Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting on the Web
 Online Shops - Questions and Favorites
 Troubles with Herrschners
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SpinDiva
Gabber Extraordinaire

552 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2005 :  4:14:59 PM  Show Profile Send SpinDiva a Private Message
Has anyone else found Herrschner's customer service (an oxymoron in their case)to be rude and unhelpful?

It's a long drawn out story - but I won an auction on their auction site, and as I was checking out, there was a button that you could hit if you wanted to buy other items from Herrschners. My assumption was that the other items would be included in the shipping of the original order.

Wrong Answer...

I got shipping notification that the two orders had been shipped separately, and that the second order (only 3 skeins of Lopi) had been shipped at $6.95. Now, had I known that the 3 skeins of Lopi would be shipped alone - AND that there was no value in adding to the original order - I never would have bought them - the 6.95 made them more than I needed to pay for Lopi.

Now I'm in the website business - so initially, I sweetly pointed out that an error had been made. They pointed out that it was not an error... I pointed out there their offer was misleading... they pointed out that I was S.O.L....(SH*% out of luck) and I pointed out that a small offer of compensation (i.e. a $6.95 store credit - costing them about $2) would have saved them a customer - and in this day and age - saving a customer was a much better idea than trying to get a new one...

Alas... Customer Service is a dying art...

Andrea [:((]

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2005 :  4:20:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
Did they say "SOL"??????

To be honest, while I do understand your point, and your feeling that you were "mislead" you admit yourself you made an assumption. I think that I would assume I would pay more for shipping if I added to the site, unless it stated "flat shipping rate" or something akin to that...

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

kimkrafty
Permanent Resident

USA
2145 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2005 :  8:21:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit kimkrafty's Homepage Send kimkrafty a Private Message
I have had bad experiences with Herrschners. They do have good deals sometimes but because of past issues, I no longe recommend them to anyone.

Kimberly, knitting in VA
http://kimberlyskorner.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

platys
Seriously Hooked

USA
719 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2005 :  08:59:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit platys's Homepage Send platys a Private Message
Herrschner's customer service emails are bad, bad, bad. I recently ordered from them, the first time since I moved. I thought I had changed the address on my account, but I had only managed to change the billing address. Once I figured that out (two weeks later), the package had already been shipped and returned. I emailed them asking if it was possible to reship.

They said they could, but damn, those emails were terse and unfriendly. It doesn't take much to pretty up a customer service email. It made me want to give them all a small class on how to communicate professionally via email.

It all turned out just fine, but damn, those emails...

Gail
http://www.knittergail.com
Go to Top of Page

carols
Permanent Resident

USA
1681 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  6:21:15 PM  Show Profile Send carols a Private Message
Their shipping is so slo--o-w - I think they have the boxes carried by turtles. Plus they have turned over their product line in the last few years and carry more novelty and less natural fiber stuff than they used to, so I don't buy much there anymore. In the past, I've gotten some steals from their yarn sales (douceur et soie at half price!!) but now it's mostly stuff I'm not keen on.
Carol S.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?