Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Parting is such sweet sorrow....
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

klfrazier
Permanent Resident

1745 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2005 :  09:25:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit klfrazier's Homepage Send klfrazier a Private Message
My Mom actually came through this year and bought me a new knitting bag.

The Elizabeth Austin bag that I've been carrying for the last two and a half years was getting pretty sad, and so this was definitly something I needed. The cream/grey country toile and gone mostly grey and grubby, despite frequent baths, and there were holes wearing in several spots.

The new bag is a nylon tote from Land's End. It's gorgeous, has just enough pockets, and has already won the DH's approval because it isn't an "old lady" bag.

The funny part of this whole story is that I had to have DH throw away the old bag. I just couldn't bring myself to do it! Despite the fact that it was in such bad shape, and despite the fact that I had long ago decided that it was in fact too old for me/not my style, it has been very servicable and has held many memories.

Ah well. Time to make new ones with the new bag!

Kristin

Shelob
Chatty Knitter

187 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2005 :  10:21:34 AM  Show Profile Send Shelob a Private Message

Yeah! Toys for Christmas! And the bag you've been talking up for most of the year! Santa listened to you after all! Yes Virginia, mothers do learn to pay attention to Santa too!

Glad to hear about your bag and can't wait to see the new marvel! This sounds really snazzy. I don't remember ever having looked at the pictures -- do you have a link we can check out until I get a chance to see the thing in the flesh?

~Shelob

The morn is up again, the dewy morn
With breath all incense, and with cheek all bloom,
Laughing the clouds away with playful scorn,
And living as if earth contain'd no tomb --

--Byron Childe Harold's Pilgrimage 3.98

http://caution-blind-driver.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: