Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: A strong and discreet knot for knitting
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Spinner Central
 Just Getting Started - Beginning to Spin
 Woo hoo.....a trip to WEBS
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Magnicmax
Chatty Knitter

100 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  3:45:26 PM  Show Profile Send Magnicmax a Private Message
Went to my favorite stash supply - WEBS! I didn't do too bad. There's photos on my blog showing my new purchases. I'm still trying to see what feels good to spin, what is easier for me to control, things like that.

I'm just not sure what to do with all this yarn when I get finished spinning! I made a small scarf with the last skein because it was so small.

I'll have to think of some smaller projects to work on until I get better yarn results!

Donna in RI
http://donnaknitsandspins.tripod.com/ I'm going on a high fiber diet for New Years: romney, corriedale, merino....

azblueskies
Permanent Resident

2378 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2005 :  7:09:27 PM  Show Profile Send azblueskies a Private Message
It's beautiful, Donna. I've been spinning undyed wool so far and have experimented with coloring small skeins of it but haven't made anything with it yet. As a matter of fact, today was the first time I got "yarn" (it's not all curly and is fairly uniform in size!) so now I can start thinking of things to make from it. I've been wanting to experiment with a wall hanging of some sort using different yarns and colors...maybe that's what I'll do with it. Would be kinda neat to look back after I get better at this and remember what came off the wheel at first. But maybe others will come up with some better suggestions.
Go to Top of Page

firymist
Chatty Knitter

USA
220 Posts

Posted - 12/31/2005 :  11:38:11 AM  Show Profile Send firymist a Private Message
I have spun quite a bit of yarn in the year or so that I've been spinning and have yet to make anything from it. So, I am eagerly awaiting ideas, though I have ideas for some of mine.
firymist
Go to Top of Page

kknitter
Gabber Extraordinaire

407 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  09:01:41 AM  Show Profile Send kknitter a Private Message
wow, I'd sin to have an actual trip to Webs. Order knitting and weaving stuff from them all the time, but live no where near there. I'm sure I'd do major damage if I ever walked through their doors...

~KKnitter's Blog
Go to Top of Page

Magnicmax
Chatty Knitter

100 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  4:09:35 PM  Show Profile Send Magnicmax a Private Message
Well, I live near WEBS, but not so close to do major damage on a regular basis. It's about a 2 hour trip for me. We go at least once a year after Christmas and head up to Yankee Candle afterwards. I think I'll be making another trip in the spring. But then all the Sheep and Wool Festivals will start, so I can go hog wild there!

Donna in RI
http://donnaknitsandspins.tripod.com/ I'm going on a high fiber diet for New Years: romney, corriedale, merino....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe