Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Shawls and Scarves
 Pattern suggestions for variegated cashmere
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cknits
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
464 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2005 :  5:20:16 PM  Show Profile Send cknits a Private Message
I received 800 yards of Jade Cashmere 2 ply from my DH for Xmas. It was sooo thoughful and I love the luxurious feel of the yarn, but now, of course, I need to a shawl pattern.The colorway is lovely but variegated. I believe it's called Vintage Rose. I know that there have been discussions here concerning the use of variegated yarns in lace. Can anyone suggest a pattern that would work well with a multicolored yarn? I may need to buy another skein, if there is one available at my LYS. I know that my LYS would allow me to exchange it or another color as well.

As far as the knitting level for lace patterns is concerned, I do have some experience with lace shawls, I've recently made Ene's Scarf, Leaf Lace, and Kiri without much problem.

I'm also a little concerned about the yarn itself, after reading Clara's review. Does anyone have experience with Jade Sapphire?

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2005 :  5:58:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
I think the really simple lace patterns look terrific with almost any yarn. A simple feather-and-fan could look stunning!

You might also check out the book "Lavish Lace" - it's all about handpaint in lace, and my favorite aspect is that it shows several yarns in the same pattern to illustrate its points. There are several lace patterns there that might be just what you're looking for.

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

cknits
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
464 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2005 :  6:04:57 PM  Show Profile Send cknits a Private Message
Thank you! I had forgotten about Lavish Lace. I had been planning to pick up Folk Shawls or Gath. Of Lace, but Lav. Lace is a great sugg.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe