Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A true British yarn from Erika Knight
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting on the Web
 Online Shops - Questions and Favorites
 my KnitPicks order...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eggshel344
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
391 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  4:02:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit eggshel344's Homepage  Send eggshel344 a Yahoo! Message Send eggshel344 a Private Message
Still hasn't arrived! It's been nearly 3 weeks and I am getting fussy about the whole thing. To make matters worse, I just went back and double checked the order and realized that someplace between my shopping cart, checkout and order processing a pattern book got deleted or lost or something, but ISN'T in my list of items, and one of the patterns in the book is what I ordered most of the yarn for, so I am a bit annoyed. I don't dare order the book again, cuz at this rate who knows when it would arrive!

Sorry I just needed to vent... I am guessing you guys understand what it's like to be anxiously awaiting a bunch of new yarn and feel like it's never coming.

Thanks for listening-
Samantha

"Failure is only an opportunity to begin agian more intellegently."
When Henry Ford said that I doubt he had knitting in mind, but if the sweater fits...

truly violet
Permanent Resident

6398 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  4:11:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit truly violet's Homepage Send truly violet a Private Message
call them and tell them
they have good customer service
vi

none of this will matter in 100 years.......
except I will finally be at my goal weight...vi
http://notashyviolet.blogspot.com/ ~now with chickens!
Go to Top of Page

JulieB
Gabber Extraordinaire

Australia
521 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  4:50:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit JulieB's Homepage Send JulieB a Private Message
I had a similar thing happen. They will send out another parcel if they're unable to track it. Good luck!

Julie.

My blog: http://julies_stuff.blog.ca/main/
Go to Top of Page

blwinteler
Permanent Resident

USA
3145 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  5:10:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit blwinteler's Homepage  Send blwinteler a Yahoo! Message Send blwinteler a Private Message
Wow. That is surprising. My order got here quickly, and my mail is atrocious. Definately give them a call. This just can't be right.

Take care!
Brandy

My finished projects

We are but 8 score young blondes and brunettes... all between 16 and 19-and-a-half... cut off in this castle with no one to protect us! Oh... it is a lonely life. Bathing... dressing... undressing... knitting exciting underwear ....(Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Tale of Sir Galahad)
Go to Top of Page

calicokitty6
Seriously Hooked

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  5:14:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit calicokitty6's Homepage Send calicokitty6 a Private Message
Call them about it. I got my orders within a few days of ordering.

=^..^= Debbie http://calicokitty6.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

truly violet
Permanent Resident

6398 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  5:19:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit truly violet's Homepage Send truly violet a Private Message
calling a company is usually the first order of business..
it could have gotten side tracked by the postal service
I had that happen a couple weeks ago
eventually I found my parcel up the mountain
so I went for it

so just call the knitpicks folks
vi

none of this will matter in 100 years.......
except I will finally be at my goal weight...vi
http://notashyviolet.blogspot.com/ ~now with chickens!
Go to Top of Page

COgirl
Permanent Resident

USA
2176 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  11:54:17 PM  Show Profile Send COgirl a Private Message
It could be that it's a busy time of the year with the postal service. I have always had good luck with Knit Picks. You should definitely call them about the book anyway. It's really too bad that they don't provide a tracking number. They probably make things tougher for themselves because they don't.
Go to Top of Page

eggshel344
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
391 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  07:51:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit eggshel344's Homepage  Send eggshel344 a Yahoo! Message Send eggshel344 a Private Message
I have decided if it doesn't arrive today I will definately call. I don't know if I am being to hastey or not in getting crabby.
I placed the order on the 8th so it seems perfectly reasonable to have expected it here by now right?
Since I am CT and they are in PT if it doesen't arrive today I can still call and get them on the phone during thier business hours.

Thanks all! I will keep you posted.

*new blog* http://www.samanthainstitches.blogspot.com/
When Henry Ford said that I doubt he had knitting in mind, but if the sweater fits...
Go to Top of Page

COgirl
Permanent Resident

USA
2176 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  08:05:18 AM  Show Profile Send COgirl a Private Message
Now that I know when you placed your order, I think you are being a tad impatient. I find it can take a couple of days for them to actually process the order. The 8th was a Thursday so they might not have gotten around to that until Monday the 12th. And this time of year can be very busy for the post office. The KP confimation should indicate when they actually shipped it.
Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  08:10:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
Placing an order on the 8th and posting on the 19th that it's been "nearly 3 weeks" makes no sense when it had been less than 2 weeks! Give it a week and it will be "nearly 3 weeks."

Amanda

"Is that my Not-Mine Sweater? Whoever gets that Not-Mine Sweater is very lucky."
Go to Top of Page

CompuChild
Chatty Knitter

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  08:20:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit CompuChild's Homepage Send CompuChild a Private Message
I ordered from knitpicks on the 14th and had my order on the 19th!

www.compuchild.com
Go to Top of Page

MMario
Permanent Resident

2209 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  08:23:09 AM  Show Profile Send MMario a Private Message
Online order or postal order? Have you recieved confirmation of shipping? (I love the fact that I get an e-mail when they ship even though I have to order via snail-mail)

MMario - I don't live in the 21st century - but I play a character who does.
Go to Top of Page

eggshel344
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
391 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  08:35:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit eggshel344's Homepage  Send eggshel344 a Yahoo! Message Send eggshel344 a Private Message
I guess I am being a bit impatient, I have just done so much shopping online for the holidays and it seems like everything but this has arrived so quickly... I guess it just seemed longer.
sorry to be a pain... I also get fussy when I hear stuff like CompuChild's post saying she ordered on the 14th and got her stuff on the 19th.

it was an online order... and I did get shipping confirmation 2 days after I placed the order.

Go to Top of Page

MMario
Permanent Resident

2209 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  10:46:39 AM  Show Profile Send MMario a Private Message
so it has actually only been 10 days. During the Christmas Postal Morass. *grin* Hopefully you will see delivery before Epiphany!

MMario - I don't live in the 21st century - but I play a character who does.
Go to Top of Page

LuvYarn
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
424 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  11:24:26 AM  Show Profile Send LuvYarn a Private Message
I have ordered several times from Knitpicks. For me I notice that the orders take longer if it contains more then just yarn.
I have had two orders get lost. One finally showed up a day after the reship one came. The other was a very small order of sock yarn and who knows what happen to it. Both times the fault was with USPS not Knitpicks. The customer service rep was great and she reshipped both orders quickly.
Go to Top of Page

blwinteler
Permanent Resident

USA
3145 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  11:52:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit blwinteler's Homepage  Send blwinteler a Yahoo! Message Send blwinteler a Private Message
My confirmation email said that it would be here within 5-14 business days. It came on business day 7. If you got your confirmation on the 10th, it has been only 7 business days. It should be there within the next 7 business days, but the holidays could make it take longer. I would probably give it until just after the new year before getting concerned, going by when you ordered and when you got confirmation, and taking holidays into account.

Take care!
Brandy

My finished projects

We are but 8 score young blondes and brunettes... all between 16 and 19-and-a-half... cut off in this castle with no one to protect us! Oh... it is a lonely life. Bathing... dressing... undressing... knitting exciting underwear ....(Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Tale of Sir Galahad)
Go to Top of Page

eggshel344
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
391 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2005 :  2:28:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit eggshel344's Homepage  Send eggshel344 a Yahoo! Message Send eggshel344 a Private Message
It arrived! I haven't seen it yet and I am extremly anxious to, but won't get to until tomorrow. (Living in sin at my BF's tonight) But I talked to my sister and she confirmed the packages,,, actually packages, (for some reason it must have shipped in 2 parts) arrived today.

I have never ordered from knitpicks before, but if I like their stuff I am thinking it may be worth the $7 for the 3-day shipping option rather than the free 5-14 day option, particuarlly for impatient crazies like me.

Go to Top of Page

COgirl
Permanent Resident

USA
2176 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2005 :  3:36:31 PM  Show Profile Send COgirl a Private Message
Woo hoo. Just in time for the holidays and some quiet time knitting. I can hear those needles clicking now.
Go to Top of Page

calicokitty6
Seriously Hooked

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2005 :  4:24:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit calicokitty6's Homepage Send calicokitty6 a Private Message
I'm glad everything came in finally. Originally, I didn't know you had ordered on the 8th. Your packages actually arrived fast with the holiday crunch at the Post Office. Have fun with it.

=^..^= Debbie [meow] http://calicokitty6.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

bogiebogie
Permanent Resident

USA
1076 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2005 :  5:24:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit bogiebogie's Homepage Send bogiebogie a Private Message
Glad to hear it. I placed an order yesterday because your post had me concerned.

But a delivery in 13 days is within their quoted 14 day window--and if you ordered on the 8th, they probably didn't ship until the 9th or the 12th, so that's an even shorter shipping time. They set an expectation and met it. Pretty good considering the Christmas rush.

--JK
http://knitflix.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.