Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 are you waiting for a package?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

hobbitknitter
Permanent Resident

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  8:11:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit hobbitknitter's Homepage Send hobbitknitter a Private Message
I was reading archived posts and came across GFTC's "are you waiting for a package?" thread- and decided the time had come to resurrect it!

So, are you?

I'm waiting for a box from amazon containing Rowan's Vintage Knits book and the "Tolkien: The Hobbit" calender.

~Sarah Elizabeth
 Spinners make the world go round.
Keep on knitting on!
http://knitonespintoo.blog-city.com

Milinda
Permanent Resident

USA
3817 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  8:13:33 PM  Show Profile Send Milinda a Private Message
I'm waiting for my Elann package with fabulous mohair and one from Webs with Chamonix. Sigh.

M L
Others may ask, "What's in your wallet?" But I ask, "What's on your needles?"
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  8:18:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
WEBS HAS CHAMONIX!!!

Crap.

Okay, yeah, then...

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

Knitrageous
Permanent Resident

USA
1445 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  8:27:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Knitrageous's Homepage Send Knitrageous a Private Message
Yep. A Colinette Vintage kit. And my husband's Christmas present...a beer making kit.

He said I got a package at his office today. Maybe mine is here! :-D

~~~~Jamye

I don't have a problem with authority, I just have a problem with people telling me what to do.
Go to Top of Page

pieheart
Permanent Resident

1872 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  8:29:59 PM  Show Profile Send pieheart a Private Message
Amazon: Weekend Knitting for me, Star Wars calendar for DS#1, Spy vs. Spy Casebook for DS#2. Due next week, hoping for sooner!

“You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war.” Albert Einstein

Check out my album:
http://photobucket.com/albums/a80/PieHeart/
Go to Top of Page

Musicknitter
Chatty Knitter

USA
334 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  8:35:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Musicknitter's Homepage Send Musicknitter a Private Message
Berroco pleasure from Webs.
-Erin

I wear fur - My cats leave it all over my clothes for me to wear.
Go to Top of Page

chellethinques
Permanent Resident

USA
1431 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  8:38:24 PM  Show Profile Send chellethinques a Private Message
Trekking XXL sock yarn in red and green (for next year's Christmas socks!)one skein of Lorna's sock, one skein of a Regia solid (to stretch the several single Lorna's skeins I have, I'm doing plain cuffs, heels, and toes...we'll see!) plus some size 1 dpns.
Go to Top of Page

GFTC
Permanent Resident

USA
6331 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  8:41:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit GFTC's Homepage Send GFTC a Private Message
I'm waiting for Addis from Elann.
I'm also waiting for Lantern Moons.
I received 2 pkgs Saturday - silk/wool yarn from Blackberry Ridge for Ene's Scarf and Aurora 8 for Backyard Leaves.
Another recent arrival was Lisa Souza sock yarn.
Delivery has been quick lately from everywhere!

GFTC of NYC
Go to Top of Page

boboknits
Chatty Knitter

USA
206 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  9:11:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit boboknits's Homepage Send boboknits a Private Message
Yep, I'm waiting on a bunch of skeins of WOTA, the Elizabeth I patterns, and the book Dyeing to Knit from Knit Picks. Hopefully Mr. Postmas will be stopping by this week!
Beth
Go to Top of Page

carolbeech
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  9:21:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit carolbeech's Homepage Send carolbeech a Private Message
I'm waiting for Unexpected Knitting from Amazon, and some "Malabrigo" that's not called that from Ebay. The yarn will be awhile I imagine since it comes from Uraguay.
Connie
Go to Top of Page

roofth
Seriously Hooked

USA
649 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  10:04:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit roofth's Homepage  Send roofth a Yahoo! Message Send roofth a Private Message
karabella aurora 8 skeins from yarnmarket. i got to finally use my gift certificate (a birthday gift from nonknitter friends) for 99% of the order. =)

========================
http://ruthknits.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

saashka
Chatty Knitter

114 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2006 :  10:19:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit saashka's Homepage  Send saashka a Yahoo! Message Send saashka a Private Message
I'm waiting for my yarn tree from Custom Knits & Mfg. I can hardly wait to display all these cones of yarn on it (and get them off my shelves so I can reorganize the room).

http://saashka.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

GrandmaHatter
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
440 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  12:48:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit GrandmaHatter's Homepage Send GrandmaHatter a Private Message
Ooh, but wasn't that the thread where there was a word for when you were waiting? I cannot remember what it was, and I am not dedicated enough to check the archives...

I am waiting for two packages- one with 10 (count em!) skeins of Plymouth Royal Cashmere that I bought from "The House of Yarn" on "Negozio Ebay," (which is Italian Ebay for all those who's Italian skills are as completely lacking as mine). Can you say bargamonious bargain? My other package is 10 skeins of discontinued Rowan 4 ply yarn, that was also a super cheap Ebay buy.

Kristin

www.kristingoedert.com
Go to Top of Page

kadiddly
Permanent Resident

USA
3076 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  01:31:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit kadiddly's Homepage  Send kadiddly a Yahoo! Message Send kadiddly a Private Message
waiting on two packages, one of all the yarn (and some various other goodies, but mostly a TON of KnitPicks yarn) that I got over Christmas, and another with A Gathering of Lace and Scarf Style, also from KnitPicks...so I have pattern ideas for what to do with the yarn when it gets here!

You know, my telepathy would work if I had something to READ!
Backstage Stitches
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4388 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  04:09:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message
I am waiting for Socks That Rock to come from Blue Moon, needles and some patterns from Elann, and a bunch of non-yarn stuff from KnitPicks. They're closing out the little dpn stitch keepers that I love, so of course I had to add enough goodies to the order so I could get the last of the $30 free shipping! I have more yarn I want to order, but I'm pacing myself...

Jane

Blog: Not Plain Jane
Go to Top of Page

rebeccaL
Seriously Hooked

721 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  04:46:35 AM  Show Profile Send rebeccaL a Private Message
Icelandic laceweight yarn from Schoolhouse Press.

Rebecca

-------------------------------
Visit my blog at
http://www.spacesheep.com/Fiber/knitblog.html
Go to Top of Page

Bloberry
Chatty Knitter

USA
228 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  05:11:51 AM  Show Profile Send Bloberry a Private Message
One from Webs, one from Patternworks, two from E-Bay!

Amazing how much fun it is to look forward to yarn arriving in the mail!

Jan

Come Visit My Blog! - http://bloberry.typepad.com
Go to Top of Page

knittin away
Seriously Hooked

880 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  07:00:51 AM  Show Profile
(Hobbitknitter - thanks for this, I always loved this thread!)

Waiting for Carodan Farms order - Jane Ellison's no.3, some Fauve for cap and LH angora and ribbon yarns for trying out, my Wild String order of Fiesta yarn and CP circs and Knitting.com order of zephyr.

Ahh, looks like we'll be busy at the beginning of 2006!
Go to Top of Page

GloryB
New Pal

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  07:06:05 AM  Show Profile Send GloryB a Private Message
I'm waiting for 5 cones of 2/9 Shetland wool from Webs.
Go to Top of Page

kknitter
Gabber Extraordinaire

407 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  07:57:23 AM  Show Profile Send kknitter a Private Message
Knitting on the Edge from Hamilton books, and I'm getting ready to place an order from Webs for some cones of weaving yarn...and must bring it up to their minimum for the discount, of course...so I'll add some knitting yarn to the order...

and I've never used Aurora 8, and want to get some to see if I can wear it next to skin. and I dont' think I've seen it locally at any of the LYS.

~KKnitter's Blog
Go to Top of Page

Sorka
Gabber Extraordinaire

486 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  08:07:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sorka's Homepage  Send Sorka a Yahoo! Message Send Sorka a Private Message
I am waiting for one package from Ebay with some hemp/wool yarn. and on package from buy.com with a book of 450 knitting stitches. Both will be used for designing.
I am also waiting for my reveal package from my KRSP3 secret pal.. though I haven't heard anything so I don't know when or if it is coming!

Denise
I've moved to KnitChat.com
come on over!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.92 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth