Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Revisiting the mitered square
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 General Chitchat
 Random Knitting-Related Stuff
 The strangest place you've ever knit publicly
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

msgb
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
531 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  08:11:19 AM  Show Profile Send msgb a Private Message
I was at my sister's pre-nup dinner. The speaches were getting a little long and I was getting a little bored. Took out the needles and began to knit.
Go to Top of Page

MMario
Permanent Resident

2208 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  08:14:51 AM  Show Profile Send MMario a Private Message
hmmmmm-- the place most people would probably consider most unusual would be the deck of the charles Morgan - a whaling ship at Mystic Seaport.

MMario - I don't live in the 21st century - but I play a character who does.
Go to Top of Page

chellethinques
Permanent Resident

USA
1431 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  08:29:07 AM  Show Profile Send chellethinques a Private Message
Does the labor and delivery room count? How about while nursing the new babe and waiting for the lactation nurse to visit? OK, it was only dishcloths, but hormones make me *really* jittery and anxious, and just sitting around was making it worse...I know the nurses were freaked out!
Go to Top of Page

knittx
New Pal

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  09:27:12 AM  Show Profile  Send knittx a Yahoo! Message Send knittx a Private Message
During a Texas-Holdem Poker tournament. Hey...no one could figure out my tells. Finished the tourney in third place and in the money. OK...it was $25.

Susan
Go to Top of Page

wittyknits
Chatty Knitter

109 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  12:55:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit wittyknits's Homepage Send wittyknits a Private Message
I want to knit while playing poker. I'm hoping to do that for my bday this year. I've done it, but only playing against my own family.

Strangest place I've knit was probably walking down one of the main streets in my city. I was working on the cabled border to the Great American Aran Afghan. I had the yarn in my backpack, and let the work dangle in front of me.

--
wittyknits.blogspot.com
Because a witty knit beats a nitwit any day!
Go to Top of Page

crzyboutyarn
Seriously Hooked

USA
792 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  12:55:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit crzyboutyarn's Homepage Send crzyboutyarn a Private Message
hmmmm I knit where ever I am going to be for long periods of time.

~Courtney [IMG]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d192/love2croceht/knitting.gif[/IMG]
A Full Stash is a Happy Stash!!
http://crzyboutcrochet.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

llamafiber4
Chatty Knitter

USA
110 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  1:50:32 PM  Show Profile Send llamafiber4 a Private Message
I'll knit whereever I can. I've taken my needles and drop spindle to conference meetings and sitting in traffic, while my DH drives always.I can't stand to just sit in the car and do nothing so much time wasted!!!

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

calicokitty6
Seriously Hooked

USA
864 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  3:30:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit calicokitty6's Homepage Send calicokitty6 a Private Message
I knit at Weight Watchers meeting too. There is also another lady sitting at the other end of the room knitting. We had to compare projects before the meeting 2 weeks ago. Several people ask questions, but no one says it bothers or distracts them and the leader does not seem to mind.

=^..^= Debbie http://calicokitty6.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

truly violet
Permanent Resident

6398 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  3:54:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit truly violet's Homepage Send truly violet a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by MMario

hmmmmm-- the place most people would probably consider most unusual would be the deck of the charles Morgan - a whaling ship at Mystic Seaport.

MMario - I don't live in the 21st century - but I play a character who does.

I love that ship

vi

none of this will matter in 100 years.......
except I will finally be at my goal weight...vi
http://notashyviolet.blogspot.com/ ~now with chickens!
Go to Top of Page

truly violet
Permanent Resident

6398 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  3:55:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit truly violet's Homepage Send truly violet a Private Message
I knit all over.... so that isn't odd
but I taught a receptionist in a doctors office to spin.....
on a drop spindle in the waiting room
I think everyone found it rather different
except me
I was spinning border leicester and wanted to get it done

vi

none of this will matter in 100 years.......
except I will finally be at my goal weight...vi
http://notashyviolet.blogspot.com/ ~now with chickens!
Go to Top of Page

adalton124
Seriously Hooked

659 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  4:27:00 PM  Show Profile Send adalton124 a Private Message
I knit in a fraternity house regularly. I'm their cook and sometimes there's nothing to do but wait for food to finish cooking itself. The rest of the time I have to round up all the pots and pans they "borrow" for ice buckets. (To keep their sodas cold I'm sure) [whatever]

Angela
Go to Top of Page

RoseByAny
Permanent Resident

USA
12598 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  4:39:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit RoseByAny's Homepage Send RoseByAny a Private Message
Yup, I knit everywhere too. Today did it standing up in line to check in for the phlebotomist.

The most challenging was to knit while getting dental surgery.

"Choose your friends by their character and your socks by their color. Choosing your socks by their character makes no sense, and choosing your friends by their color is unthinkable."
http://RoseByAny.BlogSpot.Com
Go to Top of Page

meknits
Chatty Knitter

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  5:10:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit meknits's Homepage Send meknits a Private Message
Public knitting in Paris is a lot more uncommon than in the US. Circa 2003, I got lots of stares on the bus, park, and in the foyer of my kids' school. I did knit while watching my kid have a crown put in at the dentist--the only way I could handle the ordeal. Oh, and emergency rooms---you always have to wait:(

http://marymqc.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Susan T-O
Permanent Resident

USA
2481 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  6:54:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Susan T-O's Homepage Send Susan T-O a Private Message
I guess mine would be while standing in line at KFC (or for those of us old enough to remember, Kentucky Fried Chicken). Of course, I'll knit just about anywhere that I have free hands & free time, and none of them really seem strange to me.

--Susan T-O in Long Beach CA

"The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds the
most discoveries, is not 'Eureka!' but 'That's funny.'" --Isaac Asimov
Go to Top of Page

Emelia Lesser
Gabber Extraordinaire

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  7:34:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Emelia Lesser's Homepage Send Emelia Lesser a Private Message
At first I felt a little strange knitting in my art history lecture, but this semester there seems to be a sN'b section.

~Em
"Art is the reason I get up in the morning but my definition ends there and it just doesn't seem fair that I'm living for something I can't even define...but there he is in the mean time," ~Ani DiFranco
Go to Top of Page

angelcooper@hotmail.com
Gabber Extraordinaire

541 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  8:05:53 PM  Show Profile Send angelcooper@hotmail.com a Private Message
Lets see, I knit in the car on the way - wherever when my friend is driving. I knit at a play a couple of years ago. I knit at the doctor's office and at church between a church meeting and handbell practice and the night when we have concerts. I need to have "pocket projects" that I can knit while walking. Wouldn't it be nice if I could knit while riding my bike???!!!?!?!?!?!?

Angel
Knitting and spinning in the Shenandoah Valley

My blog - http://vaknittingangel.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

crise
Chatty Knitter

337 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  8:12:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit crise's Homepage Send crise a Private Message
I knit at the Zoo when the entire family goes. I can only take riding on the kiddy train so many times, ack!

Kris

http://krisknits2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kadiddly
Permanent Resident

USA
3076 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  9:36:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit kadiddly's Homepage  Send kadiddly a Yahoo! Message Send kadiddly a Private Message
hmm...doctor's offices, waiting to pick up a package at UPS, and, the newest, the bar we frequent on Tuesday nights. Knitting seems to be absolutely fascinating to drunk people, for some reason. (I was the dd at the time.)

quote:
Originally posted by blwinteler

All are amazed that I do it while walking.

I'm amazed that you can do it while walking, too - I have trouble remembering to breathe and walk sometimes, I think!

Proud member of the US Shawl/Wrap Olympic Knitting Team!
Backstage Stitches
Go to Top of Page

blwinteler
Permanent Resident

USA
3145 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  10:05:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit blwinteler's Homepage  Send blwinteler a Yahoo! Message Send blwinteler a Private Message
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by blwinteler

All are amazed that I do it while walking.

I'm amazed that you can do it while walking, too - I have trouble remembering to breathe and walk sometimes, I think!

As a kid, I used to read while I walked, even through the halls at school. I never ran into anyone. I had a few people run into me on purpose (no way I could have avoided them, when I moved they moved), but I was always aware of where I was going. Now I knit instead of reading while I walk. I figure that I might as well knit for the 20 minutes between here and the school. I knit slower while I walk, but not as slow as not knitting at all. And reading while walking down the street is not nearly as safe as reading in school halls. Much easier to pay attention when I am knitting, since I take projects that I barely have to look at.

Take care!
Brandy

My finished projects

We are but 8 score young blondes and brunettes... all between 16 and 19-and-a-half... cut off in this castle with no one to protect us! Oh... it is a lonely life. Bathing... dressing... undressing... knitting exciting underwear ....(Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Tale of Sir Galahad)
Go to Top of Page

njzube@aol.com
New Pal

25 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2006 :  10:06:17 PM  Show Profile Send njzube@aol.com a Private Message
I knit at long stop lights, stopped construction trafficm and while waiting for the drive-in bank teller, and consider none of them a strange place to knit. It takes the stress out of waiting. I don't care if the light ever changes, traffic ever moves, or the teller ever gets to me. Jz
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.39 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?