Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: We welcome a succulent Merino from Patagonia
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Shop Talk
 Shop owners and aspiring businesspeople
 extra skein of yarn
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wynnesayer
New Pal

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2005 :  11:35:06 AM  Show Profile Send wynnesayer a Private Message
Is there a forum for shopowners when they have a customer who requires one more skein of yarn and the shop does not have it nor do they wish to order a special bag order. Thanks in advamce for any help.

KL
Permanent Resident

6041 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2005 :  11:51:31 AM  Show Profile Send KL a Private Message
WE have a list of other yarn stores in our area, and a couple out of our area that we call. That usually works. If it doesn't we call the manufacturer and ask for others that have ordered the yarn in the hopes that they have some left. That has gotten us out of a tough jam. If the yarn comes from far away[east coast shipped to the west coast], the customer has to pay for the shipping.
This is why we encourage all to purchase an extra skein. Our return policy is better than most, so we have had no complaints. Better this than some customer blaming us for the shortage of estimating yarns which they sometimes do when they have made the decision not to. They sometimes try to blame us for their mistakes. It is kind of tough for them to point the blame when you remind them that you had suggested buying extra.
If the shortage does happen to be our fault, we take it in the shorts, and buy the bag.
Regardless, we will do what we can to help them find more, and most of the time we can with a little effort. KL
Go to Top of Page

carols
Permanent Resident

USA
1681 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2005 :  6:35:29 PM  Show Profile Send carols a Private Message
There is a list (called Skeins, I think?) that is exactly as you say. Try a Google search or search the groups on Yahoo.com (click on Groups and do a search). You do have to be a yarn shop owner to join.
Carol
Go to Top of Page

wynnesayer
New Pal

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2005 :  12:06:44 PM  Show Profile Send wynnesayer a Private Message
Thanks Carol for your help. I did a search on both google and yahoo and didn't come up with anything. If anybody has any additional help I would appreciate it.
Stacey
Go to Top of Page

KnitBits
Chatty Knitter

231 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2005 :  11:21:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit KnitBits's Homepage Send KnitBits a Private Message
Stacey,

Just sent you a PM with the relevant info.

Cheers,

Sue F

Go to Top of Page

risingfawnfiber
New Pal

USA
22 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2005 :  1:09:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit risingfawnfiber's Homepage Send risingfawnfiber a Private Message
Hi Sue,
Could you send me that skeins info too?
Thanks so much,

BMcKaig
www.BrendaMcKaig.com

Brenda McKaig,
Rising Fawn Fiber Studio
Go to Top of Page

knittynoddy
Gabber Extraordinaire

460 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  08:02:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit knittynoddy's Homepage Send knittynoddy a Private Message
Sue - I would appreciate having the info as well!
Thanks!

Evelyn
Knitty Noddy
www.knitty-noddy.com
Go to Top of Page

Oceo
New Pal

9 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  6:02:56 PM  Show Profile Send Oceo a Private Message
I'd also like that information, please.
Sharon,
Intuitivity Yarn

www.intuitivityyachats.com
Thanks so much!
Go to Top of Page

jca
New Pal

11 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  6:34:16 PM  Show Profile Send jca a Private Message
Is the Skeins group still active? I sent 2 requests to join the group in the past 4 months and have never received a reply. I am a shop owner and would like to join the group.

Please email me any information you have,

Thanks
JCA
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.78 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by