Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 Vacation spots
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KBerry
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
486 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2006 :  7:15:21 PM  Show Profile Send KBerry a Private Message
We are planning a vacation soon, I need one! We are going to be visiting west Arizona. Of course, I am giddy with excitement for planning which projects to take, how many will fit in the suitcase(s) and how to plan to have plenty of yarn, not to run out before the trip is over....you know the typical vacation plans.

Anybody live or visit western Arizona? Know any good yarn stores? Any "gotta visit" knitting related tourist attractions?

Wouldn't that be a cool road trip? visiting droky, corny tourist attractions related to knitting? World's largest knitting needles. Worlds largest ball of yarn. etc....

Kristin

Beer is proof that God loves us
-Ben Franklin

GrandmaHatter
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
440 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2006 :  10:02:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit GrandmaHatter's Homepage Send GrandmaHatter a Private Message
Hey Kristin,
I have driven around the west to visit dorky corny tourist attractions (plus some more legit ones)- it makes for a fab vacation! I have seen the Liberace Museum, the worlds tallest cross, the cadillac graveyard, South of the Border, and a few more. Recently, I even had the good fortune to see a giant "fork in the road" on my way to the New York Sheep and Wool Fest in Rhinebeck! WooHoo!

Although I can give no knitting store advice (I did not knit yet the last time I went to AZ), I think that there are some neat ghost towns in the Western side... and you are soooooo close that you really should go to Las Vegas, which is the largest and cheeziest tourist attraction ever (plus the Liberace Museum is in Las Vegas).

Kristin

quote:
Originally posted by KBerry

Wouldn't that be a cool road trip? visiting droky, corny tourist attractions related to knitting? World's largest knitting needles. Worlds largest ball of yarn. etc....

Kristin

-Ben Franklin

Go to Top of Page

azknitter
Honorary Angel

5539 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2006 :  11:23:05 PM  Show Profile Send azknitter a Private Message
Exactly how west in Arizona are you going? A city name or area and we (those of us on the forum who are "zonies")...will be better able to make recommendations! Will you be in Yuma, Phoenix, Kingman, etc...?

Trish
Go to Top of Page

KBerry
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
486 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2006 :  07:06:56 AM  Show Profile Send KBerry a Private Message
Flying into Phoenix and driving to Lake Havasu City.....

Hints?

Kristin

-Ben Franklin
Go to Top of Page

azblueskies
Permanent Resident

2393 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2006 :  12:25:05 PM  Show Profile Send azblueskies a Private Message
Those closer to Lake Havasu will be able to give you better advice than I can. Only familiar with Phoenix and one yarn store here - the Fiber Factory in Mesa. When are you coming? The weather is great right now and should stay that way til maybe March or April when the temps start climbing. Hope you have a great time!

azblue
------------------------------------------------------------------
So much to learn, so little time cause I'm in a hurry...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe