Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Knitting as Therapy
 Fell on the ice
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sandlover
Warming Up

96 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  11:44:33 AM  Show Profile Send sandlover a Private Message
Last week I fell on a patch of ice and landed on my left side, particularly my left arm. I went to the Dr. and she said it wasn't broke but badly bruised. To make matters worse ,I am left handed. At firstI thought, cool! I can't work for a few days or do much else, so I would have all this time to knit and read.Not to be. It hurt way too much to knit and even hurt to hold a book in that hand. I couldn't even sit comfortably in a chair to go on the computer and check out this site! But good news! Monday I started knitting again, but the bad news is,I had to go back to work again yesterday. Needless to say, I am glad I can knit again, because it just isn't a good day unless I get a little knitting in!

Rho
Permanent Resident

1570 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  1:12:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rho's Homepage Send Rho a Private Message
You need a laptop so you can download ebooks to read on there --- from a person who had 2 shoulder surgeries and couldn't hold books but could sit with the laptop in my lap And glad you are feeling better now.

rho
http://rhosknittingwoes.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

Rho
Permanent Resident

1570 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  1:12:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rho's Homepage Send Rho a Private Message
You need a laptop so you can download ebooks to read on there --- from a person who had 2 shoulder surgeries and couldn't hold books but could sit with the laptop in my lap And glad you are feeling better now.

rho
http://rhosknittingwoes.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

knittingkeri
Chatty Knitter

197 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  8:57:19 PM  Show Profile Send knittingkeri a Private Message
Hope you feel even better tomorrow!!! And e-books are great!!! My DH and I work together, so we carpool. He drives, and I tote the laptop & knitting so I can Knit and read all through the hour long drive!!!

Month 2 of the no - new - yarn diet!!!! Plus month 2 of the no more soda diet, guess which one is going better?
Go to Top of Page

knittingkeri
Chatty Knitter

197 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2006 :  8:57:19 PM  Show Profile Send knittingkeri a Private Message
Hope you feel even better tomorrow!!! And e-books are great!!! My DH and I work together, so we carpool. He drives, and I tote the laptop & knitting so I can Knit and read all through the hour long drive!!!

Month 2 of the no - new - yarn diet!!!! Plus month 2 of the no more soda diet, guess which one is going better?
Go to Top of Page

Mama Bear
Gabber Extraordinaire

417 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  02:15:36 AM  Show Profile Send Mama Bear a Private Message
Glad it wasn't more serious!

If you have ice where you are much you might want to check out Yaktraxs They slip onto your shoe and are great for preventing slips on ice.

I find pineapple (I like to make it into a smoothy) great for soft tissue injury, whether from a fall, tightened braces, first time on horseback in ages or whatever. The bromelain in it reduces swelling and speeds healing according to some studies.

Do you knit left handed? My daughter and I both knit left handed. She knits left handed continental and I knit left handed English, but I want to try the knitting with the yarn attached to a pin on my shoulder.

Mama Bear
Go to Top of Page

Mama Bear
Gabber Extraordinaire

417 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2006 :  02:15:36 AM  Show Profile Send Mama Bear a Private Message
Glad it wasn't more serious!

If you have ice where you are much you might want to check out Yaktraxs They slip onto your shoe and are great for preventing slips on ice.

I find pineapple (I like to make it into a smoothy) great for soft tissue injury, whether from a fall, tightened braces, first time on horseback in ages or whatever. The bromelain in it reduces swelling and speeds healing according to some studies.

Do you knit left handed? My daughter and I both knit left handed. She knits left handed continental and I knit left handed English, but I want to try the knitting with the yarn attached to a pin on my shoulder.

Mama Bear
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.55 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?