Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Idiocy!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Emelia Lesser
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  9:00:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Emelia Lesser's Homepage Send Emelia Lesser a Private Message
I am such a fool. My DBF took off for the evening to hang out with an old friend and I was eagerly looking forward to a few hours of simply knitting away on my own. I told him to just take off and not worry about me and take the car and stay out as long as he liked... so he did. I waved him off and went and sat down and immediately realized that I had left all my knitting in the car that he had just driven away in. I thought I could fill the evening without knitting... I baked cookies, cleaned the kitchen, worked on X-mas cards...I miss my knitting! And I'm home on winter break so all my other knitting stuff is back at my apartment..Growl at myself! Sorry, had to vent.

~Em
"Art is the reason I get up in the morning but my definition ends there and it just doesn't seem fair that I'm living for something I can't even define...but there he is in the mean time," ~Ani DiFranco

calicokitty6
Seriously Hooked

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  9:06:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit calicokitty6's Homepage Send calicokitty6 a Private Message
So sorry to hear about your forced exile from your knitting. Think about it this way. Everything is done and now you can knit uninterrupted tomorrow.

=^..^= Debbie http://calicokitty6.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Knitrageous
Permanent Resident

USA
1445 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  10:23:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knitrageous's Homepage Send Knitrageous a Private Message
Don't you hate when that happens!??

Maybe you'll get another day soon. In the meantime, look at all you accomplished!

~~~~Jamye
Go to Top of Page

azknitter
Honorary Angel

5539 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2005 :  10:33:33 PM  Show Profile Send azknitter a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Emelia Lesser

I am such a fool. My DBF took off for the evening to hang out with an old friend and I was eagerly looking forward to a few hours of simply knitting away on my own. I told him to just take off and not worry about me and take the car and stay out as long as he liked... so he did. I waved him off and went and sat down and immediately realized that I had left all my knitting in the car that he had just driven away in. I thought I could fill the evening without knitting... I baked cookies, cleaned the kitchen, worked on X-mas cards...I miss my knitting! And I'm home on winter break so all my other knitting stuff is back at my apartment..Growl at myself! Sorry, had to vent.

~Em
"Art is the reason I get up in the morning but my definition ends there and it just doesn't seem fair that I'm living for something I can't even define...but there he is in the mean time," ~Ani DiFranco

[:00][:00][:00]....Thanks for the giggle! (we've all done something similar to that....argghhhh).

Trish
Go to Top of Page

jennaknits
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
509 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  4:47:30 PM  Show Profile Send jennaknits a Private Message
I know how you feel. I brought home my knitting stuff over the break from college, but I accidentally left behind the little bag that had a Christmas present WIP in it. Thankfully, I had another ball stored somewhere else and a spare pair of the right size needles.

http://knitdiva.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  4:50:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
I can't imagine doing that, mostly because I have about sixteen different knitting bags. But sorry, nevertheless, that must have sucked!

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

Lis S
Chatty Knitter

219 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  09:04:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lis S's Homepage  Send Lis S a Yahoo! Message Send Lis S a Private Message
I hate when things like that happen! My problem seems to be that, whenever I actually have time to knit, I either don't have the correct size needle, or I run out of yarn...and it's always a Sunday, so my LYS isn't open. (Not to mention that my "L"YS is an hour away!)
At least you got the house cleaned.
A

http://lisknits.typepad.com/the_world_of_lis/
Go to Top of Page

Cecioboe
Seriously Hooked

USA
824 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  09:05:32 AM  Show Profile Send Cecioboe a Private Message
Whoops!

Ceci

My knitting blog: http://knittinreed.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Mike
Seriously Hooked

649 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  11:08:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mike's Homepage Send Mike a Private Message
You have my sympathy this close to Christmas is not the time for mistakes and bad material management. Iím knitting happily along sure in the knowledge that I will have the third shawl of the year finished up in plenty of time for Christmas when I notice, within the last hour, that the last ball of yarn is looking pretty thin and 11 more rows to go. I canít go by the yarn store today because Iíve got to drive home to pick the kid up from the sitters because my wifeís truck is getting a new water pump. So half of today and most of tomorrow is shot. That takes close to 2 hours of lace knitting away from the project. It probably isnít enough to derail the project but sure pushes it close. This the second ďLeaf Lace shawlĒ Iíve attempted and I ran short of yarn on both of them.

I know it doesnít sound like much time but this is break time at work where I am left alone. I canít knit lace project with any distractions, that would be at home for instance, or I wind up spending hours trying to fix the stupid problems Iíve knitted into the project.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Dicksie
Permanent Resident

USA
1995 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  11:17:59 AM  Show Profile Send Dicksie a Private Message
I was attending an Alice Starmore workshop in Poulsbo (actually a few miles outside of Poulsbo) and when I got back to the B&B realized I had left my knitting bag in the classroom. I jumped in the car and drove back out. Of course it was locked up tight, but I could see my bag there under the table where I had been sitting. I shook the door, checked the back, but they were very efficient and hadn't left anything ajar. Drove back to town, thinking I'd stop by Lauren's Wild and Wooly (she now has So Much Yarn in Seattle) and just buy some new stuff. Of course, it was past closing time there. Back to the B&B. Believe me, there is NOTHING to do at a B&B in Poulsbo after the sun goes down but pout.
Dicksie

http://tourdirector.smugmug.com/gallery/529635
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.56 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.