Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 First FO of 2006!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

knittyref
Chatty Knitter

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  10:54:23 PM  Show Profile Send knittyref a Private Message
I'm within 8-10 inches of finishing the Fern Lace Wrap from Little Box of Scarves which I started Christmas Day. It would have been finished by now if I wasn't fighting a steam burn on my arm. I couldn't knit for most of the weekend. Now that I can put pressure on that part of the arm again, I should be finished by the end of the week.

Yeah!

Di
www.knittyref.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

letti
Chatty Knitter

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  05:02:31 AM  Show Profile Send letti a Private Message
My first FO of 2006 knitted the felted cell phone case from Bernat.
Added to the list of other projects to be feltd very soon.

Letti
Go to Top of Page

pixie_day
Chatty Knitter

130 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  09:05:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit pixie_day's Homepage Send pixie_day a Private Message
My first FO was a simple roll brim hat made out of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran for my aunt who is undergoing chemo. I also finished one fingerless mitt. I am trying to finish the other fingerless mitt so that I finish at least one thing for me this year, LOL. All my knitting seems to go to other people.

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

procrastiknitter
Permanent Resident

Canada
1415 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  09:33:41 AM  Show Profile Send procrastiknitter a Private Message
I was giiven 2 balls of fun fur on Jan 1. By Jan 2 they had been transformed into keyhole scarves and donated to the homeless shelter. Does that count?
Go to Top of Page

Iknitoo
Chatty Knitter

USA
256 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  11:29:19 AM  Show Profile Send Iknitoo a Private Message
I finished my first pair of fingerless mitts yesterday and have been wearing them proudly! Check them out on my blog http://www.loftyperches.blogspot.com/ and tell me what you think. My son gave me a gorgeous skein of Manos verigated wool which I have just begun to make a triangular scarf using a Fiber Trends pattern called "Versatile Scarves". Their site is here http://www.fibertrends.com/. This is a great pattern and I have used it a lot.

What, no one tired of knitting yet? Doesn't look like it here!

Nickie...knee-deep in yarn
Go to Top of Page

WendyB
Permanent Resident

3262 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  11:51:05 AM  Show Profile Send WendyB a Private Message
There's actually a pattern called the "Stupid Baby Sweater" in Maggie Righetti's book? I didn't think there were any stupid babies, although there may be stupid sweaters. I have to go look at my copy.

Last night I finished one of my husband's socks and discovered, after hiding the "donkey ears" by skillfully sewing in the ends, what Cat Bordhi really means for us to do before grafting - from Trish, on KR, of course! Thanks, Trish! I was pulling the end stitches over each other, not over their adjacent neighbors on the same needles, so I still had donkey ears. For the next sock, I'll know what to do.

WendyB
Knit to your heart's delight.
Go to Top of Page

Knit and Purl Grrl
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
414 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  5:34:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knit and Purl Grrl's Homepage Send Knit and Purl Grrl a Private Message
Yes, Wendy B! I was wondering if it's the baby who's stupid or the sweater. It's followed by the dumb baby bonnet. :)

Now, a question -- Is it finished when the knitting is done, when the weaving in is done, or when it's totally done? (Blocked, buttons on, non-knitting parts done).

Lain
Knit & Purl Grrl
visit me at http://knitandpurlgrrl.blogs.com/my_weblog/
Go to Top of Page

Rakuqueen
Chatty Knitter

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  8:08:53 PM  Show Profile Send Rakuqueen a Private Message
We had a two day drive home after Christmas soo I finished my first baby sweater, made a hat for my DD, made a belt for my DD's best friend and now making shoe laces. They really are fun! Want to start that Elizbeth Zimmerman's Surprise jacket. Has anyone knit one. I have some left over yarn, thought I would try it on that then get some ummy yarn.

Rakuqueen
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.66 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.