Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Spinner Central
 Spinning Wheels
 wheels coming!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

caseymom
New Pal

29 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2005 :  6:53:15 PM  Show Profile Send caseymom a Private Message
Thanks to all of you for advice re: finding a lenrum dt (I had been on a waiting list for about 6 months for two wheels...one for me and in the interest of family harmony, one for my teenage daughter). After speaking with the shop owner one more time, who still did not have an order in last week, I began calling around the country as you guys suggested.
I found many places had a waiting list, but found a wheel in stock at Webs. Because I really wanted one here in time for my daughter's Christmas, I ordered one. It arrived in about 3 days!
Then....the day the wheel arrived, so did the message from the shop that the shipment was in! I went from zero to potentially three wheels in the matter of a few days....I have now got one coming from the shop, let one wheel form the shop shipment now go to someone else on the shop waiting list and have one in the closet from Webs....
Hope our spinning is not so convoluted. I am waiting until my daughter's school exams are over to let her have access to the wheel, but after that, if we can remember what we learned in our workshops, we will have a great holiday.

Thanks for all your suggestions on the previous thread...ML

MoonKnitter
Chatty Knitter

USA
247 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2005 :  07:18:53 AM  Show Profile Send MoonKnitter a Private Message
What a great Christmas suprise! I hope you and your daughter enjoy endless hours of spinning together -- what a wonderful thing to share with her.

Merry Christmas!
Go to Top of Page

jaymeKnits
Permanent Resident

USA
1350 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2005 :  07:27:51 AM  Show Profile  Send jaymeKnits a Yahoo! Message Send jaymeKnits a Private Message
So glad it worked out for you, enjoy!

Jaym
Go to Top of Page

spindyerella
Seriously Hooked

601 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2005 :  11:39:51 AM  Show Profile Send spindyerella a Private Message
Congratulations! My daughter got a Lendrum for Christmas a couple of years ago, and it was a mad dash to find one in stock!

I hope you and your daughter enjoy your wheels!
Go to Top of Page

azblueskies
Permanent Resident

2393 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2005 :  12:39:21 PM  Show Profile Send azblueskies a Private Message
My husband ordered a Lendrum dt from Webs last night and it shipped today! Like I've said in other posts, I hadn't even thought about spinning until he brought it up and now I'm very excited about it. I know absolutely nothing about it, but am having fun reading all the posts here and will have to look for a good book to tell me how the heck I do it. I can't wait to start!
Go to Top of Page

firymist
Chatty Knitter

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2005 :  6:05:05 PM  Show Profile Send firymist a Private Message
I hope yu enjoy your new wheel! A whole new world of fiber possibilities. Oh the rovings, the fleece, the top and the rolags! It's a slippery slope.
Jessica
Go to Top of Page

elsieh99
Warming Up

79 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  10:43:28 AM  Show Profile Send elsieh99 a Private Message
I just got my new Ledrum DT from Webs about 2 weeks ago and I love it. I also had to call around for a shop with one in stock and was lucky enough to find it at this shop. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do.
Go to Top of Page

azblueskies
Permanent Resident

2393 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  1:45:19 PM  Show Profile Send azblueskies a Private Message
I'm so excited about it I can't sleep...I dream of fiber...the possibilities. And I just started knitting last year about this time. And I blame it all on all of you! I'd never heard of stash before and spinning was something you did at the gym. I feel like a kid again.
Go to Top of Page

azblueskies
Permanent Resident

2393 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  07:24:50 AM  Show Profile Send azblueskies a Private Message
Caseymom and elsieh99 -- your Lendrum from Webs came complete, right?...I mean with bobbins and the lazy Kate (everything that's listed on other sites)?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe