Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting on the Web
 Online Shops - Questions and Favorites
 KnitPicks new shipping rates
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KAC
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
443 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2005 :  05:38:36 AM  Show Profile Send KAC a Private Message
Just got an email:

As of January 1, they're raising the minimum for free shipping to $40...but shipping for up to $19.99 is only $1.99, and up to $39.99 is only $3.29.

Kim
http://sanityknit.blogspot.com/
Some days it's just not worth chewing through the restraints

Bloberry
Chatty Knitter

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2005 :  06:28:29 AM  Show Profile Send Bloberry a Private Message
Sounds like a good deal to me!

Come Visit My Blog! - http://bloberry.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

GFTC
Permanent Resident

USA
6331 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2005 :  06:38:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit GFTC's Homepage Send GFTC a Private Message
That seems fair. Now, if they would add some more colors to some of the yarns $40 would be easy to reach.....

GFTC of NYC
Go to Top of Page

COgirl
Permanent Resident

USA
2176 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2005 :  08:28:40 AM  Show Profile Send COgirl a Private Message
I never had trouble hitting the $30 threshold. I'm sure I won't have trouble with $40 either. Heck, my wish list is up to $32 already and I haven't even added the sweater yarn I want to get.
Go to Top of Page

LuvYarn
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
424 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2005 :  08:38:37 AM  Show Profile Send LuvYarn a Private Message
I agree it will still be easy to reach $40. Yet if I don't the new rates are very low.
Go to Top of Page

kbshee
Permanent Resident

USA
4170 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2005 :  09:33:35 AM  Show Profile Send kbshee a Private Message
I think they're good rates. I just bought something online where I had to pay both a shipping and a handling fee, which ended up totally about $8 for a cotton top.

kim in oregon
http://kbshee.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

calicokitty6
Seriously Hooked

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2005 :  09:55:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit calicokitty6's Homepage Send calicokitty6 a Private Message
I got the email this morning also. I paid a lot more than that in shipping for other stuff I ordered online.

Making it to the $40 will not be a problem for me either.

=^..^= Debbie [meow] http://calicokitty6.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Milinda
Permanent Resident

USA
3817 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2005 :  12:20:38 PM  Show Profile Send Milinda a Private Message
Those are reasonable rates by most standards and I doubt $40 would be a problem for me, either.

M L
Others may ask, "What's in your wallet?" But I ask, "What's on your needles?"
Go to Top of Page

ldbean@charter.net
New Pal

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2005 :  2:07:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit ldbean@charter.net's Homepage Send ldbean@charter.net a Private Message
I just checked my wishlist and it is over $500!!!! [:00]
Go to Top of Page

twiggyann
Gabber Extraordinaire

427 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2005 :  9:42:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit twiggyann's Homepage Send twiggyann a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by ldbean@charter.net

I just checked my wishlist and it is over $500!!!! [:00]

For that, they'll probably hand deliver it to you. heheheh

Lesley

Twig's Knitting Blog
Go to Top of Page

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2051 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2005 :  05:34:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message
Very reasonable when you think about the cost to ship anything.

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!
Go to Top of Page

herbandteas
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
417 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2005 :  1:08:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit herbandteas's Homepage Send herbandteas a Private Message
Good deal on the lower shipping prices as I wanted to just get a book that I want but if the shipping prices were the same as now I would wait to buy it at a book store instead.

Helaine in Olalla, Wa

Women who behave rarely make history.
Go to Top of Page

Trina
Permanent Resident

USA
1871 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2005 :  08:08:57 AM  Show Profile Send Trina a Private Message
I always made sure my order was over 30. so I could get the free shipping. It won't be difficult to make a purchase 10. higher!

Hold fast to dreams
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.
-Langston Hughes

Trina in AZ
Go to Top of Page

achrisvet
Permanent Resident

USA
5986 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2005 :  11:42:54 AM  Show Profile Send achrisvet a Private Message
I think it's great that now if you just want a $1.99 patern you only pay $1.99 shipping. Four bucks for a pattern is not bad.

Anita
My completed projects

and here

Go to Top of Page

SnowPurls
New Pal

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2005 :  4:45:24 PM  Show Profile Send SnowPurls a Private Message
They have the best shipping rate.

Snow
Go to Top of Page

Manicgirl
Chatty Knitter

Sweden
203 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2005 :  06:19:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manicgirl's Homepage Send Manicgirl a Private Message
Now, if only they could start shipping internationally too....It doesn't even have to be free shipping!

Tina
(My blog: http://ulltopia.typepad.com/wooltopia)
Go to Top of Page

imamamaof2
Chatty Knitter

178 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2005 :  3:24:41 PM  Show Profile Send imamamaof2 a Private Message
Okay... Does this make sense?? If I want to get free shipping and therefore save $3.99, I have to increase my order to $40. In my warped thinking, I can kinda justify it better if I think of it this way: Isn't it sorta like getting $10 more yarn for $6?? (if you subtract the $4 you'd pay for shipping if the order is UNDER $40.)

You'd probably laugh if I told you I was a math teacher, huh?? Please don't tell.
Go to Top of Page

tejer
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
410 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2005 :  10:08:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit tejer's Homepage Send tejer a Private Message
I was gong to rush and order my yarn for sweaters for my hubby and myself, but then I realized that it will be more than $30 anyway. Actually, more than $40. You can sometimes find free shipping codes for under $30 anyhow (mayeb under $40 now), but their shipping rates are so reasonable that it really is no big deal. Especially considering the amount of yarn you can get for the price.

My blog: http://kristijo.blogs.friendster.com/my_knitting_blog/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.47 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?