Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Spinner Central
 Fiber Sources and Discussion
 has anyone dealt with little barn?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

carollovesyarn
Warming Up

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2005 :  6:06:30 PM  Show Profile Send carollovesyarn a Private Message
I just 'discovered' them.

http://www.littlebarninc.com

Prices seem pretty good. I was wondering what the amounts were for some things, but there is a pdf list which has weights.

Carol

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2005 :  6:23:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
Yup - they're great! Once I ordered from them and the package was lost and they sent me another, no questions asked, very friendly dealings.

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

BessH
Permanent Resident

3095 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2005 :  6:43:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit BessH's Homepage Send BessH a Private Message
yep - my experience was good too. Fast delivery. low prices. often unusual stuff - but sometimes fairly ordinary. very very friendly.

Bess
http://likethequeen.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

carollovesyarn
Warming Up

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2005 :  7:24:53 PM  Show Profile Send carollovesyarn a Private Message
Thanks for the info!

Carol
Go to Top of Page

Manicgirl
Chatty Knitter

Sweden
203 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2005 :  11:28:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Manicgirl's Homepage Send Manicgirl a Private Message
I ordered some stuff on e-bay in March, hasn't arrived yet. When I told them the first time, they said they'd send a second package, but since that didn't arrive either, I sort of gave up, and there was no help from them either. I e-mailed them again just a few weeks ago, to ask if there was someway we could sort this out, but no reply.

Too bad, cause they have lots of nice stuff, and great prices. I guess I was just unlucky, I have only heard good things about them from others.

Tina
(My blog: http://ulltopia.typepad.com/wooltopia)
Go to Top of Page

pjkite
Permanent Resident

1198 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2005 :  11:36:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit pjkite's Homepage  Send pjkite a Yahoo! Message Send pjkite a Private Message
Tina, Lewis has had fits with his internet service provider many times during the past couple of years. It isn't unusual for email to simply never arrive. Try giving him a phone call - the toll-free number is on the website. If you have the details, I'm sure he'll make things right. I've been buying fiber from Little Barn for years now, recommended them to many spinning students, and have always had wonderful service.

And Carol, I can recommend them with no reservations. I've probably spent close to $1000 at Little Barn during the past decade, and I only do that if I get truly wonderful fibers and service.

Pamela Kite
East Tennessee
http://fiberlife.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

petiteflower
Chatty Knitter

USA
297 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2005 :  3:36:45 PM  Show Profile Send petiteflower a Private Message
Yes, I have bought fiber from Little Barn when they come and set up at the Michigan Fiber Fest. Good deals to be had on nice quality fibers. A nice variety too. Some things I haven't seen elsewhere-for instance Teeswater. A verrrry long-stapled sheep breed. I got two pounds and adored spinning it, dying it, and have been crocheting some of it into a purse. It is somewhat course but has a soft, silky hand and tons of lustre. It was maybe $12 per pound. Black Welsh mountain for the same price, and very nice merino for $8 or $9 a pound. I also have some of the naturally-colored (green, brown and "red") cotton combed top and some 50/50 cotton wool which are all really good-looking but I haven't done a thing with them as of yet.
Go to Top of Page

yarnlover
Permanent Resident

1753 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2005 :  4:42:24 PM  Show Profile Send yarnlover a Private Message
quote:
Yes, I have bought fiber from Little Barn when they come and set up at the Michigan Fiber Fest.

Me too!

And you can actually get to buy something at the Michigan Fiber Fair. At the Maryland Show the lines to buy from this vendor are sooooo long I'd never stand still in one place that long at a fiber show

Very happy with the fiber from little barn - the yarn too.

See My Stuff: Here

Go to Top of Page

carollovesyarn
Warming Up

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2005 :  04:56:43 AM  Show Profile Send carollovesyarn a Private Message
Excellent! I look forward to doing business with them/Lewis.

Carol
Go to Top of Page

firymist
Chatty Knitter

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  11:33:28 AM  Show Profile Send firymist a Private Message
I just bought some beautiful buffalo down from them over ebay. It was shipped promptly and arrived in great condition and is wonderful.
firymist
Go to Top of Page

anderknit
Permanent Resident

USA
2606 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  12:11:47 PM  Show Profile Send anderknit a Private Message
I got a great price on Denise interchangeables from them, and great service as well. (That was a year or so ago, but still...)

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, 'I will try again tomorrow.' "
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.72 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe