Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 What if you won a knitting lottery?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

azknitter
Honorary Angel

5539 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  5:40:15 PM  Show Profile Send azknitter a Private Message
Quiviut!!!......$500.00 ought to buy an ounce or two!?!?

Trish
Go to Top of Page

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4168 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  5:50:27 PM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message
Hmmm. I'd either buy enough cashmere to make a full size throw (not sure if $500 would cover it!) or else lots and lots of Mountain colors (Bearfoot and Merino Ribbon) and Fleece Artist (anything).

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ScubaQueen
Seriously Hooked

USA
883 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  6:19:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit ScubaQueen's Homepage Send ScubaQueen a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by adalton124

Also I would have to try some addis. Haven't plunked down any cash for those yet.

Even without the lottery...I must STRONGLY suggest you get some turbo addis. I just LOVE mine...all of them! So far...I love them the most when knitting with DB Cashmerino Aran yarn with the 8, 10 or 11 addis. Heaven!!

Wendy

Somewhere in Texas there's a village missing its idiot!
... My Knitting Blog.... My Other Nonsense
Go to Top of Page

glccafar
Seriously Hooked

825 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  7:23:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit glccafar's Homepage Send glccafar a Private Message
Yarn for that lovely alpaca throw in last minute knitted gifts (around $300) and $100 worth of cashmere from two pointy sticks, and Stillwater by Starmore.
Go to Top of Page

SpinaYarn
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
492 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  8:01:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit SpinaYarn's Homepage Send SpinaYarn a Private Message
Definately addi turbos.. what ever it takes to complete my "set"

and then with any 'leftover' mad money, I'd get all the sock yarn I could lay my hands on! (can you tell I'm a new sock-a-holic!)

knit with joy-
Teyani

www.http://intrepidfiberwizard.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

calicokitty6
Seriously Hooked

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  9:09:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit calicokitty6's Homepage Send calicokitty6 a Private Message
I would get the addis because I have not bought any yet. Also some cashmere. If there is anything left over, I would pick up some custom-made buttons from a friend. She makes them in polymer clay or warm glass and they are gorgeous.

=^..^= Debbie http://calicokitty6.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Gina70
Chatty Knitter

114 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  07:27:19 AM  Show Profile Send Gina70 a Private Message
What a great questions. I could spend it all ina couple hours at my LYS. I'd buy some Alchemy yarn, merino/silk blend that I have had my eye on. Lobster Pot cashmere for scarves, maybe Koigu for socks and with whatever is left I'd replace any of my metal and plastic needles with wood.

That was fun!
Go to Top of Page

Kipster
Seriously Hooked

740 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  07:50:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kipster's Homepage Send Kipster a Private Message
Actually, I was given, as a retirement gift, a gift certificate of a goodly sum to a LYS. And I'm having a tough time deciding. I first thought, cashmere and koigu for several projects. But now, I'm thinking that I should have only one project in mind and use the gift certificate for that. I'm having lots of fun thinking about this!
Go to Top of Page

calicokitty6
Seriously Hooked

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  09:08:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit calicokitty6's Homepage Send calicokitty6 a Private Message
Kipster, Happy retirement. I know you will find something wonderful to use that gift certificate on.

=^..^= Debbie http://calicokitty6.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mermaid Knits
Permanent Resident

USA
1129 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  09:12:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mermaid Knits's Homepage Send Mermaid Knits a Private Message
Kipster;
Congrats on making it! And what a lovely parting gift! I would blow it on one batch to make something for yourself. That way whenevcer you use the item you will think fondly of your past cowokers and job, etc.
All the best!
Arctic-mermaid
Go to Top of Page

sparkleplenty
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
484 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  12:00:10 PM  Show Profile Send sparkleplenty a Private Message
Ooh...$500 guilt free money. My mind is racing with possibilities. Do I buy every lace pattern/book known to knitter-kind, and some cones of zephyr? Do I buy all the Araucania Nature Wool and Manos I can get my hands on? Oh, I could buy lovely yarn to knit sweaters and throws with. I can just see the yarn and knitting supplies in a pile all around me. Wahoo!

sparkleplenty

http://sarah.teamradicus.com/art.htm
-------------------
If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.
~Mahatma Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Sticks and String
Permanent Resident

USA
1113 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2005 :  6:41:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sticks and String's Homepage Send Sticks and String a Private Message
Oh! I so want my own sheeps! Just two lil sheeps. 1 white and 1 not white. And a wheel to spin the sheeps gifties! And...oh wait...you said $500. I'm done, huh?

Jo

"If you love not the noise of bells, why then do you pull the ropes?"
Go to Top of Page

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3291 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  8:20:41 PM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message
Hi,

I'd buy a heap of Angora and maybe some really nice wooden needles.

Also I wouldn't need 2 weeks, I could probably spend it in 2 minutes.

Knit in peace and harmony.

Rose in Melbourne, Australia
Go to Top of Page

Knitrageous
Permanent Resident

USA
1445 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  8:55:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knitrageous's Homepage Send Knitrageous a Private Message
I'd get a Colinette something or other. Then Addi needles in every size until I ran out.

~~~~Jamye
Go to Top of Page

rainyrivergirl
Chatty Knitter

Canada
212 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  12:18:21 PM  Show Profile Send rainyrivergirl a Private Message
No hesistation here. I would love to own the entire size range of Addi Turbo circulars..I never understood the fuss until last month I bought my first one..lovely!!
Go to Top of Page

letti
Chatty Knitter

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  6:25:19 PM  Show Profile Send letti a Private Message
I would have my husband build me a cedar chest.

Letti
Go to Top of Page

Lis S
Chatty Knitter

219 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  09:00:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lis S's Homepage  Send Lis S a Yahoo! Message Send Lis S a Private Message
I'd head straight to Sewickley Yarns Unlimited and buy all they had in Blue Sky Alpaca. I'd make the herringbone poncho from Last Minute Knitted Gifts.and then I'd decide what else to do from there. I'd also invest in more Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn. I'd buy whatever remaining sizes of Addis that I need, and I'd be good to go.

A

http://lisknits.typepad.com/the_world_of_lis/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.75 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by