Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Started your holiday projects yet?
 I am certifiable!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

imamshua
Chatty Knitter

USA
300 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  3:07:44 PM  Show Profile Send imamshua a Private Message
I swore no knitting for Christmas this year and kept true to my word until Monday night! I suddenly realized that we had friends visiting from out of town the night of the 23rd and last time they visited was my birthday and they gifted me with a very very nice gift certificate at my LYS. I have now started a scarf for him and a stole for her. Scarf has about 20 rows left - no problem. I just cast on the stole and completed two rows. Of course I will be doing this while cleaning the house, working full time and commuting 2 hours each day!

Sally

If you think you're too small to be effective you have never been in bed with a mosquito - Bette Reese

ScubaQueen
Seriously Hooked

USA
883 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  4:23:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit ScubaQueen's Homepage Send ScubaQueen a Private Message
LOL...I'll bring over the striaght jacket!!

Wendy

Somewhere in Texas there's a village missing its idiot!
... My Knitting Blog.... My Other Nonsense
Go to Top of Page

Ivynforestsmom
Gabber Extraordinaire

465 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  5:00:51 PM  Show Profile Send Ivynforestsmom a Private Message
Well, yeah. That is pretty insane, but so thoughtful. You should get an award.

Yvonne
"Wrinkles should merely indicate where the smiles have been."-Mark Twain
http://ybrach.photosite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Knitrageous
Permanent Resident

USA
1445 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  5:18:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knitrageous's Homepage Send Knitrageous a Private Message
I hope you didn't use your gift certificate for the yarn for their items! I wouldn't think that was their intention.

Good luck!

~~~~Jamye
Go to Top of Page

imamshua
Chatty Knitter

USA
300 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  1:30:53 PM  Show Profile Send imamshua a Private Message
Actually using very nice stash yarns. I've had a silk/cashmere blend kicking around for two years with just enought yarn for the scarf and some Anny Blatt Chimere that's at least 3 years old. Not quite the right color for me, but really lovely and I got it on sale. I've changed the stole pattern 3 times now. Finally decided on a ruffled cast on edge with the stole in stockinette with a drop stitch row every 5" to make it get longer faster. LOL

Sally

If you think you're too small to be effective you have never been in bed with a mosquito - Bette Reese
Go to Top of Page

imamshua
Chatty Knitter

USA
300 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  1:31:41 PM  Show Profile Send imamshua a Private Message
Save the straightjacket for when I finish!

Sally

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe