Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting as Therapy
 I DO NOT spend all day here!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ScubaQueen
Seriously Hooked

USA
883 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  5:27:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit ScubaQueen's Homepage Send ScubaQueen a Private Message
[:00] LMAO...who am I kidding...SURE I DO! Well ok...not all day...but I work from home so it's easy for me to pop in and see what's going on. For those concerned that I'm stealing time from my employer...I'm salaried...which means I get paid for getting my job done NOT the individual hour of work. I work MANY weekends and evenings (without extra pay...again..SALARIED) so I don't even have a twinge of guilt about popping in for 10 minutes during my day to see what's going on.

It's funny...when I'm on the road traveling I have to "restrict" my pop-ins to the lunch hour. Sometimes it's stressful and I sneak away with my laptop....need that 10 minutes! I've also written down "www.knittersreview.com" on about 10 pieces of scrap paper for knitters I've encountered in my travel.

Knitting is therapy...but so is this forum. When I'm REALLY stressed out from work....I pop in...see what's going on and almost ALWAYS feel better when I shut the window.

I've only been knitting since May of this year.....WHO KNEW???

Wendy

P.S. Thank you Clara

Somewhere in Texas there's a village missing its idiot!
... My Knitting Blog.... My Other Nonsense

truly violet
Permanent Resident

6398 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  5:30:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit truly violet's Homepage Send truly violet a Private Message
I thought you spent all day here...
hahahaha
kidding

vi~ who also works at home and pops in and out...cause the computer is in the studio

as is the woodstove from HELL
TONIGHT as it is warm out....the stove is behaving....
I have a posessed woodstove?

none of this will matter in 100 years.......
except I will finally be at my goal weight...vi
http://notashyviolet.blogspot.com/ ~now with chickens!
Go to Top of Page

ScubaQueen
Seriously Hooked

USA
883 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  5:49:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit ScubaQueen's Homepage Send ScubaQueen a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by truly violet

I have a posessed woodstove?

Check the chickens....I'm beginning to wonder if they don't have a little "wood stove voodoo doll" thing going on! [:00]...

Just for the fun of it of course...I picture the conversation going something like this:
Moe to Larry: "Did you see that? she just got the fire going.....want to see something funny {blows wind (I know through a beak not possible...but it's my vision..) on said "wood fire vodoo doll" and out goes Vi's fireplace.}

Larry to Moe: "Hey that's cool...that'll teach her to put us in the basement...let me try...no wait...here she comes....quick...hide the doll...act normal!"

LOL...That's how it goes in my mind anyway.

Wendy

Somewhere in Texas there's a village missing its idiot!
... My Knitting Blog.... My Other Nonsense
Go to Top of Page

eggshel344
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
391 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  6:53:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit eggshel344's Homepage  Send eggshel344 a Yahoo! Message Send eggshel344 a Private Message
[:00][:00] I DO SPEND ALL DAY HERE and I WORK IN AN OFFICE... lol. but I too am salaried, and work too much as it is. But my BF works in the same office and I often find myself clicking off the window, not because I think my boss is rounding the corner, but because I think dear BF is and he's going to "catch me in the act" again. It's bad enough I sit on here all night, but if he knew (and he does since he's reading over my shoulder right now) I was here all day too, I would never live it down.

by the way, he thinks it's a total freaking hoot we call our yarn "stash"

"Failure is only an opportunity to begin agian more intellegently."
When Henry Ford said that I doubt he had knitting in mind, but if the sweater fits...
Go to Top of Page

truly violet
Permanent Resident

6398 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2005 :  7:29:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit truly violet's Homepage Send truly violet a Private Message
bernie said to tell you the chickens hide the voodoo doll under their saw dust....
after he stopped laughing...
meanwhile...
margurite is still screaming for me to pick her feathery butt up...
my girls are happily NOT sharing their brooder with the boys.....
the boys are strutting like......well......roosters!
hahahahaha
oye
anyone else hear 'ole mcdonald had a farm......'
hahahaha

vi
~ who is going to spend a couple hours with the roo's in the basement tomorrow felting her finished mittens....

none of this will matter in 100 years.......
except I will finally be at my goal weight...vi
http://notashyviolet.blogspot.com/ ~now with chickens!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe