Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting as Therapy
 KNITTING AND THIS FORUM HELP ME
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SnowPurls
New Pal

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  2:47:10 PM  Show Profile Send SnowPurls a Private Message
For last 6 years, Nov and dec have become the least favorable times of the year for me. So many uncertainties and unfavorable events have happened around this time. Like yesterday, The basement was flooded with 1/2" of water. The idiot plumber even didn't take a look for the real problem, and blamed the foundation. Few hours later, my poor landlords found out it was the water heater. Every box stored there was soar wet. My hubby was silly enough put thousands-worthed computerwares there. We still don't have the chance to check the demages. The Home Depot couldn't keep their promise to deliver and install a new one, today. Now, I even can't flush the toliet, of course, no water. We have to turn off the main pipe in order to stop the leaking from the water heater. And other concerns still hanging around my head. I couldn't sleep very well last night. I knit and read the posts in this forums. It's really helping me getting through the day and night, especially, on my 6th annivesary, my hubby was away.
It should be a merry time of the year: bithdays, weddings and the holidays. But somehow, all the unfavorable things keep happening.
Damn it! It's almost 4:35Pm, the heating oil company hasn't deliver the heating oil yet.
Sometimes, I find comfort in EZ's books when she mentioned her life. I guess the common experiences in every knitter connect us together like the stitches in knitting.
Thankyou every knitter in this forum give me a chance to escape.

Snow

Lissa
Permanent Resident

USA
4942 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  3:08:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Lissa's Homepage Send Lissa a Private Message
We're here for ya, Snow. Deep, cleansing breath....

Lissa

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a
revolutionary act. -- George Orwell

Oh, and I now have a blog:http://knittnlissa.typepad.com/knittnlissa/
Go to Top of Page

stellal
Seriously Hooked

New Zealand
956 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  3:50:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit stellal's Homepage Send stellal a Private Message
Yes deep breaths, accompanied by genle slow but firm clacks of needles, I could see two linings in your story, you have a landlord (so you don't have to pay to get it fixed - since becoming a home owner my money is split between fixing things where we live, the kids growing, and yarn and knitting books), and yes while computer'y stuff dosn't handle water well, what if it had been your stash or your knitting library??

Knit - the fabric of life
Go to Top of Page

booglass
Permanent Resident

Costa Rica
1987 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  3:51:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit booglass's Homepage Send booglass a Private Message
Aw snowpurls, hang in there even though I know it seems futile and tiresome right now. If Nov and Dec always suck for you....take heart January is just around the corner. Soon this whole event will be a long gone event. Until then enjoy knitting and the forum. And if by chance you need to vent e-mail me with all the grouchiness and foul-mouthed-ness you need to get out of your system.....my life is a bit of a disaster as of late and I can totally understand.

bonnie

Check out my blog:
http://www.booglass.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

SnowPurls
New Pal

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2005 :  1:02:31 PM  Show Profile Send SnowPurls a Private Message
Thank you very much! I'm feeling better. I always remain myself as long my family are healthy, I'm blessed. Oh, I need some yarn, too. Now, I'm alright!

Snow
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?