstance.

Marie from NC
Go to Top of Page

thegabbyknitter
Warming Up

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2006 :  07:03:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit thegabbyknitter's Homepage Send thegabbyknitter a Private Message
So sorry for your loss. God bless.

Kelly
Go to Top of Page

thegabbyknitter
Warming Up

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2006 :  07:03:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit thegabbyknitter's Homepage Send thegabbyknitter a Private Message
So sorry for your loss. God bless.

Kelly
Go to Top of Page

StitchinGran
Warming Up

USA
56 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2006 :  09:53:45 AM  Show Profile Send StitchinGran a Private Message
I just wanted to add my prayers and sympathy. I have a son in Afghanistan right now. I have put him in God's hands and that is all we can do, but I can't imagine how it must hurt to have them taken away. I'm glad you have your knitting and many friends here who care.
Judy
Go to Top of Page

StitchinGran
Warming Up

USA
56 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2006 :  09:53:45 AM  Show Profile Send StitchinGran a Private Message
I just wanted to add my prayers and sympathy. I have a son in Afghanistan right now. I have put him in God's hands and that is all we can do, but I can't imagine how it must hurt to have them taken away. I'm glad you have your knitting and many friends here who care.
Judy
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.66 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.