Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Always know how much yarn you need
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Knitting Talk
 Boys Who Knit
 Husband retiring soon
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Greyling
Gabber Extraordinaire

579 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  08:01:27 AM  Show Profile Send Greyling a Private Message
And I think he would like to learn to knit. That's fine by me, but how do I keep him out of my stash?

I can picture him going through my yarn bins and pulling out the wrong yarn for the wrong project; I hope I have the patience. :^)

MMario
Permanent Resident

2210 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  08:05:34 AM  Show Profile Send MMario a Private Message
Just establish 'his', 'hers', and "our" stashes; a perfect oppurtunity for stash enhancement.

MMario - I don't live in the 21st century - but I play a character who does.
Go to Top of Page

pjkite
Permanent Resident

1198 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  11:22:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit pjkite's Homepage  Send pjkite a Yahoo! Message Send pjkite a Private Message
MMario is right - my DH got into cross-stitch a couple of years ago, and is currently progressing into needlepoint. He's already discovered my stash of handspun longwool yarns, and we had a short discussion (you know, one of the "are you using the teal Wensleydale I spun up for my workshop?" accusations followed by "It was just sitting there, so I thought it would be OK if I used it," protestation kind of things).

The final resolution was that he will ask in future before hitting "my" stash if I'll ask before raiding "his." We also just bought another pound of longwool that has been earmarked specifically for a project for a gift - my spinning and dyeing and his stitching. It isn't always easy, but we're working it out!

Pamela Kite
East Tennessee
http://fiberlife.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

westcoastchica
Seriously Hooked

Canada
788 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2006 :  3:32:32 PM  Show Profile Send westcoastchica a Private Message
So jealous. I wish my boyfriend was into crafts... but nooo.... he's one of those "manly men" who think that crafting is still the domain of womenfolk. Unless it has to do with power tools. But he does cook, clean, and keep my computer running flawlessly, so I'll keep him.

But *if* my boyfriend happened to knit, we'd definitely have his/hers/ours stashes, as we like a certain amount of separation between our stuff. Actually, it would probably be a his stash and a hers stash. We're really bad. We're both in the same academic field and we have about half a dozen duplicate copies of books because our book stashes are separate. And we're too stubborn to get rid of our extra copies.

Of course my stash would be better. :-)

http://sapphyreknits.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

susiknits
Permanent Resident

USA
1060 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2006 :  9:22:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit susiknits's Homepage  Send susiknits a Yahoo! Message Send susiknits a Private Message
Give him a gift certificate (or several!) to LYS's in the area. Accompany him to choose yarn and needles, OR sign him up for a beginner class, and promise to check his "homework." Also, make sure he receives adequate totes and/or storage bins for His Supplies.

And always say things like, "now, sweetie, I know you're going to want a stitch counter, needle sizer, etc., so let's get you a good one of your own." And make sure he has places to keep it all!

In this case, separate really can be equal, but it most certainly is separate!

--susi

--That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe