Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Jaeger Books
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rfknits
Chatty Knitter

USA
282 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  10:45:20 AM  Show Profile Send rfknits a Private Message
Has anyone knitted anything from Jaeger Magazines/Patterns/Books? How do you like them (both pattern and the end product)? I have a couple of Jaeger books but I haven't made anything from them yet. Their designs are pretty classic. Does Jaeger have their own website like Rowan (at least for erratas)?

Thanks!
Steph

mbmoody
Gabber Extraordinaire

583 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  4:48:56 PM  Show Profile Send mbmoody a Private Message
I knit a cotton sweater from one of the summer books last year. I loved the design, until I discovered that the sleeve cap was nowhere close to fitting the armscye. I haven't found errata for them.
Go to Top of Page

MoonKnitter
Chatty Knitter

USA
247 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  6:01:53 PM  Show Profile Send MoonKnitter a Private Message
I have knit 2 sweaters from magazine 9. I thought both patterns were extremely easy to follow. One of the sweaters turned out terrible. It was for DH and I used Jaeger Trinity yarn which the pattern called for. It was just to drapey and did not have enough body. My poor husband looked like such a dufus -- he was so excited when I wanted to Frog it! (As a side note, this yarn is very nice, but I wouldn't recommend it for a man.)

The other sweater I made is fantastic and I love it. I used Rowanspun DK as a subsitute for Jaeger Aqua.

If there's a pattern you like, I wouldn't hesitate to give it a try. Sorry, I also don't have any info on errata.
Go to Top of Page

Wen
Permanent Resident

Australia
3244 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  10:40:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Wen's Homepage Send Wen a Private Message
I knitted DH a jumper from the mens book and it fits perfectly and looks great - difficult to get it into the wash in cooler weather. As they are all 4ply or DK it is easy to get substitutes if you don't want to pay for Jaeger wool.

I like a lot of their patterns as they are classic however I have never used the Jaeger wools.

As Jaeger is a Rowan brand I would check Knitrowan.com for any errata.

Wen

2005 stats: 0 FO, too many WIP, 0 frogpond.
http://photos.yahoo.com/whdayus
Go to Top of Page

ozknitter
Permanent Resident

Australia
3291 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2006 :  04:49:39 AM  Show Profile Send ozknitter a Private Message
Hi,

I have used Jaegar once for a jumper and it turned out ok.

But I think that the cost of the wool is too much, when we have such good wool of our own.

Knit in peace and harmony.

Rose in Melbourne, Australia.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.92 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.