Knitter's Review Forums
  The online community for readers of Knitter's Review.
  This week: Celebrating Texas fiber producers
   > Have you subscribed yet?
Knitter's Review Forums
KR Home | My Profile | Register | Active Topics | Private Messages | Search | FAQ | Want to make Betty happy?
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your username or password?

All Forums
 Seeking Patterns / Free Pattern Links
 Men's Sweaters
 Exasperated Daughter
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

btchwstix
Chatty Knitter

Canada
208 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  7:14:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit btchwstix's Homepage Send btchwstix a Private Message
Needs pattern for mother desperately. My mother wants to knit my father a cardigan and is having a devil of a time finding a suitable pattern. She purchased the yarn after finding a pattern book that contained "extra large" sizing, however, this sizing is still way too small. My father is about a 56 or 58. She will not/can not convert patterns/charts. She needs a pattern already made for this type of sizing.

The yarn she has chosen is Gaelic by Stylecraft and is gauged at 22 st per 30 rows on 4mm needles.

Any pattern suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

It is REALLY hard to find plus-sized knit patterns, has anyone noticed?

Thanks
btchwstix

http://btchwstix.blogspot.com/

procrastiknitter
Permanent Resident

Canada
1415 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  8:38:07 PM  Show Profile Send procrastiknitter a Private Message
Try ampleknitters.com for suggestions. Also, there is anne Budd's 'Knitters' Book of Sweater Patterns' that does 90% of sweater design for you. I do not know if it has sizes that large. You may have to get out your calculator and do it for her...

What would chairs look like if our knees bent the other way?
Go to Top of Page

procrastiknitter
Permanent Resident

Canada
1415 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  8:59:41 PM  Show Profile Send procrastiknitter a Private Message
The site is www.ample-knitters.com . If you click on free patterns and scroll down, you will find a link to an online pattern generator. That should do the trick. There are other patterns mentioned, and I bet if you post a question to the list, they could help you.

What would chairs look like if our knees bent the other way?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Knitter's Review Forums © 2001-2014 Knitter's Review Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.59 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
line This week's bandwidth
kindly brought to you by

and by knitters like you.
How can I sponsor?

line subscribe to Knitter's Reviwe