Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting as Therapy
 cashmere helps at the doctor's office
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

carolbeech
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2006 :  4:06:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit carolbeech's Homepage Send carolbeech a Private Message
I had to do my yearly checkup at the OBGYN today, and I was particularly dreading it since my second c-section. Men, choose another topic to read if you wish- ladies you know my pain!
So I decided since the only garment they allow you is your socks, I was going to wear my cashmere socks (gift from a friend). They kept me warm and were some comfort as I sat in that pathetic excuse for a gown. I recommend this to everyone who has to put their feet in those stirups - at least your feet will be comfortable. Connie

Medea
Chatty Knitter

334 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2006 :  8:24:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Medea's Homepage Send Medea a Private Message
Good idea! I always wear striped calf- or knee-length socks to the OBGYN. They make me feel more cheerful and warmer. And the doctor usually comments (favorably) on them. I've never knitted socks, but I think that it would be great one day to answer her compliment with, "Thanks. I made them!"

Pictures of my (simple) projects are slowly going up at http://www.flickr.com/photos/15573072@N00/
Go to Top of Page

Medea
Chatty Knitter

334 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2006 :  8:24:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Medea's Homepage Send Medea a Private Message
Good idea! I always wear striped calf- or knee-length socks to the OBGYN. They make me feel more cheerful and warmer. And the doctor usually comments (favorably) on them. I've never knitted socks, but I think that it would be great one day to answer her compliment with, "Thanks. I made them!"

Pictures of my (simple) projects are slowly going up at http://www.flickr.com/photos/15573072@N00/
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2006 :  8:27:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
Well, darling, cashmere helps EVERYWHERE....

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2006 :  8:27:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
Well, darling, cashmere helps EVERYWHERE....

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

LauraLLD
New Pal

47 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2006 :  08:14:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit LauraLLD's Homepage Send LauraLLD a Private Message
I never thought of wearing cashmere socks - that's a great idea! At my last pelvic exam I asked the doctor to allow me to continue knitting on a sock while I was flat on my back, feet in the stirrups. My argument was that I could better relax while knitting. He told the nurse, "Give her her knitting!" Best pelvic exam I've ever had, and the doc talked about his mom and her knitting for the rest of the appointment.
Go to Top of Page

LauraLLD
New Pal

47 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2006 :  08:14:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit LauraLLD's Homepage Send LauraLLD a Private Message
I never thought of wearing cashmere socks - that's a great idea! At my last pelvic exam I asked the doctor to allow me to continue knitting on a sock while I was flat on my back, feet in the stirrups. My argument was that I could better relax while knitting. He told the nurse, "Give her her knitting!" Best pelvic exam I've ever had, and the doc talked about his mom and her knitting for the rest of the appointment.
Go to Top of Page

brown-eyed purl
Chatty Knitter

182 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2006 :  09:24:47 AM  Show Profile Send brown-eyed purl a Private Message
I guess I'm in the lucky ranks as well. Mine is a knitter herself!
Go to Top of Page

brown-eyed purl
Chatty Knitter

182 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2006 :  09:24:47 AM  Show Profile Send brown-eyed purl a Private Message
I guess I'm in the lucky ranks as well. Mine is a knitter herself!
Go to Top of Page

KBerry
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
486 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  7:46:57 PM  Show Profile Send KBerry a Private Message
Mine talks about his Harley! Next time I may just bring my knitting into the room. I do knit in the waiting room

Kristin

Beer is proof that God loves us
-Ben Franklin
Go to Top of Page

KBerry
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
486 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  7:46:57 PM  Show Profile Send KBerry a Private Message
Mine talks about his Harley! Next time I may just bring my knitting into the room. I do knit in the waiting room

Kristin

Beer is proof that God loves us
-Ben Franklin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by