Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting on the Web
 Online Shops - Questions and Favorites
 Any new yarns coming from KnitPicks?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

orangina
Seriously Hooked

821 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2005 :  4:58:41 PM  Show Profile Send orangina a Private Message
Is anyone "in the know?"

I'm always interested to see their new varieties of yarn and wonder if there's anything new on the horizon....

thanks in advance

Lavender Stripes
Gabber Extraordinaire

417 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2005 :  6:08:57 PM  Show Profile Send Lavender Stripes a Private Message
I was just thinking about this too! Maybe for the new year?
Go to Top of Page

alliwenk
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
373 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2005 :  7:47:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit alliwenk's Homepage Send alliwenk a Private Message
I'd like to see some sport weight wool...something between WOTA and Palette. And a wider range of colors in Shadow and Essential.
Go to Top of Page

COgirl
Permanent Resident

USA
2176 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2005 :  11:37:37 PM  Show Profile Send COgirl a Private Message
How's about some heathery yarns?
Go to Top of Page

MMario
Permanent Resident

2210 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  08:06:05 AM  Show Profile Send MMario a Private Message
*sigh* I'd like to see them accept PayPal.

MMario - I don't live in the 21st century - but I play a character who does.
Go to Top of Page

HellaHelen
Chatty Knitter

USA
344 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  09:13:46 AM  Show Profile Send HellaHelen a Private Message
I'd personally like to see WOTA and Merino Style offered in a wide range of thicknesses, as is already practiced by many yarn makers (example: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, Chunky, Baby, Superchunky, etc.). And I'd love to see an all-purpose worsted-weight superwash wool--I prefer to use superwash for gifts & especially for baby stuff, since I hate the thought of friends felting my handknits by accident.

Helen
Go to Top of Page

orangina
Seriously Hooked

821 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  10:23:17 AM  Show Profile Send orangina a Private Message
My secret wish is that they come out with their own version of Rowan's Calmer yarn (a very nice cotton blend), but at a price real people can afford!
Go to Top of Page

Lobolita
Chatty Knitter

126 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  12:04:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lobolita's Homepage Send Lobolita a Private Message
Superwash! Superwash! Superwash! And maybe a braided-type wool or cotton yarn. Like Rowan Cork.

http://twowaters.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

maribelaprn
Permanent Resident

USA
2033 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  12:13:43 PM  Show Profile Send maribelaprn a Private Message
Ditto Lobolita....superwash!

A little birdy did drop a hint here that KP is working on some new yarns. Can't wait to see them!
Go to Top of Page

Busyhands
Permanent Resident

USA
1496 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  10:13:13 PM  Show Profile Send Busyhands a Private Message
I'll chime in in case anyone influential is reading...superwash! Superwash! Superwash! Please?

Lin, High Priestess of Liberal Color Usage
"Wearing cheerful, multicolored hats is a public service, easy to perform, and of incalculable value." - Anna Zilboorg
[IMG]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y69/Busyhands/elisaintunnel.jpg[/IMG]
Go to Top of Page

baldocchi
Chatty Knitter

198 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  12:22:36 PM  Show Profile Send baldocchi a Private Message
Me too! Superwash, superwash, superwash! Please.

If we don't get there together, we won't get there at all.
Go to Top of Page

quikeye
Chatty Knitter

111 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  1:26:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit quikeye's Homepage Send quikeye a Private Message
superwash SOCK YARN!!! :)

(if that wasn't what everyone was talking about already!)

I love hand dyed sock yarns, but can't commit to any that's not machine washable...
Go to Top of Page

chellethinques
Permanent Resident

USA
1431 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  8:00:24 PM  Show Profile Send chellethinques a Private Message
Superwash worsted, and a sock yarn that isn't stripey or solid - I like that hand-dyed monochromatic look. :)
Go to Top of Page

Sadierose
Warming Up

62 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  06:36:00 AM  Show Profile Send Sadierose a Private Message
If they offered as many colors in their Palette, Wota, and Merino Style lines as Brown Sheep does in their lines, they'd be serious competition. I can get Knitpicks in less than a week from the time I place an order, but I have to wait for months (sometimes) for a Brown Sheep order through my LYS. Yet there are times when I order Brown Sheep because they have a much wider color range.
Go to Top of Page

glccafar
Seriously Hooked

825 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  07:38:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit glccafar's Homepage Send glccafar a Private Message
Another vote for superwash here. That would be wonderful.
Go to Top of Page

tejer
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
410 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  08:57:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit tejer's Homepage Send tejer a Private Message
I'm hoping that they will add to the colors of wool of the andes and merino style. It would be great to see a marled or heathered yarn in either of them.

I agree that a superwash worsted or DK would be awesome!

My blog: http://kristijo.blogs.friendster.com/my_knitting_blog/
Go to Top of Page

Vicki129
Chatty Knitter

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  1:19:55 PM  Show Profile Send Vicki129 a Private Message
I'm not exactly an 'in the know' person but I do know when I tried to order color cards for my mom for Christmas, I couldn't get one for Ambrosia/Panache. The person who took my order said the yarn was still available but no cards until about April. Maybe they're expanding the colors offered for one or both? (I hope, I hope)

- Vicki, knitting and typing from sunny SoCal
Go to Top of Page

Stacey14
Permanent Resident

1120 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  06:46:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Stacey14's Homepage Send Stacey14 a Private Message
Superwash vote here too! (and more colors for the other lines....)

My Blog:On And Off the Needles
Go to Top of Page

LuvYarn
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
424 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  11:13:48 AM  Show Profile Send LuvYarn a Private Message
I add my vote (or whatever you want to call it) for more superwash and a sportweight WOTA.
Go to Top of Page

MMario
Permanent Resident

2210 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  11:25:35 AM  Show Profile Send MMario a Private Message
KnitPicks currently carries 33 lines (according to their ad, though two of the "lines" are just dye your own hanks of other ones) so call it 31 yarns.

Of those 31 yarns 7 are made on non-felting materials. 31-7 = 24 lines of yarn.

Of those 24 lines of yarn 4 of the lines are superwash or machine washable = or roughly 1/6th of their catalog.

MMario - I don't live in the 21st century - but I play a character who does.
Go to Top of Page

maribelaprn
Permanent Resident

USA
2033 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2005 :  06:23:53 AM  Show Profile Send maribelaprn a Private Message
The only machine wash yarns I saw on Knit Picks are Crayon (suitable for kids, but not for a shawl or a lap throw for a man), Shine/Shine Twist (not sure about using that for a shawl or lap throw), and the 4 sock yarns, none of which are suitable for a shawl or lap throw (OK, maybe Essential for a lace shawl in a dark colour).

What I'm looking for is a DK weight, a worsted weight, and what the heck...a bulky weight 100% superwash wool, so that I can make shawls and lap throws for the cancer centre since the hospital does prefer (strongly prefers!) machine washable shawls and throws.

Mari

WIP: Nashua Knitworks Wrap

My blog: http://maribelaprn.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.89 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth