Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Where is your favorite knitting area?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

kitkatknit
Chatty Knitter

184 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  08:58:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit kitkatknit's Homepage Send kitkatknit a Private Message
There's no way I'd post a pic of my knitting area for the same reasons mentioned above. So just close your eyes and I'll give you a tour. One wall is a fireplace with barrister cases on each side. The right hand one is filled with knitting and photography books plus our stereoscope and photos for it collection. Turn the corner and you'll find my hubby in his oxblood leather chair knitting. Rufus our big boy cat is asleep on the ottoman. Around hubby are all his knitting magazines, needle tote, 3 or 4 projects, a glass of Pinot Noir, a fake OTT-light and 3% of his yarn stash.

I am on the couch knitting with the other 2 cats; one on my lap and one next to me. They'll do that as long as they don't have to look at or touch each other. I currently am using a Beatles lunch pail as my project box but it changes depending on the size of what I am knitting. Next to the couch is a desk with the laptop on it for reading KR, the ball winder and the swift.

Opposite the couch are my Ashford Joy, my Lendrum Folding DT, a niddy noddy and a lazy kate. Another 37% of hubby's stash fills a dresser in the guest room and his remaining stash is in a blanket chest in our bedroom. My roving stash is in baskets in the guest room.

You can open your eyes now. Enjoy the tour?

http://spaces.msn.com/members/joyofspin/ (pre 12/21/05)
http://kitkatknit.blogspot.com (from 12/21/05 on)

Go to Top of Page

CPAknit
Seriously Hooked

USA
747 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  10:07:05 AM  Show Profile Send CPAknit a Private Message
I am very lucky to have a sewing/knitting room. (It was a grown child's bedroom) I have a great chair, everything at my disposal, and a TV up in the corner. The closet has been redesigned to store yarns and I have a window seat that opens up for storage. The chair sits by a window with beautiful views.

Cindy
http://cpaknit.typepad.com/can_a_cpa_be_a_knitter_ca/
Go to Top of Page

pcaliguire
New Pal

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  10:10:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcaliguire's Homepage Send pcaliguire a Private Message
Hi Trina, and all,

I'm new and haven't posted an intro yet, but thought I'd jump in on this one.

I'm a relatively new knitter, but getting un-new fast. I especially like knitting in the family room on the couch, as there are large windows to the left of the couch, and the lighting is good and coming from the right direction for me. I have everything I need in a zippered bag and have that within reach. Also, I usually have a chihuahua on either side of me while I knit, which is nice too.

When it's dark out, I adjourn to the living room at the left end of the couch, next to a good lamp (the doggies also adjourn with me). I usually have the bag on the coffee table in front of me.

Actually, I love knitting anywhere in the house! I have been spotted knitting at the kitchen counter between tasks while cooking dinner!

Regards to all,

Patricia

Patricia Caliguire
http://paanmodesigns.com
http://floridacrochet.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

SpinDiva
Gabber Extraordinaire

552 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  11:15:58 AM  Show Profile Send SpinDiva a Private Message
one word....

BED! [:00]
Go to Top of Page

Scotlynn
New Pal

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  5:35:20 PM  Show Profile Send Scotlynn a Private Message
At home I am usually found in my comfy recliner watching the squirrels foraging outside the picture window. There is an upholstered "bench" at one end of the facing couch that holds all my needles, notebooks, WIP and a few oft referred to references. The livingroom has a large walk-in closet that hides my stash while allowing for instant stash search if inspiration strikes.

Now at work, the surroundings aren't nearly so peaceful. I knit in the lunchroom with lots of chatter going on, ooohs and aaahs over my latest pair of socks or lectures by drug reps about why their medication is light years ahead of the competition.

This has been a fun read!
Scotlynn
Go to Top of Page

JMacAller@hotmail.com
New Pal

2 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  9:19:48 PM  Show Profile Send JMacAller@hotmail.com a Private Message
I have two favorite places to knit. It depends on whether I'm by myself or hanging out with my husband.

If I'm by myself, I knit on the left end of the couch in the living room, in front of the window. My shelf of knitting books is close by on the left, as well as my current big project and a basket of yarn. I use the coffee table in front of me to hold a beverage, and spend some time convincing my cat, Buster, that he doesn't want to play with my yarn.

If I'm hanging out with my husband, it's most likely a weekend morning, so I'm sitting at the kitchen table knitting. The light is good and I can look out at the backyard. I can also spread out a book, magazine, or newspaper on the table to read while I knit.
Go to Top of Page

Margie
Permanent Resident

USA
1032 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  10:19:00 PM  Show Profile Send Margie a Private Message
I, too, have taken over one bedroom where I spend a lot of time knitting and listening to audio books at the same time. For me pure bliss is reading and knitting at the same time.

That room has space to spread out (which I tend to do well), a bookcase of knitting books, a large comfy chair, tray table to one side for tea and small things I put down - markers, cable needle, 5th sock neeedle when counting sts, etc. Oh, don't forget chocolate.

I've also been known to sit in my husband's lovely large chair by the picture window. Those two are my favorite places. I got a lot done at a recent Library Commission meeting (two of us were knitting!), I take my knitting to city meetings, and it helps me wait for the bus.

Margie
Go to Top of Page

Jane
SustaYning Member

USA
4390 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  04:04:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jane's Homepage Send Jane a Private Message
What a great way to picture all of us knitting! I knit on the couch, feet usually up on the coffee table, television on. On my left, the heating pad cat; on my right, a table (loom bench, actually) with my water, knitting do-dads, my Palm loaded with the pattern I'm working on, and whatever else ended up there. I have an Ott lamp for good lighting, because I am rarely at home in the daytime. My projects are in baskets at my feet, and my stash lives in baskets around the room and in tubs in the closet. I live in a studio apartment so at times it feels like my living room is my closet!

Jane

Blog: Not Plain Jane
Go to Top of Page

miocat
New Pal

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  06:39:21 AM  Show Profile Send miocat a Private Message
Let's see, I'll knit on the couch or in either recliner in the family room. I knit at the kitchen table where my laptop is set up sometimes. I knit in the bathroom when dd is taking her bath. I knit in the office in a low armchair I set up in there for knitting. I knit in bed. I knit in dd's room when she's playing or reading. I knit outside on the deck sometimes when dd is playing.

My favorite place, though, is on the couch. I have a drawer in my end table where I store some needles and accessories, and it has a shelf where I have put some of my knitting books. Plus it's our regular gathering area, so I am with the family when I knit there.

--mio
Go to Top of Page

Kipster
Seriously Hooked

738 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  08:32:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kipster's Homepage Send Kipster a Private Message
I knit on the couch in the living room with the laptop in front of me and the furry laptop hovering around me. There's an Ott light overhead and either TV is on or I'm listening to music.
Go to Top of Page

Ruby Plaid
Seriously Hooked

USA
661 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2006 :  09:38:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ruby Plaid's Homepage Send Ruby Plaid a Private Message
I have my knitting area set up right in front of the tv. I have an armchair and ottoman, with a side table and good lamp to the right. I have to catty-corner the chair and ottoman because of the weird half-wall dividing the kitchen and living room. I got the Lantern Moom 3-tiered basket stand for Christmas, so that's behind the side table but within reach. I would love to get a nice vintage folding tote to hold my WIPs, but there's no hurry.

I have a pretty small living room area in my apartment, but my knitting/tv area is pretty cozy. [meow]

My sassy knitting blog is here: http://www.xanga.com/RubyPlaid

Visit my crafts website: http://www.geocities.com/hotelcrafty
Go to Top of Page

Lyntintin
New Pal

40 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2006 :  5:44:39 PM  Show Profile Send Lyntintin a Private Message
Well I"ve decided that your furry kids love when we sit down to knit since they all seem to gather around us!! LOL
My favorite knitting spot is on the left side of the couch in the family room, my feet up on the recliner with the end table next to me. I have the OTT light over my left shoulder and usually have one cat on the foot part of the recliner propped up on my legs, one cat next to me and the other cat on the couch just to my left. I watch tv while I knit so its usually after the kids are in bed. Sometimes dh sits with me, other times he's in bed himself! Its my favorite part of the day, quiet and ME time! My WIPS are usually in bags just under the end table (I only have 3 going so its not too bad) and the rest of my stash is either in the closet in the office or in a BIG basket by the couch in the living room. I have knit in bed before but find the couch to be more comfy.
I think its interesting how we are all so similar in where/how we knit.
Lynn/Orlando
Go to Top of Page

kimkrafty
Permanent Resident

USA
2145 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2006 :  7:20:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit kimkrafty's Homepage Send kimkrafty a Private Message
I used to have all of my knitting in one room. I kept it in the guest room where it would encounter less curious eyes.

Now, there are supplies in three rooms. One room has books and patterns. The second room has the knitting books that won't fit on the book shelf in the first room.

Because I've been suffering from chronic pain, I do a lot of knitting in my bedroom. Therefore, my current project, along with a little bit of sock yarn can be found there.

Eventually, I'm hoping to get all the books into one room.

Because of the pain, my favorite place to knit is sitting on the bed with a pillow behind my back.

Kimberly, knitting in VA
http://kimberlyskorner.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

invinciblegirl
New Pal

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2006 :  11:39:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit invinciblegirl's Homepage Send invinciblegirl a Private Message
We've converted one of the bedrooms into a knitting room/office for me - I have a computer desk with my computer, sewing machine, and built-in shelves to hold all my knitting books.

I have all my yarn organized on a shelving system by color, weight, and content, and I have a big comfy full-length couch, a TV, and DVD player in there. I usually cuddle up on the couch and turn on the side lamp and watch television or movies while knitting. It's got two dormer windows, so once I get a spinning wheel, I think it will go in one of the dormers so I can look out the window on to the hills we have a view of.
Go to Top of Page

Cozy
Chatty Knitter

USA
273 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2006 :  1:47:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Cozy's Homepage Send Cozy a Private Message
My favorite spot is the family room couch. My knitting books are on the entertainment center in the same room. I'm not one who has a lot of baskets here & there (I've been trying to limit myself to no more than 3 WIPs at a time so that I can actually finish some things!), so I keep 2 projects in a basket & the one I'm currently knitting in a smaller, portable bag. I usually only knit when my youngest is in bed, so evening is my favorite time, too, sitting on the couch (with or without everyone else watching TV) with my feet covered with a blanket.

Second favorite place is bed, but DH says I move too much when I knit so I don't knit there too much.

Knitting addict since November '03

http://cozyknits.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

NCmusiclady
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
541 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2006 :  09:29:51 AM  Show Profile Send NCmusiclady a Private Message
Great topic - Fabulous Posts!

My favorite place is in a bright sunny room - actually an "alcove" adjoining my bedroom...right in front of the computer reading all these great threads! I can laugh, cry, read and knit at the same time!
Go to Top of Page

knitpicker
Warming Up

99 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2006 :  10:28:56 AM  Show Profile Send knitpicker a Private Message
One thing to add to everyone else's places: must have tape/cd player next to me because I like to listen to audio books while I knit. The library has tons of free ones and there is nothing like getting absorbed in the Lord of the Rings while knitting happily away.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?