Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Embarrassing habits when admiring yarn
 To the Cheek Rubbers
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Diva Ree
Gabber Extraordinaire

537 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  6:58:09 PM  Show Profile Send Diva Ree a Private Message
Ok...which one of you cheek rubbers got make-up on the ball of yarn I bought? LOL

The suspect wears a medium base foundation with blush.

JoliGee
Chatty Knitter

223 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2005 :  07:58:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit JoliGee's Homepage Send JoliGee a Private Message
Not me-- I never wear makeup whenI shop. I was in a new LYS yesterday, rubbing Debbie Bliss Cashmerino on my face, right in front of the shop owner, who didn't even flinch!
Go to Top of Page

Ivynforestsmom
Gabber Extraordinaire

465 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2005 :  08:33:55 AM  Show Profile Send Ivynforestsmom a Private Message
Oh! Make-up on a ball of yarn. That pains my heart. How lucky that it went home with someone with such a terrific sense of humor.

Yvonne
"Wrinkles should merely indicate where the smiles have been."-Mark Twain
http://ybrach.photosite.com/
Go to Top of Page

Diva Ree
Gabber Extraordinaire

537 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2005 :  09:01:20 AM  Show Profile Send Diva Ree a Private Message
I've seen all sorts of habits at the LYS, and I'd much rather have the ball of yarn with a bit of makeup over the ball that I saw getting dabbed in a bare armpit to test it's softness.
Go to Top of Page

Imknittin
Chatty Knitter

USA
171 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2005 :  09:05:56 AM  Show Profile Send Imknittin a Private Message
Eeeewwwww!

Angie
Go to Top of Page

Ivynforestsmom
Gabber Extraordinaire

465 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2005 :  10:20:04 AM  Show Profile Send Ivynforestsmom a Private Message
quote:
dabbed in a bare armpit to test it's softness.

Oh, my word!!! Say it isn't so!

Yvonne
"Wrinkles should merely indicate where the smiles have been."-Mark Twain
http://ybrach.photosite.com/
Go to Top of Page

franna724
Seriously Hooked

USA
633 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  06:30:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit franna724's Homepage Send franna724 a Private Message
I feel a little weird when I rub the yarn against my neck. How could someone rub it on their armpits??? And in public???

Anna
Go to Top of Page

Corrina
Warming Up

72 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  06:37:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Corrina's Homepage  Send Corrina a Yahoo! Message Send Corrina a Private Message
I never wear full face makeup unless I'm going out. So it wasn't me. The funny thing is my boys will want to rub it on their cheeks when they shop with me. They like to give it a rating like "soft-tastic"!
Go to Top of Page

Diva Ree
Gabber Extraordinaire

537 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  07:37:38 AM  Show Profile Send Diva Ree a Private Message
ROFL! I think the woman that dabbed her pit thought she was alone. I spied her with my little eye through one of the wire yarn bins on the other side of her isle.

I test on my lower neck..sternum (sp)? I don't usually buy white yarn, and alone, you can't really see the makeup. When the ball sits with the other balls of white, you can tell "one of these things is not like the other".
Go to Top of Page

westcoastchica
Seriously Hooked

Canada
788 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2005 :  2:04:29 PM  Show Profile Send westcoastchica a Private Message
I definitely don't rub yarn on my face (unless I've already bought it... :-) ). Lower neck, yes, but that's about it. I wear tinted moisturizer and a bit of blush, so I probably would leave a slight trace on white yarn...

(Armpit?? EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW)

http://sapphyreknits.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?