Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Photos and wisdom from the Knitter's Review Retreat
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 First FO of 2006!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

pieheart
Permanent Resident

1872 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  8:07:00 PM  Show Profile Send pieheart a Private Message
I cast on and finished the Felted Sherpa Hat from Knit Hats! today. I am in the middle of a second one, using up some leftovers for Afghans for Afghans. Hoping to get to the crown decrease before bed. To be totally honest, I didn't felt yet, I am going to felt them at the same time when I am done knitting them.

pieheart

“You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war.” Albert Einstein

Check out my album:
http://photobucket.com/albums/a80/PieHeart/

Musicknitter
Chatty Knitter

USA
334 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  8:10:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Musicknitter's Homepage Send Musicknitter a Private Message
Me too!
I have mine, assuming it counts if I started it yesterday and finished it today (it was New Years somewhere in the world when I started it). Mine was a pair of baby sized socks. I knit half a sock yesterday and the other half and one full sock today. If only my feet were that little I would have a drawer full of hand knit socks!
You can see them on my blog.
-Erin

I wear fur - My cats leave it all over my clothes for me to wear.
http://musicknitter.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

highdesertrose
Gabber Extraordinaire

Malta
544 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2006 :  11:18:46 PM  Show Profile Send highdesertrose a Private Message
I have two FO's already- a large doily for my dining room table- finished the last three sections and sewed it together tonight, and the second in a pair of socks for my youngest son. Woo hoo!

~Rena~
www.music2knit.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

blazfglori
Permanent Resident

USA
1333 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  06:05:39 AM  Show Profile Send blazfglori a Private Message
Wow!
Congrats everyone!

I will have my first FO in the next week or so.
I'll be whipping up a pair of slippers for my oldest son to wear on "slipper day" at his elementary school.
I'm using a colorway called "Army" (browns & greens) that I got in a swap, and am planning to look for a GI Joe or similar patch to attach to the tops of the slippers.
Neat idea, I thought. ;)

~Lori

Go to Top of Page

eggshel344
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
391 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  06:29:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit eggshel344's Homepage  Send eggshel344 a Yahoo! Message Send eggshel344 a Private Message
Way to go everyone! I thought I would be able to join this list, and as I was about to start the last section of a hat for my sister last night I ran out of yarn! I could have sworn I would have had enough for the project, but no such luck. It's from KP so I will have to order and then wait for more. Today I plan on starting some fingerless mitts. :)

*new blog* http://www.samanthainstitches.blogspot.com/

"Failure is only an opportunity to begin agian more intellegently."
When Henry Ford said that I doubt he had knitting in mind, but if the sweater fits...
Go to Top of Page

jaw
Seriously Hooked

USA
669 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  07:14:38 AM  Show Profile Send jaw a Private Message
I'm off to a good start - for me at least. I finished the second mitten in my set. Bought too much yarn for a felted bag so I made mittens to match. Also made a mouse for the cats - but have to felt that.
Go to Top of Page

graciebell
Gabber Extraordinaire

377 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  08:06:27 AM  Show Profile Send graciebell a Private Message
I had my first FO of the new year last night as well - a pink flamingo for my sister. Unfortunately, it was supposed to be a Christmas present, but nothing like ringing in the new year with a pink flamingo! Now I just have to felt it!

My knitting blog!
Go to Top of Page

mrknits
Chatty Knitter

USA
346 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  08:51:08 AM  Show Profile Send mrknits a Private Message
I finished a holiday gift scarf for a friend. Most of my holiday gifts are late this year.

Miriam
Go to Top of Page

Cecioboe
Seriously Hooked

USA
824 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  09:13:11 AM  Show Profile Send Cecioboe a Private Message
I just finished one round facecloth.

Ceci

My knitting blog: http://knittinreed.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

qtpieknitter
Gabber Extraordinaire

Canada
583 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  09:21:01 AM  Show Profile Send qtpieknitter a Private Message
I just finished a hat for my DS (19 months) to match his winter coat; navy, orange, white, orange and light blue stripes. Put it on his head and DH was going on and on about cute it and he was. Hopefully I can make mitts and a scarf soon.

"A gifted teacher is as rare as a gifted doctor, and makes far less money."
Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

sweetnsour
Chatty Knitter

USA
156 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  8:21:30 PM  Show Profile Send sweetnsour a Private Message
I finished one plain, white, baby bootie. My friend is having a baby in July, and I figured I'd start early. She'll have a drawer full of them once I find out if it's a boy or a girl.

Otherwise, all the stuff I put on hold in November is back with a vengence.

Amy

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
Go to Top of Page

pieheart
Permanent Resident

1872 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  8:27:36 PM  Show Profile Send pieheart a Private Message
Working on my fifth Felted Sherpa Hat of 2006. These are so quick to knit! I'm going to finish this one with leftover yarns, then felt them all. Then back to my Bristow (Knitty) and Trekking socks. Tomorrow may be a snow day, depending on which weather report you believe. It seems that we may get anywhere from 2 to 4 inches of snow all the way to 6 to 10 inches. Here's hoping for an all-knitting day!

pieheart

pieheart

“You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war.” Albert Einstein

Check out my album:
http://photobucket.com/albums/a80/PieHeart/
Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  8:29:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
I finished setting in a sleeve on a vintage McCall's knitting pattern. I started this thing during Thanksgiving of 04.

Amanda

"Is that my Not-Mine Sweater? Whoever gets that Not-Mine Sweater is very lucky."
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  11:15:40 PM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
Just finished a Wave and Shell Shawl. Started on Dec 05. In a Plymouth Encore beautiful cranberry color. Really nice to work with and comes in lots of wonderful colors. My first finish this yr, but 2 new project on needles as of yesteray even though I already had 5 other projects on needles. All of a sudden I am on a starting frenzy.

Zola, Seattle, Wash.
Go to Top of Page

marjotse
Permanent Resident

Sweden
1018 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  02:30:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit marjotse's Homepage Send marjotse a Private Message
I just finished a hat for my husband and finally sewed in the last arm of a "front-tied" bolero from "special knits" from Debbie Bliss. I have another cardigan that needs to be put together already since November... I seem to be able to knit but not to sew the things together.....

Marjolein
Go to Top of Page

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2049 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  07:48:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message
Three projects finished on the 1st.
On the 1st DH and I went out for dinner. While waiting for our food I cast on for the Seaman Hat from http://www.needlebeetle.com/free/seacap.htm using "fat" Plymouth Yukon yarn. I had it finished before going to bed. Also tucked in the ends on another one I had almost finished the day before. Then, I also had finished, earlier in the day, the Very Warm Hat by EZ in Knitting Around.

Maybe it was the wrong thing to do, since DH now knows how fast a project can be done!

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!
Go to Top of Page

adalton124
Seriously Hooked

659 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  07:51:06 AM  Show Profile Send adalton124 a Private Message
Just finished knitting my Dh some moccasins from Felted Knits last night. Now all I need is to have his big feet available while I felt them!

Angela
Go to Top of Page

Shalee
Permanent Resident

USA
2049 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  08:08:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shalee's Homepage Send Shalee a Private Message
[:00][:00][:00] Angela! I can just imagine your DH, with the moccasins tied to his feet, standing in a "vat" just like a wine maker and stomping away to felt them.

Sharon in NW PA
I always wanted my own library but I didn't realize it would be all knitting books!
Go to Top of Page

sweatpea
Chatty Knitter

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  09:10:46 AM  Show Profile Send sweatpea a Private Message
Me too, me too, I finishe a 5' scarf for my dh and he is proudly wearing it. I have started a pair of socks with Opal self-striping and a scarf from Boucle. I have some felted mitts and hat orders to full. Yea, I can hardly wait. It is nice to have someone to share my accomplishments with besides dh, bless his hearts he tries to be enthused.
Go to Top of Page

lilypad
New Pal

39 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  09:58:51 AM  Show Profile Send lilypad a Private Message
My first FO of 06 was also for my DH- a new toque (hat) for when he walks in the freezing cold of our winter. ( Although yesterday we had thunderstorms, a little strange for this time of year in Ohio. I hope to finish one sock this week.
Laurie
Go to Top of Page

Knit and Purl Grrl
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
414 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  2:43:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knit and Purl Grrl's Homepage Send Knit and Purl Grrl a Private Message
Just finished the top-down "Stupid Baby Sweater" from Maggie Righetti's Knitting in Plain English. Just have to sew on a button and it's on its way!

Lain
Knit & Purl Grrl
visit me at http://knitandpurlgrrl.blogs.com/my_weblog/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.16 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth