Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Stash management
 Gift Certificate(s)....
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Musicknitter
Chatty Knitter

USA
334 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2005 :  7:27:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Musicknitter's Homepage Send Musicknitter a Private Message
Raise your hand if you are trying to not buy more yarn and you got a gift certificate for yarn for Christmas (or other holiday of your choice).
I just bought yarn for a sweater and don't need more yarn (with all the yarn I already have), yet I can't not use the gift certificate to my LYS I got for Christmas! I suppose I could think of worse dilemmas to be in.

-Erin

I wear fur - My cats leave it all over my clothes for me to wear.

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2005 :  8:02:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
Keep it in your knitting bag for when needles break, you need stitch markers, or nice scissors, or a row counter or....

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

dragonridermom
Warming Up

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2005 :  8:04:39 PM  Show Profile Send dragonridermom a Private Message
How about a tote bag or a class?
Go to Top of Page

Yarnni
Permanent Resident

Canada
1021 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2005 :  05:44:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Yarnni's Homepage Send Yarnni a Private Message
Or books or patterns!

Yarnni
www.knitwerx.com
Go to Top of Page

knottyknitter
Permanent Resident

USA
3702 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2005 :  07:32:39 AM  Show Profile Send knottyknitter a Private Message
Or just hang on to it until sometime when you DO need yarn. That's what I would do. I got a nice gift certificate last year to my LYS and I waited a few months to use it.
Go to Top of Page

lizknit
Permanent Resident

USA
1179 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  01:10:35 AM  Show Profile Send lizknit a Private Message
This just happened to me today. My birthday is next week and my wonderful, thoughtful and considerate sister just gave me a generous gift certificate to Elann. I don't need more yarn, but. . .

Liz
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  08:29:51 AM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
Oh, I wish someone would give me a gift certificate to Elann and of course I would hold it till I REALLY needed something (NOT). I received a JoAnnes cert. for Xmas and it is long gone. What is a girl to do with all the sales, plus I needed not wanted but needed some LB Wool Ease Thick and Chunky. Have the wrap on the needles. I already had bought the LB Lancscape on sale. I am enjoying working with it. It has a nice feel and the color is lovely.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?