Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Great last-minute gifts for knitters
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting Celebs, Articles, Jokes, etc.
 Knitting as Cowardice...Can You Believe This?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2003 :  1:32:58 PM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
Well said Kelley.

Zola
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2003 :  1:32:58 PM  Show Profile Send Ditzy Girl a Private Message
Well said Kelley.

Zola
Go to Top of Page

Ditzy Girl
Permanent Resident

USA
4723 Posts

Well said Kelley.

Zola
Go to Top of Page

chris
Permanent Resident

USA
2463 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2003 :  1:50:54 PM  Show Profile Send chris a Private Message
Of course, we must realize that any apology or retraction will be printed on the obituary page, at the bottom, in less than .4 type.

chris (who copied her letter to the editor as well)

Keep on knittin', mama, knittin' those blues away!
Go to Top of Page

chris
Permanent Resident

USA
2463 Posts

Of course, we must realize that any apology or retraction will be printed on the obituary page, at the bottom, in less than .4 type.

Go to Top of Page

chris
Permanent Resident

USA
2463 Posts

Go to Top of Page

kdcrowley
Permanent Resident

USA
4773 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2003 :  2:10:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit kdcrowley's Homepage Send kdcrowley a Private Message
Thanks....

Kelley

Everywhere you go, there you are! Imagine that....
Go to Top of Page

kdcrowley
Permanent Resident

USA
4773 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2003 :  2:10:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit kdcrowley's Homepage Send kdcrowley a Private Message
Thanks....

Kelley

Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2003 :  2:37:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
I went with the "short and sweet" route.

~~
Yes, I can use my hands to knit my own clothes, but I can drive a stick shift and I'm an athlete. I know how to cook my own food, I know my politicians full names, and I've been a feminist all my life. I am a teacher and yes, I have taught one of my students (a boy) how to knit.

Thank goodness my students will grow up to see that women can do anything they want to do! I only wish that Ms. Jameson had had such role modeling. Perhaps then she'd give all women their fundamental right: the right not to be boxed into her two choices of "Aunt Bea" or "Athlete."

Sincerely,
Amanda C. Shopa

Mindy to Heidi: Did I tell you she knits in class? She knits away and two weeks later she comes in wearing a new sweater!
Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2003 :  2:37:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message

~~
Yes, I can use my hands to knit my own clothes, but I can drive a stick shift and I'm an athlete. I know how to cook my own food, I know my politicians full names, and I've been a feminist all my life. I am a teacher and yes, I have taught one of my students (a boy) how to knit.

Thank goodness my students will grow up to see that women can do anything they want to do! I only wish that Ms. Jameson had had such role modeling. Perhaps then she'd give all women their fundamental right: the right not to be boxed into her two choices of "Aunt Bea" or "Athlete."

Sincerely,
Amanda C. Shopa

Mindy to Heidi: Did I tell you she knits in class? She knits away and two weeks later she comes in wearing a new sweater!
Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

~~

Sincerely,
Amanda C. Shopa

Go to Top of Page

kdcrowley
Permanent Resident

USA
4773 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2003 :  3:38:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit kdcrowley's Homepage Send kdcrowley a Private Message
quote:

~~

Sincerely,
Amanda C. Shopa

also very nicely done....can you tell that I have PMS today?

Kelley

Go to Top of Page

kdcrowley
Permanent Resident

USA
4773 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2003 :  3:38:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit kdcrowley's Homepage Send kdcrowley a Private Message
quote:

~~

Sincerely,
Amanda C. Shopa

Kelley

Go to Top of Page

kdcrowley
Permanent Resident

USA
4773 Posts

quote:

~~

Sincerely,
Amanda C. Shopa

Kelley

Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2003 :  5:32:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message
Actually, I changed it just a litte before emailing it.

quote:

~~

Thank goodness my students will grow up to see that women can do anything they want to do. I only wish that Ms. Jameson had had such role modeling. Perhaps then she'd know that "[t]oo many sisters fought to free women" not only from "aprons and mops" but also for a fundamental right: the right not to be boxed into her narrow choices of "Aunt Bee" or "Athlete!"

Sincerely,
Amanda C. Shopa

Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2003 :  5:32:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Atavistic's Homepage Send Atavistic a Private Message

quote:

~~

Thank goodness my students will grow up to see that women can do anything they want to do. I only wish that Ms. Jameson had had such role modeling. Perhaps then she'd know that "[t]oo many sisters fought to free women" not only from "aprons and mops" but also for a fundamental right: the right not to be boxed into her narrow choices of "Aunt Bee" or "Athlete!"

Sincerely,
Amanda C. Shopa

Go to Top of Page

Atavistic
Permanent Resident

6604 Posts

quote:

~~

Sincerely,
Amanda C. Shopa

Go to Top of Page

MatchboxMona
Chatty Knitter

Canada
111 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2003 :  5:35:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit MatchboxMona's Homepage Send MatchboxMona a Private Message
After reading the first post I decided NOT to read the article...I KNEW it would upset me a lot. Now I did read it because of all the posts here - I wanted to know what you are actually talking about. YUCK!! There are not enough smilies to express what I am feeling right now but this selfrighteous lady deserves a verbal spanking! And a good one! But, as someone said, the more letters to the editor we send the more she is acknowledged - what a vicious circle...

Go to Top of Page

MatchboxMona
Chatty Knitter

Canada
111 Posts

Posted - 03/26/2003 :  5:35:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit MatchboxMona's Homepage Send MatchboxMona a Private Message
After reading the first post I decided NOT to read the article...I KNEW it would upset me a lot. Now I did read it because of all the posts here - I wanted to know what you are actually talking about. YUCK!! There are not enough smilies to express what I am feeling right now but this selfrighteous lady deserves a verbal spanking! And a good one! But, as someone said, the more letters to the editor we send the more she is acknowledged - what a vicious circle...

Go to Top of Page

MatchboxMona
Chatty Knitter

Canada
111 Posts

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.84 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?