Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Yarn Talk
 Seeking Advice about Yarns
 Smiley
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Carol L
New Pal

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2005 :  3:06:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Carol L's Homepage  Send Carol L a Yahoo! Message Send Carol L a Private Message
I'm not sure where to post this but I wanted to know if anyone has ever bought from smiley's yarn online? I have looked around and the prices are better than what I pay here but is it worth it and if anyone has bought from them was the yarn in good shape? did it smell funny?? any weird things about it??

Thanks just wondering,

Carol L.
www.stitchandprayer.com,
www.astitchandaprayer.blogspot.com

rainyrivergirl
Chatty Knitter

Canada
212 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2005 :  3:30:50 PM  Show Profile Send rainyrivergirl a Private Message
I have purchased yarn from Smiley's a couple of times with good results. Everything I got was fine...no smells or problems at all.
The prices are great. As they don't ship here to Canada I wait until I am staying 'down south'.
Go to Top of Page

Milinda
Permanent Resident

USA
3817 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2005 :  6:04:13 PM  Show Profile Send Milinda a Private Message
Carol L. you can order from Smiley's and not worry. They have great prices and the product arrives in good shape. My only complaint is that they aren't as fast as Elann is, but who is???

M L
Others may ask, "What's in your wallet?" But I ask, "What's on your needles?"
Go to Top of Page

knittingkeri
Chatty Knitter

197 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2005 :  8:10:20 PM  Show Profile Send knittingkeri a Private Message
I love smileys!!!! They have excellent prices & great yarn. I buy from them all the time, and the $30 minimum gives me an excuse to buy enought for a new project if mine only adds up to 29.99. YAY!!!!!

May all of your days be as blessed as those I wish for myself,
Keri
Go to Top of Page

Karknit
Seriously Hooked

USA
711 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2005 :  9:49:09 PM  Show Profile Send Karknit a Private Message
Funny I was just out to smileys and wanted to get some lopi, so I selected my colors and placed my order, only to find out there was a $30.00 min. Well I didn't want to buy excess right after Christmas, so I will look elsewhere.
They do have good prices though.

Karen

My diet incentive, to knit smaller sweaters.
Go to Top of Page

Carol L
New Pal

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2005 :  10:12:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Carol L's Homepage  Send Carol L a Yahoo! Message Send Carol L a Private Message
Cool!! I know those were silly questions but you never know sometimes. I didn't know if maybe something was wrong with the price being so low. I kinda like the 30.00 min gives me an excuse to buy more yarn. I am fixing to weed out my stash so that really gives me an excuse. What I really want to do is go back to the yarn shop in Memphis and buy somemore Lambs Pride or go to Knit Picks and get some of the Peruvian wool......or....oh I need to quit the blood is rising to my head and I'm feeling faint with all this talk of yarn. LOL [:00]

Carol L.
www.stitchandprayer.com,
www.astitchandaprayer.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

lizknit
Permanent Resident

USA
1179 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  12:40:03 PM  Show Profile Send lizknit a Private Message
I've placed several orders with Smiley's as has my sister and we're both very pleased with their quality and prices. Like Elann, they don't have the selection and color choices offered by other yarn stores, but if you can find something you like, they're great.

Liz
Go to Top of Page

Hulagirl
Chatty Knitter

174 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2005 :  07:18:27 AM  Show Profile Send Hulagirl a Private Message
Have used Smiley's as the yarns are priced well. Just so others
know....I ordered the 'Panda' yarn - an Australian 100% wool,
used it for felting projects. This stuff felted great!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.75 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe